RosaMystica7

France/America couples

2,690 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

yes, hang in there Jeff melody, hoping they will answer to you.

and i have a querstion for th eone who had the medical appointement (160€ that includes the visit and the X-ray). Is that covered by Social security and the private insurance?

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Timeline

Not by the social security.

I didn't have a private insurance in France back then so I don't about that.

have a good day!

Lili&Kai :star:

yes, hang in there Jeff melody, hoping they will answer to you.

and i have a querstion for th eone who had the medical appointement (160€ that includes the visit and the X-ray). Is that covered by Social security and the private insurance?

K1 timeline

July 07 - met in London

30 Apr 08 - petition received (was sent around the 20th...)

22 May 08 - NOA1

12 Sep 08 - NOA2!!!!

19 Sep 08 - NVC send our case to Niger instead of France

........case stuck in Niger for 6 weeks......

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 received

14 Nov 08 - Packet 3 sent

02 Dec 08 - Packet 4 received

18 Dec 08 - Interview!

23 Dec 08 - had to re-do fingerprint / Visa Issued

24 Dec 08 - Visa received

30 Dec 08 - Flying to Dulles (Washington DC)

06 Jan 09 - Marriage

AOS/EAD/AP timeline

02 Feb 09 - AOS, AP and EAD sent

05 Feb 09 - Received by USCIS

11 Feb 09 - NOA for AOS, AP and EAD (mailbox: 14 Feb)

04 Mar 09 - Biometrics

17 Mar 09 - Case sent to the California Service Center

02 Apr 09 - AP issued (mailbox: Apr 9)

02 Apr 09 - EAD issued (mailbox: Apr 11)

10 Apr 09 - 2 years Permanent Resident Card issued (mailbox Apr 18)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Ginger cat, SSN or insurance does not cover the medical.

Jeffmelody, hang in there, hopefully it won't take too long. 5 weeks is a little longer than what we had to wait in my case (4 weeks I think) but it's not too long either. i've never tried to call them so I can't give you any advice for that.

Welcome here!

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
Hi Jeff,

Welcome on this thread. it has been the best one for me on VJ so far :)

As I told you by pm they contacted me by phone something like 5 days after I sent them a fax.

I also heard of a US citizen who managed to get them on the phone. I think no answer after 3 fax is a good reason for you to insist on that one.

In any case don't try to call the number that they charge you 15 euros for. I tried when I couldn't figure whether our case was in France or Niger and got a guy on the phone who was a pure idiot.

I'm not sure 5 weeks is that long though, is it?

well... courage!!!

Lili&Kai :star:

I just found this thread in this subforum. it has been 5 weeks since national visa center sent me a letter regarding the K1 case which will be sent to US embassey in paris. we still haven't got the package 3.

I tried to call the embassey and was told they only accept fax for queries. now we have sent 3 fax, 3/11, 3/23 and 3/24. still no any response. i am going to call the embassey again on Monday.

Have any of you had this kind of experience? it's not smooth on every steps of this journey. i am so tired these days.

Hi jeffmelody,

Like Lili&Kai, I would not advice you to call the number where they charge you! I did call for the same exact reason (worried I didn't receive my P3 yet), and I also had a useless guy! He didn't seem to know anything about the P3!, or about the K1 visa!! :angry:

I remenber sending them a fax, which they never responded, but I know I had my P3 pretty soon after sending it.

If I were you, I would try to wait a little bet more; even if I totally understand that the wait is hard!! I remenber checking my mail box as soon as the mail guy passed!!!

Good luck to you!! and let us know if you have any other news! ;)

Timeline

Thanks Cécile and lili for your answers. I guess the 160€ will just be the glory!

but damn!!! that's truly expensive. that's lucrative. and is that the same doctor who make the X-ray? or he gives a prescription..and he have to go to a radiologist or whatever?

and did you have to do some other shot.

like ROR or DTpolio, hepathite B, BCG?

apparently, my docs wants me to do the ROR. but i had it when i was little. I have to do them again? :-/

Edited by Ginger cat

Timeline

Yes, it is lucrative. Here's my experience: I went to see the doctor, he checked my "health book" and my heart and stuff like that, then he sent me do the X-ray to another place 4 or 5 houses down the street and then do blood test two blocks down. I didn't have to do any other shots.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

I was just poking my head in to say hello... and wow, I'm happy to see that this post is still here after all this time. Well, my Frenchie and I have been separated since August, will be divorced when I can afford it. I hope all of you have happier stories than I did. Anyone here still from my time on VJ that remembers me? I'm kinda curious. ^_^

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Timeline

thank you all for the answers. I will keep on trying.

Hi jeffmelody,

Like Lili&Kai, I would not advice you to call the number where they charge you! I did call for the same exact reason (worried I didn't receive my P3 yet), and I also had a useless guy! He didn't seem to know anything about the P3!, or about the K1 visa!! :angry:

I remenber sending them a fax, which they never responded, but I know I had my P3 pretty soon after sending it.

If I were you, I would try to wait a little bet more; even if I totally understand that the wait is hard!! I remenber checking my mail box as soon as the mail guy passed!!!

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2008-05-30

RFE Reply(s) : 2008-05-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-06-05

check cashed: 2008-06-09

Touched : 2008-06-26

Congressman contacted USCIS: 2008-12-10 (VSC processing 3/7 cases)

Senate contacted USCIS: 2008-12-29

Congressman contacted USCIS again: Got mail from congressman 2009-01-14 (Explained why is VSC slower than CSC)

Congressman contacted USCIS 3rd time: Got mail from congressman 2009-01-23 (VSC processing 4/15 cases)

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-29

NVC forwarded to US consulate in Paris: 2009-02-06

still no package 3 yet, faxed to US consulate in Paris : 2009-03-11

Still no packet 3 yet. will fax to consulate in Paris again: 2009-03-23

Timeline
I was just poking my head in to say hello... and wow, I'm happy to see that this post is still here after all this time. Well, my Frenchie and I have been separated since August, will be divorced when I can afford it. I hope all of you have happier stories than I did. Anyone here still from my time on VJ that remembers me? I'm kinda curious. ^_^

i was not here, but that's a sad to hear that a story ends after all that "pain" and efforts that visa journey requires.

Timeline

HI THERE

im not sure if this is the right forum, but im waiting for my noa2, and i started to look for hotels near the ambassade in paris earlier but i didn t find anything...

i dont live near paris so i thought maybe when i do get my interview, i could do the medical the day before and just spend the night there? is the ambassade hard to find? gosh im so nervous about everything, specially the interview...i have really bad anxiety so i hope i wont freak out any infos about the ambassade in paris, and what to expect would be very appreciated.

XOXO

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Timeline

humm..

depends on if you are a nice girl, but i could offer you to spend the night at my home if you need and drives you where you need.

ok, it will rather depend on what day your interview is, and if that macthes with my scheduling, but I will be glad to give you a help, if i can.

where are you living?

PS: my noa 2 arrived one week ago. so maybe we are going to be interviewed almost at the same time. ;)

Edited by Ginger cat

Timeline

ooo that is such a nice offer but i didn t even get my noa2, it might be a while, but i don t know lol

i live dans les forges (epinal) right now, staying at my dad s until i get my visa...

ur interview is soon, lucky you :thumbs:

i dont live near paris so i thought maybe when i do get my interview, i could do the medical the day before and just spend the night there? is the ambassade hard to find? gosh im so nervous about everything, specially the interview...i have really bad anxiety so i hope i wont freak out any infos about the ambassade in paris, and what to expect would be very appreciated.

Hello there,

When you get your NOA2, you receive a letter that states all the documents that you will need for the interview; once you have all the documents, you send them a letter back saying you're ready for the interview, and they reply with an interview date and a new -much shorter- list of things to do before the interview. This is when you get your doctor's appointment. You can definitely make an appointement the day before your interview but make sure you allow enough time to do the blood test and the x-ray after your appointment. I had to go back to the doctor's with all my tests on the day of the interview to get the final package. So my advise is: get your doctor's appointement late in the morning or early in the afternoon the day before your interview.

Then, don't worry about a thing: the embassy part is just a simple procedure, no trick questions. If you have all the documents they need (I triple-checked on the day of, even though I knew I had everything). Go read a few of the Embassy reviews (see link at the top of this page), it is really not that big a deal.

But good luck anyway, because if you're like me, you'll stress out anyway :)

Et alors je viendrai à vous, telle une goutte illimitée vers un océan sans bornes.

Timeline

thanks a bunch!!!

can anyone tell me the approx fees for the last step of the process (medical + visa fee) and if there is anything else to pay for

ughhhh money money money lol

xoxo

Timeline

After sending 2nd fax myself last midnight (5 fax for this package 3 total). I got a phone call from US embassy in paris today. a nice lady told me my fiancee can pick up the package 3 for Friday morning. finally some good news. thank you for the encouragement!!

thank you all for the answers. I will keep on trying.

Hi jeffmelody,

Edited by jeffmelody

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2008-05-30

RFE Reply(s) : 2008-05-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-06-05

check cashed: 2008-06-09

Touched : 2008-06-26

Congressman contacted USCIS: 2008-12-10 (VSC processing 3/7 cases)

Senate contacted USCIS: 2008-12-29

Congressman contacted USCIS again: Got mail from congressman 2009-01-14 (Explained why is VSC slower than CSC)

Congressman contacted USCIS 3rd time: Got mail from congressman 2009-01-23 (VSC processing 4/15 cases)

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-29

NVC forwarded to US consulate in Paris: 2009-02-06

still no package 3 yet, faxed to US consulate in Paris : 2009-03-11

Still no packet 3 yet. will fax to consulate in Paris again: 2009-03-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.