ajames79

I have an opinion only question!?

33 posts in this topic

Aww thanks munchkins! :blush: I think we're both kind of in 'pinch me' mode - but in a good way.

I know I'm going to be a ball of tears when I finally do try on THE dress... :)

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*grin* well make sure you tell us when you find it!! I will be excited for you!

Munchkins...I agree as well!

AND I did it. June 23rd (with out any further upsets) Is when I will become Mrs. Shaw.

I have a meeting with the venue next Wednesday. AND no deposits. Creditcard will hold the house! Minister is fine with that day! Whoooho. I feel good.

Honestly it was all of you guys that helped me bite the bullet. *blush* really! I am just so thankful for your oppinions!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I know I am the only one who can answer this question, but I just need some gut feeling answers from you guys. Please be kind as this is the only thing that seems to make me up tight at the moment! :) Ohh and thanks in advance.

Packet three is sent in...Medical is next week...we expect packet 4 with-in 3-6 weeks time (providing a little extra time because of holidays)

So that guestimates in my mind a visa by the end of Jan or Feb. there abouts.

Do you all think it would be okay to go ahead and set a June wedding up? The third weekend. That is several months away. But the problem I am coming too is the booking of our venue and the rooms. Neither of which require a deposit..or a huge deposit. But they are filling up fast.

Both places are in high demand and they can't wait for me. I am from a very small time and venues are VERY limited. We would hold out on tickets for his family..just to be sure. We wouldn't order invites or anything personalized!

So what do you think? Is it a bad risk...or is it a calculated risk?

Thought I'd post a question to all the Uk'ers rather then the off topic.

Please give me your gut feelings!! :whistle: I am really overly insane on this topic!

Looking at you timeline i would say yu already have an interview date at the embassy. i don't know if UK embassy posts them on their webite but many do according to the numberyou recieved from NVC. I would say a JUne wedding is very realistic but remember you have to be married within the 90 days.

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

I know I am the only one who can answer this question, but I just need some gut feeling answers from you guys. Please be kind as this is the only thing that seems to make me up tight at the moment! :) Ohh and thanks in advance.

Packet three is sent in...Medical is next week...we expect packet 4 with-in 3-6 weeks time (providing a little extra time because of holidays)

So that guestimates in my mind a visa by the end of Jan or Feb. there abouts.

Do you all think it would be okay to go ahead and set a June wedding up? The third weekend. That is several months away. But the problem I am coming too is the booking of our venue and the rooms. Neither of which require a deposit..or a huge deposit. But they are filling up fast.

Both places are in high demand and they can't wait for me. I am from a very small time and venues are VERY limited. We would hold out on tickets for his family..just to be sure. We wouldn't order invites or anything personalized!

So what do you think? Is it a bad risk...or is it a calculated risk?

Thought I'd post a question to all the Uk'ers rather then the off topic.

Please give me your gut feelings!! :whistle: I am really overly insane on this topic!

Looking at you timeline i would say yu already have an interview date at the embassy. i don't know if UK embassy posts them on their webite but many do according to the numberyou recieved from NVC. I would say a JUne wedding is very realistic but remember you have to be married within the 90 days.

:) Thank you! I remember. Believe me I wake up in the middle of the night thinking "6 months to enter into the country....90 days to get married..repeat repeat repeat!" *grin*

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Well I for one was told I was crazy as he11 by everyone on VJ last year when I pre-booked and done my wedding invitations etc etc way b4 we even got our NOA2! But I done my research on timeline after timeline and accounted for any hang ups along the way and our wedding turned our beatiful and I wouldn't have done it any other way! I mean you have 9 months to play with after ya get the visa (6 to leave the country and 3 after ya enter the states)!! Paul got his K-1 Visa December 6, 2005 and he moved Feb 10, 2006 and we got married March 18th! :) Everything turned out perfectly!

Good luck girlie!

Stacy

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Filed: Other Timeline
so your advice is to not write a wedding date on the forms when you send them in.

Good advice, if I am reading it correctly!

The only place to list the dates are on the checklist.

Fib. Tell them he wants to travel soon. Put 'not known' for the wedding date.

so your advice is to not write a wedding date on the forms when you send them in.

very good. That is what I assumed.

Told Chris the same thing! Thanks once again!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Tee hee! Isn't all this wedding stuff FUN?

I can't believe I'm going to start dress shopping in the next month or two...! :D(L) (L)

Ooooooo.....can I help!?

Sure - come on down!! :D I can always use an honest, friendly opinion!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I put ASAP on the wedding date. I seem to have got my interview app before people who sent there forms back at the same time. Lol.. Go for it and best of luck

I put ASAP on the wedding date. I seem to have got my interview app before people who sent there forms back at the same time. Lol.. Go for it and best of luck

Very good! Thanks for the info, passing that along right now! :yes:

Tracy: are you in Nashville or just close to it? Actually doesn't make a bit of difference. I just go to Nashville often. Just sent a batch of homemade cookies there right now! I am in Western NC...we got the same blast of cold weather yesterday according to the weather channel!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Tracy: are you in Nashville or just close to it? Actually doesn't make a bit of difference. I just go to Nashville often. Just sent a batch of homemade cookies there right now! I am in Western NC...we got the same blast of cold weather yesterday according to the weather channel!

Yep - I live in a suburb just east of Nashville, and also work on this side of town too. I'm not enjoying this cold blast too much! I had someone this morning say that she finds it 'refreshing'. Refreshing my #######! :lol:

You can send me a batch of homemade cookies anytime you want - I won't stop you! :D:lol:;)

SA4userbar.jpg

Yep - I live in a suburb just east of Nashville, and also work on this side of town too. I'm not enjoying this cold blast too much! I had someone this morning say that she finds it 'refreshing'. Refreshing my #######! :lol:

You can send me a batch of homemade cookies anytime you want - I won't stop you! :D:lol:;)

Well I must brag a bit. The cookies are really really good! :)

Well perhaps once everyone is here and settled we can do a meet up of some of us Ameri/Brits.

Find a pub in Ole' Nashvegas...find some fish n chips...However I do make a good batch of fish every once in a while!

Little taste of home for the boys!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Absolutely! We also will probably go to Gatlinburg every now and then - maybe even a meet up there sometime?

Yah that sounds great! Not a far drive for us in Western NC.

We are hikers too and there are all sorts of hikes (and shopping) do do in the area!

So where is your fiance from in the UK? South Yorkshire for moi!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.