RosaMystica7

France/America couples

2,690 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Cécy: the lady took all my information and she said they had it in the system blablabla, and I think she was the manager.. and I go to DMV with my bike, so going to the next closest one (milllles away) wouldn't be an option :( hopefully I'll have this sorted out by the end of this week.

C&D: Kai was in the military too (we meet when he was deployed in Irak, He visited Europe for his holidays). Well when we filled he had just left but I read a few stuff about K1 and military back then. I guess it's about the same for K3. I understood you can expedite if he is deployed, not if he is at home. isn't it weird? I mean if he is deployed you won't be able to see each other anyways ... but I guess it's because they don't want someone who is deployed to have to think and deal with all the paperwork. and that make sense too. anyways the army is used to deal with this. In what unit is he? Kai was in the 82nd Airborn, based in Fort Bragg, NC.

Regarding mooving Lucie had found a company that seemed reliable and cheap. I can't remember what the name was! Me I choose the annoying way. I'm taking 2 huge suitcases everytime I travel, and anyone who come to visit me is required to make a stop at my mum's to load some of my stuff in their bags.. not the best way but we are broke!!

Lili&kai :star:

Edited by lili&kai

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everybody! I just came back from a trip to New Orleans, it was really nice :) It's hard to come back to St. Louis, it's called here compared to Lousiana (30F in St Louis, 65-70F in New Orleans)

Anyway, still nothing new about jobs, I had several interviews with recruiting companies (kind of like the SSII in France apparently) but most of the contracts they have, they need people with more experience than me. I've only worked a year and a half since I got my degree.

I don't know anything about expediting your case C&D. And about moving, I did like Lili&kai, I put all I could in two suitcases and a carry-on luggage and it worked out ok. My parents sent me the few books I left at home a month or two later. I didn't have much to bring anyway since I had known for 2 or 3 years that I would have to move eventually and before that I was a student. So no furniture, and I tried not to buy too many books and stuff like that either. I gave away all the things I didn't want to bring (plates, utensils, etc) and the rest I gave it back to my parents.

MissYoko used a moving company, I remember she said they had good prices, maybe you can try to contact her.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

When I came, I didn't know I was going to stay. I was planning to stay up to 6 months so I had both winter and summer clothing in two very full suitcases (and I had to leave things home because of the restrictions following the London almost attacks).

Since then... well I've boughts things here. I left all my things at my mom's house. I guess she got a free TV ;)

My family brought me a few things when they came over, but after over two years here I realize that there is a lot of things I can live without. So no shipping company for me. Although I'm sure I'll bring some things from our trip to France.

As far as the cat, I would ask in a more general forum and contact your airline company about the conditions your cat will travel in and what they recommend, as well as your vet.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hello all!

Jeremy and I are doing well. He got his visa earlier this month, turned in his notice to his job and is preparing to move. He's moving to the US on May 14th. I've started planning for our civil ceremony (ceremony, license, dress, lunch, flowers etc). I do not like it. The K1 process was less stressful for me. A little bit at a time, I guess.

Congratulation for the interview Koakland! You ll be together very soon now! :)

And good luck with all the wedding preparation! I know that is very complicated to organize especially in such a short time!

Timeline
Hello everybody! I just came back from a trip to New Orleans, it was really nice :) It's hard to come back to St. Louis, it's called here compared to Lousiana (30F in St Louis, 65-70F in New Orleans)

Anyway, still nothing new about jobs, I had several interviews with recruiting companies (kind of like the SSII in France apparently) but most of the contracts they have, they need people with more experience than me. I've only worked a year and a half since I got my degree.

Woaw! that s great! everybody keeps telling me New Orleans is great! I hope I ll visit it someday!

You missed Mardi gras though! :P

Did you guys did anything ?

Too bad for the interviews I hope you ll find a job soon!

One year and half sounds like good experience to me! I would hire you!lol

Good Luck!

Timeline

Woaw! that s great! everybody keeps telling me New Orleans is great! I hope I ll visit it someday!

Good Luck!

They start celebrating Mardi Gras a month before the real Mardi Gras day, so we saw a few parades, got lots of beads. We left just before it got TOO crazy... we already had enough of all the yelling in the streets and drunk people and strippers everywhere :P

Other than that we walked a lot, in the city and around, went to a nearby beach, went in the swamps, lots of nice things. And we ate a lot of seafood :D

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Good Luck!

