ilove-t

Approved! Yay! But confused with the next steps..

33 posts in this topic

I would recommend trying different computers. One guy just had issues with a work computer, but got thru on a home computer. Just a thought.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm using safari on an apple, also tried with my windows PC at work, also firefox...always got the same response. I just went ahead, filled out the form online, then when printing I just printed to a PDF file instead of the printer. Saved a e-copy, then I could print out as many from that file, and had a back up just in case. Think we still have to write in a few N/A's and nones in some fields afterwards.

Hi, thanks for that info. I am glad it worked for you :) I am not ready to fill it out yet (just getting ready).. I was afraid I will encounter some problems saving my responses online if I was receiving that error message. It looks like a browser compatibility issue. Thankfully, it loads without an error on IE.

Timeline

Hi, I am new here. My fiance and I had our NOA2 on September 17th (NOA1-July3). Still waiting for the NOA2 hard copy. I've been reading posts and websites about the next steps, but I am not sure if I fully understand them all.. My question is, what are the next steps after NOA2 hardcopy?

1) Case will be sent to NVC, then my fiance will receive a NVC letter? This is the letter with the MNL number? What else does he need to do after this?

-----Does he need to send this NVC letter to me?

-----Some people here said you can pay for and schedule your medical and interview using the MNL number only? Do I need the original copy of the NVC letter?

2) Is it best to wait for the instructions letter from the embassy before scheduling a medical?

-----Is this "instruction letter from embassy" what they refer to as "packet 3"? How long does this usually take?

-----In case it is possible for me to schedule a medical and interview with only the MNL number? What if the instruction letter takes longer to arrive than the scheduled interview? Does this ever happen?

3) Other than getting my passport, BC, NBI clearance, CENOMAR, fiance's ITR and etc.. and other important docs ready and waiting for the letter from the embassy.. Is there anything else I should be doing now? All that I need now is the medical and the interview and CFO right?

I hope my questions are not so confusing.. I'd really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance!

Hi T&V,I will start getting my BC Next week,I will not wait for my MNL#, after I am done getting my BC, CENOMAR and NBI and if I can attend on oct.24 for CFO in Manila , I will do it.. And then I will pay my visa app fee when I get back.. :) good luck to us girl :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, thanks for that info. I am glad it worked for you smile.png I am not ready to fill it out yet (just getting ready).. I was afraid I will encounter some problems saving my responses online if I was receiving that error message. It looks like a browser compatibility issue. Thankfully, it loads without an error on IE.

The DS-156 is the only form that you have to complete online as it creates a bar code once done before you can print it. Glad everything is working for you finally. :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
@Ron and Jen, I will start gathering all the things i need too, I already have prepared some like my BC correction which took about a month and stuff for the medical, cause I had a major-major (lol) surgery before. I am worried about the medical more than anything... Goodluck to us, Cheers! :)

@Hank, thank you so much. You are very helpful. :)

Timeline

@Ron and Jen, I will start gathering all the things i need too, I already have prepared some like my BC correction which took about a month and stuff for the medical, cause I had a major-major (lol) surgery before. I am worried about the medical more than anything... Goodluck to us, Cheers! :)

@Hank, thank you so much. You are very helpful. :)

Ohh really I hope you're okay now, I think they will ask us if we had a previous surgery so just tell the doc yes u had. My first choice was to attend CFO in Manila but now I changed my mind I will attend CFO in Cebu on October 24th Thursday. Kind of excited and nervous, My fiance just ordered my cenomar and birth certificate online. I will have to wait 4 to 9 working days for the delivery. Next week I will process my NBI. And also next week I will pay for my visa application fee..good luck to us :)

@Hank: I will pay my visa app fee which is $240 on tuesday next week, after 24 hours can I schedule my interview online for end of November without my MNL#? Or do I need to wait for my MNL# then go online and schedule, but I will pay the fee on Tuesday, that's for sure. Thank you

Edited by Ron and Jen

Timeline

Ohh really I hope you're okay now, I think they will ask us if we had a previous surgery so just tell the doc yes u had. My first choice was to attend CFO in Manila but now I changed my mind I will attend CFO in Cebu on October 24th Thursday. Kind of excited and nervous, My fiance just ordered my cenomar and birth certificate online. I will have to wait 4 to 9 working days for the delivery. Next week I will process my NBI. And also next week I will pay for my visa application fee..good luck to us smile.png

@Hank: I will pay my visa app fee which is $240 on tuesday next week, after 24 hours can I schedule my interview online for end of November without my MNL#? Or do I need to wait for my MNL# then go online and schedule, but I will pay the fee on Tuesday, that's for sure. Thank you

You will need your MNL # for scheduling the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Ok, so all I have to do for now is to pay the visa app fee and wait for my MNL# to set my interview... Or what's best? I will wait for my MNL# then pay for visa application fee and after 24 hrs set an appointment for interview?

Edited by Ron and Jen

November may not even be open yet. You might start checking every few days until you see the day(s) you want open up. (If that's possible now)

Timeline

Oh ok, so my plan is to wait for my MNL# then pay the visa fee and set an appointment for interview.. :) thanks for the reply davenroxy I appreciate it :)

Our approved petition hasn't been sent to NVC yet, no notification no nothing :( ..USCIS approved it 18th sept. I know it's too early but been seeing some that has been sent to NVC d day after they got approved ..oh we'll things aren't the same sometimes :(

Edited by Ron and Jen

Timeline

It looks like CSC takes longer for approved cases to be sent to NVC.... I received an updated that our case was sent to the "Department of State" for visa processing a day after our petition was approved.. Hopefully NVC will receive it soon and we'll get out case number. I hope yours get sent soon too.. Goodluck to us smile.png

Edited by T & V

Timeline

Oh ok, so my plan is to wait for my MNL# then pay the visa fee and set an appointment for interview.. smile.png thanks for the reply davenroxy I appreciate it smile.png

Our approved petition hasn't been sent to NVC yet, no notification no nothing sad.png ..USCIS approved it 18th sept. I know it's too early but been seeing some that has been sent to NVC d day after they got approved ..oh we'll things aren't the same sometimes sad.png

More than likely it will be October before you get your MNL # and by then November dates will be showing up on the calendar.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.