Amby

Flying Back to the States and I have a terrible cold

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok so I am flying home tomorrow from England and I have a really bad cold. The most horrible stuffy nose I have ever had in my entire life plus cough tired achy etc. Anyways, I've flown sick before and my ears don't pop and it makes the flight miserable. Anyone have any suggestions on something over the counter to take that will help make is less horrible? Someone suggested Tavist-D and they don't sell that in England. Anyways, thanks in advance for any replies.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Go and talk to the pharmacists in Boots or another good chemist... explain to them your symptoms and they should be able to recommend something for you... Make sure you speak to the pharmacist not the sales assistant...

Hope you get something and the flight home is not to bad..

Kez

Filed: Other Timeline

Yeah, ask the chemist for some really really good decongestant. The last time I flew with a stuffed up head I thought I was going to explode. And so did the guy in the seat next to me! Even the flight attendent looked at me with sympathy every time she passed. But of course she didn't offer me anything to help :P Luckily my flight was short, only from Chicago to Toronto. I can't imagine having to suffer a transatlantic flight with my head stuffed up like that.

I hope you find something.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Maybe when I stop in Amsterdam I can find something really strong to knock me out lol. Actually I have some vicodin from when I broke my ribs maybe I will knock back one or two so that I sleep the entire flight. I forgot I had it with me. As for the chemist they gave me some stuff that sucks. Oh well! I will live I've taken this flight before with a stuffy head. Thanks everyone.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You should DEFINITELY get some kind of decongestant. I flew once with my head all clogged - I guess it was my sinuses...and it felt like someone was stabbing me in the head repeatadly with an ice pick....the pressure was killing me.

Decongest...THEN pass out :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg