I AM NOT THAT GUY

Despite pressure, ban on gay blood donors endures

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please do not inject facts into the debate. It confuses them.

Thank you for your cooperation.

There is no debate. That's the confusion. But Let us know when you use some facts. Instead of dreams and lies. Then you get cooperation. Until then . Unacceptable. Or No.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

There is no debate. That's the confusion. But Let us know when you use some facts. Instead of dreams and lies. Then you get cooperation. Until then . Unacceptable. Or No.

We are led to believe all these medical experts are crippled by "**-phobia"

and would rather see a blood supply shortage than take any of their nasty blood.

I doubt any of us are "experts" in the field, whatever the experts decide is fine with me.

The problem with these subjects is the crying voice gets their position out there and we never hear the other side.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You can catch the ghey, dontcha know!

(This is what hate looks like.)

You are actually quoting my pretend doctors... on why they would not want the blood to be dontated.

If they don't want gay-blood due to fear of homosexuals.... speculate why so many experts have reservations?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

Donor Eligibility: Persons who have had sexual contact with persons with clinical or laboratory

evidence of HIV infection are deferred for 12 months from the date of last contact. HIV may be

transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person.

Donor Eligibility: Persons who have given money or drugs in exchange for sex (sexual

contact) are deferred for 12 months from the date of the last sexual contact. HIV and other

diseases may be transmitted through sexual contact.

Donor Eligibility: Persons who have had sexual contact with persons who, in the past or

present, have used needles to take drugs, steroids, or anything not prescribed by their doctor are

deferred for 12 months from the date of the last sexual contact. HIV and other diseases may be

transmitted through sexual contact.

Donor Eligibility: Persons who have had sexual contact with any person who has received

clotting factor concentrates is deferred for 12 months. HIV and other diseases may be transmitted

through sexual contact. Sexual contact with a person who has received clotting factor

concentrates as a one time medical use is not deferred.

Donor Eligibility: Women who have had sexual contact with men who have had sexual contact

with another man even one time since 1977 are deferred for 12 months from the date of last

sexual contact. HIV and other diseases may be transmitted through sexual contact.

Donor Eligibility: Male donors who have had sexual contact with another male, even once,

since 1977 are indefinitely deferred. Males who have had sex, even once, with males may be at

risk of transmitting infectious diseases. HIV and other diseases may be transmitted through

sexual contact.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/QuestionsaboutBlood/UCM273083.pdf

Doesn't make much sense.

Timeline

We are led to believe all these medical experts are crippled by "**-phobia"

and would rather see a blood supply shortage than take any of their nasty blood.

I doubt any of us are "experts" in the field, whatever the experts decide is fine with me.

The problem with these subjects is the crying voice gets their position out there and we never hear the other side.

The governments job is to create shortages. And create phobias . And ban experts . I still don't see a problem with banning contaminated blood . We aren't susposed to hear the other side. The majority rules. per the Constitution.

Edited by Dieseltu

In 2006, AABB, ARC and America’s Blood Centers presented a joint position to the Food and

Drug Administration’s (FDA) Blood Products Advisory Committee (BPAC) stating our belief

“that the current lifetime deferral for men who have had sex with other men is medically and

scientifically unwarranted” and recommending that the deferral criteria “be modified and made

comparable with criteria for other groups at increased risk for sexual transmission of transfusiontransmitted infections.”

After reviewing the data and publications available since the above mentioned 2006 BPAC

meeting, our organizations, which represent the blood banking and transfusion medicine

community, maintain our recommendation that FDA amend the indefinite deferral currently in

place for a male who has had sex with another male since 1977 to a 12-month deferral. This

change in policy would conform the deferral period for MSM with the deferrals for other similar

high-risk sexual behavior.

http://www.americasblood.org/media/27991/msm_deferral_joint_statement_6-10.pdf

Timeline

I see. You have polling data from recognized polling firms to support your position, I assume.

You assume wrong. The Constitution is the position of the people for the people. And the ultimate final law of the land. It recognizes nobody. Read it if you can comprehend it. Without popping a gasket.

You assume wrong. The Constitution is the position of the people for the people. And the ultimate final law of the land. It recognizes nobody. Read it if you can comprehend it. Without popping a gasket.

Great. All this forum needs is another loon speaking gibberish.

When will people learn that self preservation against known proven risk. And unproven risk to boot. Is a choice. A free choice. A personal right .A Constitutional right. And is not hate.

I'm sorry, where in the constitution does it talk about donating blood and gay people?

I wonder what would happen if Danno got a blood transfusion from a gay black man? Would he melt like the Wicked Witch of the West?

Make it gay, black, and muslim. Go trifecta!dancin5hr.gif

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg