RosaMystica7

France/America couples

2,690 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Bienvenue Moonskin! :)

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Timeline

Bienvenue !

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Bonjour tout le monde!

Depuis un moment je cree des topics car je suis desesperee et je n'ai pas vu celui-ci!!

Peut etre que vous pourrez m'aider...

Est-ce que quelqu'un a eu a faire des traductions d'une langue etrangere a une autre langue etrange pour presenter a l'ambassade lors de l'entretien? est-ce qu'on peut presenter des traductions d'un document en arabe par exemple en francais? (parcequ'on me dit que je dois faire une traduction assermentee en francais puis en anglais et les faire apostiller mais je n'arrive pas a avoir l'avis de l'ambassade la dessus)

j'ai (ou ai eu) d'autres nationalités que la francaise et sur le packet 3 ils demandent de fournir des extraits de casiers judiciaire des pays de nationalité, mais je n'y ai jamais habite et ce n'est pas evident de les obtenir... est-ce que vous sauriez me dire si les casiers judiciaires des endroits ou j'ai vecu apres me 16 ans sont suffisants?

Ils ne demandent pas de "proof of ongoing relationship"?

aille aille... je sens que je vais arriver a l'entretien et que rien ne va etre bon :( désoléee de vous embeter...

Timeline
Bonjour tout le monde!

Depuis un moment je cree des topics car je suis desesperee et je n'ai pas vu celui-ci!!

Peut etre que vous pourrez m'aider...

Est-ce que quelqu'un a eu a faire des traductions d'une langue etrangere a une autre langue etrange pour presenter a l'ambassade lors de l'entretien? est-ce qu'on peut presenter des traductions d'un document en arabe par exemple en francais? (parcequ'on me dit que je dois faire une traduction assermentee en francais puis en anglais et les faire apostiller mais je n'arrive pas a avoir l'avis de l'ambassade la dessus)

j'ai (ou ai eu) d'autres nationalités que la francaise et sur le packet 3 ils demandent de fournir des extraits de casiers judiciaire des pays de nationalité, mais je n'y ai jamais habite et ce n'est pas evident de les obtenir... est-ce que vous sauriez me dire si les casiers judiciaires des endroits ou j'ai vecu apres me 16 ans sont suffisants?

Ils ne demandent pas de "proof of ongoing relationship"?

aille aille... je sens que je vais arriver a l'entretien et que rien ne va etre bon :( désoléee de vous embeter...

Bienvenue !

La seule partie pour laquelle je peux t'aider est pour les "proof of ongoing relationship". Ils ne m'ont rien demandé du tout. Je te conseillerais quand même d'emmener quelques trucs, des copies de lettres ou email, juste au cas où, mais a priori tu n'en auras pas besoin.

En ce qui concerne la traduction, ça m'étonnerait qu'il te faille une apostille (étant donné que pour USCIS j'avais traduit mon acte de naissance français vers l'anglais moi-même, et juste signé une phrase disant que j'étais compétente dans les deux langages). Mais je n'avais pas de papiers étrangers à traduire comme toi, donc j'espère que quelqu'un dans le même cas pourra te répondre rapidement.

Et pour les extraits de casiers judiciaires, à mon avis il te les faut tous. A confirmer bien sûr.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

hi

we received our noa 2, and im trying to get in touch with someone in the paris ambassade to see if they receive our files and iv tried so many numbers and i m going crazy, can anyone tell me who im supose to call and what the number is ?

thanks

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Timeline

hi minimule,

I replied to you in the other topic already to tell u that it is impossible to call the embassy and get infos from them by phone. You have to show up there from 9 to 10 am on Fridays. From the moment we got the noa2 ( mid march) it took 3 weeks to get the packet 3 on the mail. The call center (15 euros per call) is useless. I see u just got the noa2 on 06/06... Wait and see if u get pack 3 in the next 2 to 3 weeks... Then u can worry... You can send an e-mail to the immigrant visa section but i don't think they will answer your question :S i'm struggling to get infos from the embassy too...Otherwise the only suggestion I can give you is to go to the embassy on Friday morning but I don't even know if it will worth it

Timeline
hi minimule,

I replied to you in the other topic already to tell u that it is impossible to call the embassy and get infos from them by phone. You have to show up there from 9 to 10 am on Fridays. From the moment we got the noa2 ( mid march) it took 3 weeks to get the packet 3 on the mail. The call center (15 euros per call) is useless. I see u just got the noa2 on 06/06... Wait and see if u get pack 3 in the next 2 to 3 weeks... Then u can worry... You can send an e-mail to the immigrant visa section but i don't think they will answer your question :S i'm struggling to get infos from the embassy too...Otherwise the only suggestion I can give you is to go to the embassy on Friday morning but I don't even know if it will worth it

thanks, i didn t realize i asked that question twice...but thanks anyway

ill just wait

Timeline

Merci cecile pour ta Reponse!