They start celebrating Mardi Gras a month before the real Mardi Gras day, so we saw a few parades, got lots of beads. We left just before it got TOO crazy... we already had enough of all the yelling in the streets and drunk people and strippers everywhere :P

Other than that we walked a lot, in the city and around, went to a nearby beach, went in the swamps, lots of nice things. And we ate a lot of seafood :D

I didn't know it starts so early in the month! that s great! it sounds like you went at the right time there!

and I m so jealous you got to eat seafood! I loooove seafood, but in Colorado it s hard to find fresh stuffs... :(

Timeline

It's the same here in St. Louis, it's hard to find good seafood. We did found a store that sold fresh seafood but they didn't have a lot of choice. And it wasn't like the ones in France. The oysters were at least twice the size of the ones in France, same for the mussels, and they didn't have the same taste. I think they were less salty. It was still good to have some, but definitely not as good as in France.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
It's the same here in St. Louis, it's hard to find good seafood. We did found a store that sold fresh seafood but they didn't have a lot of choice. And it wasn't like the ones in France. The oysters were at least twice the size of the ones in France, same for the mussels, and they didn't have the same taste. I think they were less salty. It was still good to have some, but definitely not as good as in France.

Come to California! :) We have great seafood here. I did have some great seafood in La Baule (last year) and Deauville (the year before that).

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm gonna live in Wyoming, and it's pretty much as difficult as in Colorado to find fresh seafood.. mmh mussels!

A last trip to Arcachon for me before i go to the US (i live in Bordeaux)!!

Oh and We got APPROVED today :dance: !!

NVC brace yourself here i come!!

2007-09-17 --> Met in France

2007-10-11 --> <3

2008-09-10 --> Got married!

USCIS Journey

2009-01-31 --> I-130 application sent via fedex to Chicago lockbox

2009-02-02 --> I-130 received by USCIS

2009-02-05 --> Notice of Action (NOA1)

2009-02-07 --> Notice of Action (NOA1) hardcopy received in the mail

2009-02-09 --> Request for Expedite

2009-02-09/10/16/18/20 --> Touched

2009-02-26 --> Phone call from WY congresswoman's office: I-130 petition approved (NOA2)!!

2009-02-27 --> Touched (case mailed to NVC?)

2009-03-02 --> NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-13 --> Case # assigned

2009-03-15 --> Request for expedite

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 generated

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 sent (e-mail)

2009-03-19 --> AOS and IV fees PAID (money order) (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-03-20 --> AOS package and DS-230 sent to NVC (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-04-13 --> Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-04-14 --> Forward the case to Embassy in Paris, France

2009-04-30 --> Medical (PASSED!)

2009-04-30 --> Visa Interview - APPROVED!!

2009-05-04 --> Visa in Hand

2009-05-12 --> POE (Chicago)

2009-06-26 --> Green Card arrived in the mail!!

ROC

2011-03-16 --> ROC packet sent

2011-04-14 --> Biometrics appointment in Denver, CO

2011-05-27 --> Notification of approval in the mail (actual decision on the 24th)

2011-05-31 --> 10 year green card in the mail! (sent on the 25th)

**Done with USCIS till 2021**

Timeline

Congratulations C&D! :dance:

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Congrats on the approval!! :) When are you moving?

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline
I'm gonna live in Wyoming, and it's pretty much as difficult as in Colorado to find fresh seafood.. mmh mussels!

A last trip to Arcachon for me before i go to the US (i live in Bordeaux)!!

Oh and We got APPROVED today :dance: !!

NVC brace yourself here i come!!

Waouw! Congratulation! I m so happy for you!

Now go get all the mussels, oysters, fresh fish etc. you can find! ;)

Timeline

Come to California! :) We have great seafood here. I did have some great seafood in La Baule (last year) and Deauville (the year before that).

hey! La Baule and Trouville-deauville are the 2 places I go for holidays since I m born! I love it there and there s definitly good and fresh seafood ! :thumbs:

Timeline

My family lives 15 minutes from the ocean in Vendee, I grew up with seafood on the table almost every week...

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.