Donna&Noelia

Medical exam, vaccines.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I know it says clearly to not get ANY vaccines before the medical exam, and I am sure this is because some vaccines you have to wait atleast 4-8 weeks in between.

However my fiance didn't have any of her records, so she did go to the hospital today to start 2 of the vaccines ( She needs 3 doses to complete)

They told her to come back in 2 months for the 2nd doses.

Will it be a problem if she has had only 1, or 2 doses && not the full 3 doses required for the medical exam?

Our main concern is failing the medical because she might not have all the vaccines required, and we decided to ensure we have at least a 30 day gap from the most recent vaccine she will get to the medical exam date to avoid them denying to offer her any vaccines.

Anyone please share their medical experience.

AOS

April 18th 2014 - I-485 in acceptance.

June 26th 2014 - EAD/AP approved.

July 2nd 2014 - EAD/AP card arrived in the mail.

August 2nd 2014 - Potential Interview Waiver letter.

Jan 22nd 2015 - Submitted service request to USCIS on delay.

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

Feb 26th 2015 - Jan 26th 2015- Sent in EAD to be renewed.

March 4th 2015- Renewal of EAD received by USCIS.

April 8th 2015 - I-485 Approved / Welcome letter sent.

April 13th 2015 - Welcome letter recieved.

April 15th 2015 - Card mailed.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I just know that my husband was told for his medical Not to get any vacc..the med board will give them to you for whatever is needed. she cant find her records anywhere?..like the place where she has gotten them?

Timeline

No apparently she can't , and they do not have any of her records.

So she has at least started to get some of the vaccines now... so that she has some sort of proof... I feel like their main concern is for any present diseases but she is 100 percent healthy. She doesn't yet have a medical scheduled, we are still awaiting our NOA2. We are just getting well prepared in advance so that it will not be quite as stressing. I know that once in the USA she can get more vaccines before her AOS, but again I just want to cover our butts as much as possible, so to speak! lol

AOS

Jan 28th 2015 - Answer to service request that it's still being processed, and apologized for the delay.

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Timeline

Anyone?

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

you probably should wait until your medical check. I didn't bring any records too, and I only got 2 shots at the clinic even tho there's a long list on the vaccination form. the doctor will assess what vaccinations you need. I got everything done in the same day, I doubt they would make her wait for 2 months for the vaccine shots.

Timeline

You should have waited. The doctor in Lima will assess and apply the needed vaccinations. My fiancee had no vaccination records, and this is what was done.

Edited by pachacuti

Timeline

You should have waited. The doctor in Lima will assess and apply the needed vaccinations. My fiancee had no vaccination records, and this is what was done.

Thanks everyone for the responses, and also specifically we won't get anymore done. I know there is a timeframe inbetween doses, and they asked her to come back oct 31st to get her 2nd doses... we just will not get the 2nd doses done that way the doctor in lima can perform them. :)

So we already know we will be safe after oct 31st for anymore vaccines, and we havent yet got our NOA2.

I am glad she got them though, very surprised she hadn't had them.

I guess it is quite common in SA to not have vaccines.

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello All,

I am a little confused as to where to post this... sorry!!! My novio and I have our interview in Lima on October 9th. We are both very, very nervous! Does anyone have any pointers for us?? What kind of questions will they ask? ALSO! Can anyone please tell me how long the interview lasts?

Our interview is scheduled for 8:45 in the morning, but we have booked a flight for 3:30 in the afternoon to return to Tacna... is this ok?? Will we have enough time?!?!?

Please reply!!! GRACIAS!!!!

Timeline

Hello All,

I am a little confused as to where to post this... sorry!!! My novio and I have our interview in Lima on October 9th. We are both very, very nervous! Does anyone have any pointers for us?? What kind of questions will they ask? ALSO! Can anyone please tell me how long the interview lasts?

Our interview is scheduled for 8:45 in the morning, but we have booked a flight for 3:30 in the afternoon to return to Tacna... is this ok?? Will we have enough time?!?!?

Please reply!!! GRACIAS!!!!

3:30 might be pushing it. The embassy is in the middle of nowhere and it will take you forever to get from there to Callao for your flight.