Je voulais aussi presenter tous les casiers pour être sure de bien faire Mais je n'arrive pas a les obtenir:( ça fait déjà 2 mois que j'ai reçu le packet 3, bientôt le noa2 va expirer et j'ai toujours pas les casiers... L'un d'entre eux va prendre encore 50 jours a etre emis. Donc je me demandais si je pouvais tenter le coup avec ce que j'ai déjà... Si j'ai pas tous les docs a l'entretien ils me font revenir ou il faut tout recommencer depuis le début?

Enfin... En tout cas merci bcp! (j'ai déjà une question en moins ;)) si quelqu'un peut m'aider pour les traductions... Car le nvc m'a répondu que chaque ambassade avait ses propres règles qui n'étaient pas les mêmes que le uscis...:(

Timeline

You are welcome minimule!

And i've been posting my questions 100 of times too in the hope someone would answer me:( I hope they don't consider that I'm flooding;)

Best of luck for u and if you have any question that u think I can help with don't hesitate to ask me...

Hello everybody,

I am new on VJ - I've been registered for like 2 years but this is my first post!

I am the Frenchie, and I already got married to my American, in France, in Oct. 2007. And trust me, marriage is not the end of the problems, or at least it wasn't for us :no:

We've already been through the whole distance thing, and all the hassle about both trying to be together working in the same country, we even tried to go to Canada in hope that it will work for us! So we decided to get married, and to avoid another separation to do it in France where it's a bit easier. I was also lucky that he spoke a little French and liked France enough to try to live there for a while. So he got his papers here in France (carte de séjour), found a job a little after that, in a different city than me, but at least we didn't have to cross an ocean to see each other! then his mother got cancer, he had to come back to the US, and after a few months when he finally came back to France he had obviously lost his job. Then the economic crisis came along, and now he has been unemployed for more than 6 months. On top of that he's starting to miss his family and friends a lot, and he's really wearing out, even starting to really hate France :(

So we're considering doing the DCF since we meet all the requirements.

Sorry for the long story! my question is, I've seen that, on this particular forum at least, not that many people have been through the DCF, but does anybody know how long does the whole process take through the Paris embassy?

I've read that after 2 years of marriage I can get the definitive green card right away and not the "conditional" one. And we're going to celebrate our 2-year anniversary at the beginning of October, so at this point it would be stupid not to wait, so I'm wondering, when should I approximatively start the process?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Camille

04-23-2010 : I-130 petition at the French embassy

05-21-2010: I-130 approved and Packet 3 received

06-07-2010: DS-230 Part I sent

06-23-2010: Packet 4 and interview notice received

08-10-2010: Interview => Visa denied because problem with affidavit of support - need for a new sponsor.

09-23-2010: New affidavit of support sent by mail to the embassy

10-6-2010: Visa approved

11-6-2010: POE in Charlotte

12-13-2010: Green Card received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
hi minimule,

It is possible!! Here's the number, usually you have to leave a voicemail (be concise), in english or in french, with your name and NVC case number, and of course your phone number. And they will call you back: 01 43 12 27 87 and i also used 01 43 12 21 79.

Good luck!!

2007-09-17 --> Met in France

2007-10-11 --> <3

2008-09-10 --> Got married!

USCIS Journey

2009-01-31 --> I-130 application sent via fedex to Chicago lockbox

2009-02-02 --> I-130 received by USCIS

2009-02-05 --> Notice of Action (NOA1)

2009-02-07 --> Notice of Action (NOA1) hardcopy received in the mail

2009-02-09 --> Request for Expedite

2009-02-09/10/16/18/20 --> Touched

2009-02-26 --> Phone call from WY congresswoman's office: I-130 petition approved (NOA2)!!

