Bridget ~ Steven

List of Docs sent TO beneficiary to take to interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have too much time on my hands now to fret. My fiance is finalizing the DS-260 and sending it in tomorrow. I want to be sure that I sent him everything that he needs.

My list:

*Full copy of I-129F (minus pics, he's printing more and we have an album)

*Updated Fiancee Letter of Intent, signed.

*Proof of meeting (boarding pass, rugby tickets, luggage tags, etc. Have pics of us at rugby game and so on)

*Form I-134

Letter discussing my current business income (self employed) vs. last year (both are over 125%, but last year was barely with child support added in)

IRS Transcript

Bank 1 Statement - date opened, amt deposited last 12 months, current balance.

Bank 2 Statement - ditto

Divorce/Settlement paperwork showing alimony & child support amts

Printout of Bank Statement showing direct deposit of alimony/child supp (this is bank #1)

*Both NOA2s (no idea why they sent two, they have the same expiration date)

*He is printing the proof of ongoing relationship (skype, facebook, presents, etc.). I've heard London is pretty nonchalant about this. We talk for hours daily and he's very involved with my kiddos, so I'm not concerned about the interview itself. They'll probably get tired of listening to him talk about us.

Do I need to send my birth certificate? I used my passport pages (ALL of them) for the I-129F because I couldn't find my birth certificate. I have it now.

Did NOTHING need notarized? I guess that's my fear, I somehow missed that something needed to be notarized!

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
** transferred with 2nd group from VSC to TSC in late June
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
8/16/13 - Shipped from TSC
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
9/27/13 - CEAC Status Update
10/02/13 - DS-260 mailed in
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/12/13 - Another call to DoS and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
Hurray for Patron Saint of Immigrants - Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!
11/14/13 - INTERVIEW --- APPROVED!!!!!
11/19 & 11/20 - CEAC date update, but still at "Ready".
11/21 - CEAC Creation Date & Notice Changed.
11/22 - CEAC AP
11/25 - CEAC ISSUED -- yay!!
11/27 - DoS Shipment Notice (email) in AM. Pickup ready email sent in PM.
11/28 - Steven picks up docs from Bridgend - Happy Thanksgiving!
12/15/13 - Arrival in US. POE: JFK. (Heathrow - JKF - Richmond, VA by evening)
Getting Married in January with small ceremony.
Dream Beach Wedding with both families June 21, 2014

Nothing needs notarized!

They really just want your affidavit of support and supporting docs (IRS transcripts and typically letter from employer).

Be sure he takes his appointment letter ("packet 4") and proof of MRV payment to the interview. And his passport of course.

I've never heard of London wanting to see any proof of relationship. Once it gets to the embassy, they're good with it.

I'd send a copy of your birth certificate to him since you couldn't provide it earlier in the process. They won't need the original.

You have way more than they'll ask to see at the interview, so stop fretting!

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Timeline

Thanks Sarah! Now hopefully my gov't can resume functioning as normal so there are no hiccups at the embassy. I saw where others said there is a 6-8 week wait for a London interview. I hope it won't be longer than that! He plans to travel asap and we hope to be together for Christmas.

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
10/15/13 - CEAC Status Update (DoS couldn't say what triggered it, did say no interview assigned, but all docs are in)
10/23/13 - Embassy email states they do not have our documents. Poor Steven does 160 again.
10/23/13 - DoS says our case is still "processing" and not "qualified" (interview ready) and to do newest forms.
11/05/13 - CEAC Update. DoS says case is "eligible for interview" and we're waiting on next interview date.
11/08/13 - Another call to DoS (Chris is a nice guy!) and no interview scheduled yet.
11/13/13 - Email from Embassy to Steven informing him that his interview is TOMORROW.
11/22 - CEAC AP

I have too much time on my hands now to fret. My fiance is finalizing the DS-260 and sending it in tomorrow. I want to be sure that I sent him everything that he needs.

What he needs from US fiancé--

Yes to I-134 and however you want to prove income

Yes to NOTARIZED letter of intent because you will not get done before the NOA2 expiration since approved in early July. That is stated in the letter of instruction he got from London.

No to

Relationship evidence

Photos together

US birth certificate

US passport

anything in the I-129F petition or a copy of it

NOA1 or NOA2 for petition

It's really all about him and his documents now.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

That's interesting that you said you don't need to send NOA2 because elsewhere it does. It's a flat rate, so I stuffed the envelope and off it all went. :)

VJ says: copy of entire 129F, all originals of documents submitted for I-129F, original letter, I-134 (plus I have add'l docs due to being self employed), various bank info, copy of NOA2, proof of relationship. That was part of the K1 Flowchart, obviously different embassies vary.

I hope we get an interview date before the NOA2 expires. I did send off a notarized copy of the letter of intent.

It looks like some folks are getting interviews super fast and others are not. I was amazed when looking at other sections of VJ to see K1 folks getting their NOA2s in 2 months. I definitely feel like we applied at the worst time with all of the hassles of Vermont/Texas, change of forms, delay sending to NVC, etc.

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
11/22 - CEAC AP

It looks like some folks are getting interviews super fast and others are not. I was amazed when looking at other sections of VJ to see K1 folks getting their NOA2s in 2 months. I definitely feel like we applied at the worst time with all of the hassles of Vermont/Texas, change of forms, delay sending to NVC, etc.

Yes but just be glad you weren't applying last summer. It took us 9 months to get our NOA2 (NOA1 date of 24 July 2012). It's quite galling to see people getting their NOA2s in 2 months.

