dmhweb

Russia Forum

76 posts in this topic

Congrats to both of you.... and thanks for sharing the questions and the process.

This is just getting better and better. (And closer and closer!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just an update to pass on good news,

Natalia is in Moscow today and has received her K-1 Visa at DHL. It was delivered from the Embassy on Tuesday and we had arranged for DHL to hold it until she travelled back through Moscow, we didn't want to take a chance it would be lost in route to her city.

She will fly tomorrow to Atlanta. The most difficult part of this journey is almost over. Now the AOS journey begins but at least she will be here.

It seems all are having success as well and I am sure it is because of the experiences and advice posted. Can you imagine doing this without an Internet. (I suppose it is because of Al Gore :lol: )

Good luck to all,

Warren

Met in Finland Dec 2001

29 Apr 2005 Met in Dominican Republic 9 days

10 Aug 2005 Mailed I-295F to TSC (case transferred to CSC because of TSC case load)

19 Aug 2005 Met again St Petersburg Russia 10 days

30 Aug 2005 Received NOA 1 from CSC (Dated 17 August)

26 Oct 2005 Received NOA 2 approval via website

09 Nov 2005 Received MOS # from NVC

22 Nov 2005 Application in U.S. Embassy Moscow

22 Dec 2005 Visited Moscow for 12 days

27 Dec 2005 Medical Exam Moscow

28 Dec 2005 Received Medical Results

16 Feb 2006 Interview Scheduled

24 Feb 2006 Received K-1 Visa at DHL Moscow

25 Feb 2006 Arrive in America (Atlanta)

07 Mar 2006 Married!!!!

10 Mar 2006 Applied for Social Security Card

17 Mar 2006 Received SS Card

16 May 2006 Mailed AOS and AP documents to Chicago

05 Jul 2006 Completed Biometrics in New Orleans

22 Aug 2006 She received Driver's License

05 Sep 2006 AOS Interview (Green Card) Scheduled

15 Dec 2006 Sent letter to USCIS requesting status of AOS

02 April 2007 Received Green Card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Golfnut

After she arrives please let us know how it went entering through Atlanta. We will be returning through Atlanta next month and I'm curious about what to expect.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My Irina will also be coming in through Atlanta in June so I am very interested in the process there at this POE. Also, I will be meeting her at this airport and would like to know where I need to be to meet her as soon as she comes out. Where will this be? Is it clearly marked on where I need to go? etc.

Thanks,

Godspeed Warren.

And a big :thumbs: to Al Gore for creating the internet.

Atlanta may be the POE for us too, so we'll be waiting on the info. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU!!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Yes, I will post an e-mail of how the POE process went for both of us. The Atlanta Hartsfield Airport has a great web-site with information (video and maps) for international arrivals:

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Default.asp...vice/cspage.htm

This site should get you close but it is in the Customer Service area and then click International Passengers. Chose your language (Russian is not a choice yet) and you can watch a Flash video. It does help a little.

But the main point is she will receive her luggage at the immigration point and then re-check it and it will be sent through the airport to the normal baggage claim for all flights. So, worst case if you know her Flight number you can be at baggage claim waiting for her. I plan to intercept her before that point if possible.

I also e-mailed her an AT&T pre-paid phone card codes so she can go to any pay phone and dial the numbers and my cell phone so first I will know she is in the airport and if necessary. I explained in detail how to use it. This should help too.

I smiled when she said "I had no problem finding you at SVO II airport in Moscow and it was very large, we will find each other at Atlanta" I told her wait until you see Atlanta's airport and you must walk a mile or take a 5 minute underground train to baggage claim from Concourse E. Plus there are 10 times the amount of people. And I am sure I stuck out like every other American at SVO II (also at St. Petersburg's airport) so I was easy to find. Somehow they know I was American even when I try not to look American. Natalia said I smiled too much!

I also remember at SVO II she went to the cafe and ordered 2 coffees and we somehow paid $14.00 for 2 very small cups of coffee (there was no menu or prices listed anywhere) I thought Starbucks was high. I will never complain about a 3 dollar cup (large) of coffee again at the airport.

Until next time, Warren

Met in Finland Dec 2001

10 Aug 2005 Mailed I-295F to TSC (case transferred to CSC because of TSC case load)

07 Mar 2006 Married!!!!

Sounds like a good plan Warren. Keep us posted!

(I wonder though.... could you look "Russian" at the Atlanta airport? Maybe a big red CCCP T-shirt like the tourists in Moscow wear with a furry hat? Somehow, I still don't think that would help! Good luck though!)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Hello,

Natalia is here!!!!!, I will give details of Atlanta experience tomorrow. But her customs took 2 hours 30 minutes from the time she landed. But what is a few hours whe when have waited so long already.

Warren

Met in Finland Dec 2001

07 Mar 2006 Married!!!!

Awesome news Warren and Natalia!!! Great to hear that you're finally together.

Have fun, don't worry about getting the info on here until you guys are fully "reacquainted."

Русский форум член.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Slim,

What happened to this site, it is so boring now. All of the regulars are gone, no one gets offended about my ideas on prenuptial agreements. I miss the old days when they were handing out suspensions. .

NOA 1 Aug 12, 2005

RFE Email Nov 7. 2005

NOA 2 Nov 29, 2005 No update on website no email.

Clear <!--WORD2URL-01--><!--END WORD2URL-01-->NVC<!--WORD2URL-02--><!--END WORD2URL-02--> December 9, 2005

Interview first week March

VISA GRANTED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Slim,

What happened to this site, it is so boring now. All of the regulars are gone, no one gets offended about my ideas on prenuptial agreements. I miss the old days when they were handing out suspensions. .

This is what happens when you are too busy with your new bride to be posting on Internet forums. I know that I only post when I am at "work" :P these days becuse my home life is so busy.

K1 sent to VSC 17 Feb. 2005

NOA1 received 23 Feb. 2005

NOA2 received 17 Mar. 2005

Case received by NVC 21 Mar. 2005

Learned NVC sent documents to Moscow (via telephone) 14 Apr. 2005

Email from US Embassy in Moscow on 25 April 2005 informing us that interview date was set for 1 August 2005

Packet 3 Received 5 May 2005

K1 Interview Successfully completed 1 August 2005 !

Arrival into JFK on 7 August 2005

Applied for Social Security Number 9 August 2005

Social Security Card Received in mail 27 August 2005

Wedding day on 16 September

AOS/EAD/AP package sent to USCIS on 6 October. SS card name changed request.

NOA received 17 October, also recieved SS card with married name

Biometrics appointment 22 November. Also recieved Driving Permit the same day.

Yep, I hope to have that "problem" soon too.

Don't worry figsy, we'll get our chance. Till then, I'll be on here.

Русский форум член.

• 5 weeks later...

Good luck goldtop!

Let us know how it goes and what the current questions are.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.