2009-02-27 --> Touched (case mailed to NVC?)

2009-03-02 --> NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-13 --> Case # assigned

2009-03-15 --> Request for expedite

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 generated

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 sent (e-mail)

2009-03-19 --> AOS and IV fees PAID (money order) (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-03-20 --> AOS package and DS-230 sent to NVC (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-04-13 --> Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-04-14 --> Forward the case to Embassy in Paris, France

2009-04-30 --> Medical (PASSED!)

2009-04-30 --> Visa Interview - APPROVED!!

2009-05-04 --> Visa in Hand

2009-05-12 --> POE (Chicago)

2009-06-26 --> Green Card arrived in the mail!!

ROC

2011-03-16 --> ROC packet sent

2011-04-14 --> Biometrics appointment in Denver, CO

2011-05-27 --> Notification of approval in the mail (actual decision on the 24th)

2011-05-31 --> 10 year green card in the mail! (sent on the 25th)

**Done with USCIS till 2021**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
hi minimule,

Or an email at parisconiv@state.gov -> They answered me (almost) everytime.

2007-09-17 --> Met in France

2007-10-11 --> <3

2008-09-10 --> Got married!

USCIS Journey

2009-01-31 --> I-130 application sent via fedex to Chicago lockbox

2009-02-02 --> I-130 received by USCIS

2009-02-05 --> Notice of Action (NOA1)

2009-02-07 --> Notice of Action (NOA1) hardcopy received in the mail

2009-02-09 --> Request for Expedite

2009-02-09/10/16/18/20 --> Touched

2009-02-26 --> Phone call from WY congresswoman's office: I-130 petition approved (NOA2)!!

2009-02-27 --> Touched (case mailed to NVC?)

2009-03-02 --> NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

NVC Journey

2009-03-13 --> Case # assigned

2009-03-15 --> Request for expedite

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 generated

2009-03-19 --> DS-3032 sent (e-mail)

2009-03-19 --> AOS and IV fees PAID (money order) (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-03-20 --> AOS package and DS-230 sent to NVC (as per NVC supervisor's instructions)

2009-04-13 --> Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

2009-04-14 --> Forward the case to Embassy in Paris, France

2009-04-30 --> Medical (PASSED!)

2009-04-30 --> Visa Interview - APPROVED!!

2009-05-04 --> Visa in Hand

2009-05-12 --> POE (Chicago)

2009-06-26 --> Green Card arrived in the mail!!

ROC

2011-03-16 --> ROC packet sent

2011-04-14 --> Biometrics appointment in Denver, CO

2011-05-27 --> Notification of approval in the mail (actual decision on the 24th)

2011-05-31 --> 10 year green card in the mail! (sent on the 25th)

**Done with USCIS till 2021**

Timeline

hiya

i have another question,

i remember asking here a while ago about the visa fee and i got a response that it was 107 euros, but i keep seeing that it s 325 dollars

so i am a lil confused, can someone explain this to me,im trying to figure out how much i will need total for my trip to paris and ambassade.

also i read that i can do my blood tests and xrays on my own and bring it to my visit medical? is that true? if so what are the requirements ?

thans for yall time

cammie

i remember asking here a while ago about the visa fee and i got a response that it was 107 euros, but i keep seeing that it s 325 dollars

so i am a lil confused, can someone explain this to me,im trying to figure out how much i will need total for my trip to paris and ambassade.

also i read that i can do my blood tests and xrays on my own and bring it to my visit medical? is that true? if so what are the requirements ?

Re: fee -- You should have all this information on the Packet 3. If you don't have it yet, well, wait for it: better to get exactly what you need than approximately.

I paid 107 euros for the K1 visa. If you're coming with a different visa, it might be a different amount. But for the French embassy, the amount should be in euros. Euros only. So I'm not sure what your $ amount represents. Maybe the next leg of the journey?

Re: medical -- And don't do the tests and X-rays in advance: for the Paris embassy, you can't do them in advance, they'll just have you do them again. That's what the doctor told me. There's no way to cut the cost of that one, unfortunately. Actually, the only thing is to have your vaccines updated, so you don't have to go twice to the doctor's.

Hope that helps...

Et alors je viendrai à vous, telle une goutte illimitée vers un océan sans bornes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.