That's interesting that you said you don't need to send NOA2 because elsewhere it does. It's a flat rate, so I stuffed the envelope and off it all went. :)

VJ says: copy of entire 129F, all originals of documents submitted for I-129F, original letter, I-134 (plus I have add'l docs due to being self employed), various bank info, copy of NOA2, proof of relationship. That was part of the K1 Flowchart, obviously different embassies vary.

VJ speaks to the entire world and this forum to what actually happens in London. Make sure your fiancé gets that NOA2 back to the US in the move. It is needed for submission with AOS.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

VJ speaks to the entire world and this forum to what actually happens in London. Make sure your fiancé gets that NOA2 back to the US in the move. It is needed for submission with AOS.

London doesn't need to see it. I never sent it with my fiance because I didn't want to run the risk of it not making it back to the US for AOS.!!

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

I got my K1 yesterday in London. They want the documents they ask for (and copies thereof) . The key issue for them in terms of additional documentation is the paperwork to support your affidavit. I took one photo of us together earlier this year and one from when we were in a college relationship 30 years ago. I showed the latter because I thought it would amuse the CO (it did) but never got asked for any proof.

We all like a blanket so I took copies of the documents I did in the UK post Packet 3 and had a copy of the I-29F but referred to none of it

I would also make sure it's easy to present. You realllyyyy don't want to faff around when they go ask for your docs. Have 'em ready to go.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Timeline

It's all very well organized. I put each document into a page protector and a sticky note of what's in it. Original envelopes are also in with the various docs (like bank statements). Then.. we realized last night that my page protectors probably won't work over there, so he'll just have to repackage it.

It should be super easy for him to present. I'm self-employed and we're using child support as part of my income so he has some extra docs due to that (divorce/settlement agreement, proof of direct deposit of child support, IRS transcript).

On his end he's still waiting on the police doc that is specific to the caution he received a while back. He got into an argument and hit a guy. He has his actual police papers (used for the medical) but there's another that should hopefully be here in a couple of weeks. They said to allow 6-8 weeks for its arrival.

I think if I *did* have a typical job it'd be less stressful! Though I keep reminding myself they do OODLES of these interviews day in and day out so they're going to be familiar with all kinds of cases.

1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
11/22 - CEAC AP

Don't forget that stuff printed and sent from the US will be letter size and won't fit nicely into A4 pockets here. BTDTGTTS.

Good luck with your journey.

Richard

event.png

event.png

I think if I *did* have a typical job it'd be less stressful! Though I keep reminding myself they do OODLES of these interviews day in and day out so they're going to be familiar with all kinds of cases.

If I recall from your post on the I-134 that I answered, ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/456968-i-134-questions-plus-additional-income-information-how-to-include-it/ ) you said your 2012 tax return showed over the poverty level. That will get him approved without those 12 bank statements and letter you planned to write. I don't think it's going to be as hard as you fear.

The lore in the K1 forum can get you all worked into a frenzy thinking you need to document so much, but London is just not as difficult as some consulates. There is nothing in the law that says there are specific requirements for a fiance except the officer who interviews must be convinced the beneficiary will not become a public charge. It is a subjective decision and London usually glances at one proof and says "that's fine" without discussing it.

Did you also know the Dept of State says 100% of the poverty level is generally accepted as enough for a K1? Read that right here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#9

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I think having 100% for K1 and 125% for AOS is ridiculous. I know others have posted that London prefers 125% since realistically that's what you need to do AOS. We don't have the option of a cosponsor (I have a large family and most who would be willing to do so don't have the income for my family + theirs).

My 2012 AGI (tax return) is under poverty for my size family, but with child support it is over. Child support isn't added into the tax return as income so they'll have to also look at the divorce/settlement docs for that number. Obviously on the I-134 it is added together for total income.

My income for 2013 is well over and the two bank statements are to show my income plus child support/alimony income (that goes into a 2nd bank account). I'm in my second year of business and felt it was worthwhile to explain that and the jump in income, plus the future for the business to show it is stable.

I want to be sure that the person feels confident we'll meet AOS requirements! smile.png I'm also rather protective of my guy and don't want him to be in an uncomfortable situation. It stinks to be here while he's doing the interview!

Finally, the I-134 form does state clearly that bank letters are required. It was simple for them to do, though the credit union was having a hissy fit about how they ONLY do it for mortgages and NEVER do things for immigration. So I kept going up the food chain, complaining, til someone said "Oh, you just need a letter? Sure!" and she did it. The letter states date the account was opened, deposits for past year, and current balance. I keep two accounts because one is mine/business and the other is just child support/alimony. The other bank (larger chain) was easier.

btw, I agree with you.. I don't think it'll be as hard as I fear, but do know that being fully prepared helps. He doesn't plan on taking tons and tons of relationship evidence so our documents won't be overwhelming.

Edited by Bridget ~ Steven
1/31/13 - 129F Sent
2/7/13 - NOA1
7/9/13 - NOA2 (5 months)
9/11/13 - Packet 3
9/19/13 - Forms sent in.
9/24/13 - Medical Done
11/22 - CEAC AP

I thought your tax return showed enough on Line 22 (Total Income). Sorry for misunderstanding.

I disagree that London has a preference for 125%. They have warned people they will need more to get through AOS but still approved. In the end, it comes down to that one officer's opinion at the interview.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Sarah! Now hopefully my gov't can resume functioning as normal so there are no hiccups at the embassy. I saw where others said there is a 6-8 week wait for a London interview. I hope it won't be longer than that! He plans to travel asap and we hope to be together for Christmas.

I got my interview date 2 and a half weeks after my actual medical. had my medical on september 11 and my interview is oct 16. so you never know you might get it sooner than you think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.