Cristy

US vs Canada

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Cristy and Mermaid....do you have your children's records from their previous schools? The school where they will attend will definately want to see their scores (i.e. any grades or testings they've done). From my experience, they will most likely look at that to determine where they'll be placed. If testing is needed they will most likely inform you right then, when you register them. Unless they are seriously behind academically, I doubt they will be placed below their current grade level. BUT, keep in mind, this is just MY opinion...the only experience I've had with kids being registered from a different country were the few that have come in to my school from Mexico and Guatemala...and they didnt speak English, so we had to place them as best we could.

Just make sure you have all their school records, birth cert, immunizations, and if you've had to get permission from your ex to bring them to the US, might ought to have that too. If I think of anything else, I'll post it. Hope this helps :)

Thanks! I will make sure I gather daughters report cards and other records together. I was taking a look at the state curriculum for her current grade. Not too different from what she is learning now when it comes to Language and Math.

Our timeline

Vermont Service Center

( Feb 16, 2005) I- 30 sent

( March 24, 2005 )130 approved

NVC

( April 22, 2005) Case # assigned

(May 2, 2005 ) 3032 and I-864 generated/ mailed

(May 9, 2005) received 3032

(May 11, 2005) mailed back 3032 to NVC

(May 16, 2005 ) 3032 at NVC

(May 16, 2005) I-864 fee sent to NVC

(May 23, 2005) IVF generated and mailed to beneficiary

(May 31, 2005) IVF received

(June 15, 2005) IVF sent back to NVC

( June 15, 2005) I-864 received by petitioner

( June 27, 2005)230 generated/mailed to me

( July 04, 2005) receive 230

( Dec 27, 2005) 230 sent back to NVC

( Jan, 03, 2006) NVC receives 230 part 1 and 2

( Feb, 08, 2006) I-864 sent back to NVC

( Feb, 15, 2006) NVC receives I-864

( Feb, 16, 2006) RFE sent to Petitioner regarding I-864

( Feb, 28, 2006) petioner receives RFE for I-864

( April 13, 2006) NVC mails out new I-864 checklist letter

(April19, 2006) Petitioner receives I-864 checklist letter

(April, 20, 2006) I-864 checklist sent back to NVC

(April, 24, 2006 NVC receives I-864 checklist

(April, 28, 2006) Case completed!

(July, 05, 2006) Medical exam

(July, 07, 2006) Case sent to Montreal

(July, 14, 2006) received interview letter

(Aug, 04, 2006) interview in Montreal- successful

(Aug, 09, 2006) received visa in mail!

(Jan, 12, 2007) I finally entered the USA! New Jersey here I am!

If you're moving to a larger city, you'll have options as to which school you want to send your children to, and that ought to give you some type of choice as to what grades they'll be in.

If you're moving to a small town (one school only) then you'll have to put them in whatever class they say. You can contact the school's guidance counselor or admissions department ahead of time to ascertain what is necessary before you leave and have the school your children are currently in contact the new one. That may help.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"