filipinawife

question about police clearance

6 posts in this topic

I worked overseas for two years..(2002-2004 ) but before i went home (philippines) i was able to file for police clearance and brought it with me home.

My question is: is the certificate acceptable( for the police clearance requirement included in the packet) or should i file for a new police clearance for the 2 years that ive been out of the country?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will need to get a newer one, they are only valid for 1 year. 2004 is too long ago.

See: http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm for how to get police certificates from other countries.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

thanks so much Yu and Dan

it might take longer if ill request my police clearance from the address mentioned by the site you had given me.

im thinking of asking my friend who is still working in that country to file police clearance for me...im not sure if that would be fine...

thanks for help

my other concern is about the police clearance i need to get here in the PI...in the sample packet it says a police clearance from the police authorities from the locality...

but then it was further explained in the site that you mentioned in your previous post..that they require an NBI clearance from a philippine born like me..

is NBI clearance enough? or should i still need to get a police clearance from our locality?

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NBI clearance is all that they want, police certificates from other countries.

4. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” NBI is located along Taft Avenue in Manila. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for a year from the date it is issued.

5. POLICE CERTIFICATES. A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years old. Information on how to secure police certificates from countries where these are available may be obtained by contacting U.S. Embassy Manila’s Immigrant Visa Branch, or an Embassy/Consulate of the country from which the Police certificate is required.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

NBI clearance is all that they want, police certificates from other countries.
4. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” NBI is located along Taft Avenue in Manila. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for a year from the date it is issued.

5. POLICE CERTIFICATES. A police certificate is required from a country in which the applicant lived for more than one year (six months if you are applying for a K visa) after turning 16 years old. Information on how to secure police certificates from countries where these are available may be obtained by contacting U.S. Embassy Manila’s Immigrant Visa Branch, or an Embassy/Consulate of the country from which the Police certificate is required.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

I wanted to ask you the same question basically.

We applied for and are going thru with the CR1 Visa. I thought that on the checklist of documents located on this site, that it had said that a valid police certificate was required for all cities lived in since the age of 16. I have never formally seen this , but if not the case, then this us good for us and we can file. My wife is about to go back in 2 days to get Polidce Certificates for all 3 cities lived in. I can tell her this is no longer necessary if you can tell her for sure that it is not. So all that is needed for a CR1 Visa is the NBI Clearance and nothing more. Can you or someone enlighten me that this is indeed the case. If so.... then I have learned something I always was told and believed to be otherwise. Can you let me know soon? Iindeed pray you are right, and will save me many hundreds of dollars and additional weeks waiting.

Thank You So Very Much.

Randy N Rose

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.