4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have filled out all the forms for our AOS but now I am confused about the I-693. My now wife (she was a K-1) got her vaccinations at St. Lukes in Manila and we have that transcript.

My question is, are we required to see a Civil Surgeon to fill out the I-693 form or just send in the transcript? If we have to see the doctor do we have to do that before filing the AOS packet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

(1)

You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of

your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or

if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with

the terms and conditions on the waiver.

(2)

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the

vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part

of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by

a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form

I-693.

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We have filled out all the forms for our AOS but now I am confused about the I-693. My now wife (she was a K-1) got her vaccinations at St. Lukes in Manila and we have that transcript.

My question is, are we required to see a Civil Surgeon to fill out the I-693 form or just send in the transcript? If we have to see the doctor do we have to do that before filing the AOS packet?

So as long as it has not been a year since the medical examination, I would just have the doctor fill the vaccination part and send it in... that´s what I have seen from other people... according to what USCIS states, you are not really required to submit I693 if the person came using K1, but a few people I have read have gotten an RFE because not all the adjudicators are as familiar with the policies as they should be or whatever other reason might be... that´s just a suggestion... by the way, I found the information I gave you on the instructions for the form: here is the link, page 5... good luck!!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

I-129F Mailed: 8/23/13

Received at lockbox in Texas: 8/26/13

Text/Email Received: 8/29/13

Case at: TSC

NOA1 Received: 9/3/2013

Alien number changed: 9/18/2013

No RFE!

Petition Approved: 11/25/2013

Petition sent to the NVC: 12/12/13

Obtained case number: 12/19/2013

Petition sent to the consulate: 12/23/2013

Interview: 01/10/2014

I came here on a K1 visa too. You dont need to redo the medical exam but you do need to see a civil surgeon and have the vaccination sheet transcribed into I-693 and since its already October which falls into the Flu season she might be required to have the flu shot.

We submitted our AOS papers last March 2013 and since some people said that they made it without transcribing their vaccination sheet so I tried my luck but unfortunately received an RFE 2 weeks ago requesting for the I-693 and it kind of slowed down the process of my AOS.

So i would encourage you to go ahead and look for a civil surgeon that DOESN'T require you to redo the medical since it is within 1 year (because some will require you to redo the medical that is not actually necessary).

Here is a link that you can use to locate a civil surgeon near your place and start making calls soon

God bless.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

Edited by RyRo

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.