The problem is that you will sit around and wait a potentially loooooong time. So, if you are unlucky and don't get out of there until, say, 1 PM. Now you have 2 and half hours to get from the embassy to the airport, check in, clear security and make your flight. Good luck, but I would schedule a later flight (remember you are going to be exhausted and hungry when you get out of there, so I suggest lunch and a round of pisco sours and you will want a little leisure time to enjoy that).

The questions they ask will depend on the information you presented. First, they will call you up and you will give them the application form and then be told to pay the visa fee. Go to the window to pay the fee and if no one is there, press the green button. You can pay in dollars, soles or credit card (visa and mc I think). After that, they will call your fiance over and he will give them the forms they ask for (judicial certificates, I-134). She will also ask a few questions about how you met, etc.

Then you will get to wait. After a waiting period you will either be called to a window or a little room. You can go with him at this point. I let my fiancee answer all the questions, except for a couple that were directed at me.

Think about any red flags in your situation (age differences, few visits, short relationship, etc) as those may be asked.

I think Lima is a pretty easy embassy from what I have read here and the experience we had. You will probably be okay.

Where in WA are you guys going to be? We are down in Olympia.

Mark

Timeline

3:30 might be pushing it. The embassy is in the middle of nowhere and it will take you forever to get from there to Callao for your flight.

The problem is that you will sit around and wait a potentially loooooong time. So, if you are unlucky and don't get out of there until, say, 1 PM. Now you have 2 and half hours to get from the embassy to the airport, check in, clear security and make your flight. Good luck, but I would schedule a later flight (remember you are going to be exhausted and hungry when you get out of there, so I suggest lunch and a round of pisco sours and you will want a little leisure time to enjoy that).

The questions they ask will depend on the information you presented. First, they will call you up and you will give them the application form and then be told to pay the visa fee. Go to the window to pay the fee and if no one is there, press the green button. You can pay in dollars, soles or credit card (visa and mc I think). After that, they will call your fiance over and he will give them the forms they ask for (judicial certificates, I-134). She will also ask a few questions about how you met, etc.

Then you will get to wait. After a waiting period you will either be called to a window or a little room. You can go with him at this point. I let my fiancee answer all the questions, except for a couple that were directed at me.

Think about any red flags in your situation (age differences, few visits, short relationship, etc) as those may be asked.

I think Lima is a pretty easy embassy from what I have read here and the experience we had. You will probably be okay.

Where in WA are you guys going to be? We are down in Olympia.

Mark

Yikes!! I hope it doesn´t take that long; we already booked our flight back to Tacna!!!! :(

Do you know how often they turn people down? I am worried that because I quit my job to move back to Peru a couple months ago, and I have to use a financial sponsor they will tell us no, even though I have a job lined up back in the States... We are both so nervous; I hope they are nice!

We will be living in Tacoma; although I do love the Olympia area!!!

--Rose

Timeline

Yikes!! I hope it doesn´t take that long; we already booked our flight back to Tacna!!!! sad.png

Do you know how often they turn people down? I am worried that because I quit my job to move back to Peru a couple months ago, and I have to use a financial sponsor they will tell us no, even though I have a job lined up back in the States... We are both so nervous; I hope they are nice!

--Rose

They seemed nice enough.

I will let others who went to Lima and used a co-sponsor, answer on that aspect of your case.

Best of luck again.

Timeline

Yikes!! I hope it doesn´t take that long; we already booked our flight back to Tacna!!!! sad.png

--Rose

I have not yet had an interview as I am still in NOA1 process, but I have spoke to a few people who used co sponsors.

They passed they interview with a co sponsor.

You should be fine as long as your co sponsor provides a letter from their employer, tax transcripts for the last 3 years, and pay stubs for the last few weeks to be safe. I would even recommend bringing the co sponsors birth certificate, but I do not think it is required. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

AOS

***Te Amo MuCho BeBe***

Timeline

I have not yet had an interview as I am still in NOA1 process, but I have spoke to a few people who used co sponsors.

They passed they interview with a co sponsor.

You should be fine as long as your co sponsor provides a letter from their employer, tax transcripts for the last 3 years, and pay stubs for the last few weeks to be safe. I would even recommend bringing the co sponsors birth certificate, but I do not think it is required. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

THANKS!!!! Fingers croseed!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.