Stella_w

Does NVC send you a mail or email when they assign you a case number?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

my fiance called the NVC on the 13th august and was told that they will notify us by mail when they give us a case number. A few days later we saw on uscis website that our case was shipped on the 14th august, So now it's been more than a week, and we think we should have our case number soon hopefully...but should we call NVC for the case number? the custom rep on the phone did say that they are gonna notify us when a case number is assigned, and we dont want to call too often. but then again everyone here seems to be calling NVC to get their case number?

I (the petitioner) got a letter in the mail, but I found out our case number from calling NVC as I happened to call on the day they received our case.

Met in 2006 through a pen pal website for school-aged kids when we were 15!
Kept in touch a bit for 4.5 years
02-2011 -Started talking about how to make a relationship work
06-06-2011- Met in Chicago and became a couple, finally!
07-18-2011- I flew back with him to England to meet his family
11-23-2011- He stays with my family and me for three months!
05-16-2012- I flew to England to be with him for a month.
07-15-2012- He flies back to me for another 3 months
12-17-2012- I fly over to England to be with him for 5 months
04-05-2013- We took a trip to Rome, and he asks me to marry him in St. Peter's Square!!!
04-25-2013- I-129F Sent to Dallas Lockbox
05-09-2013- He comes back to visit me for nearly 2 months
07-03-2013- I go back ONE last time, while our I-129F is processing
07-17-2013- Our petition is approved only 79 days later!! kicking.gif
07-25-2013- I fly home, and we are now apart for an indefinite amount of time. cray5ol.gif
08-09-2013- Packet 3 received
08-13-2013- Packet 3 sent back
08-15-2013- Medical Exam
09-24-2013- Jake's mom flies me to England by surprise AND short notice
09-26-2013- Packet 4 Arrives
10-02-2013- Interview- Approved!! dancin5hr.gif
10-11-2013- Visa arrives
11-04-2013- POE Chicago O'Hare
11-27-2013- Wedding day!!!
01-25-2014- Filed AOS

02-25-2014- Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

guess it's back to calling then...was hoping to avoid this since it's so hard to talk to someone from NVC on the phone. thanks for your help.

Our file was shipped to NVC On the 15th of August, we got our case number on Thursday the 22nd. Today, it is still "at NVC" waiting to be shipped (maybe with other NZ applicants like yourself smile.png). I suspect that your case may be at NVC already. I would recommend you call DOS, wait time is way faster than at NVC. My fiance usually only waits between 15-30 minutes, compared to 2 hours at NVC. People are also nicer 202-663-1225

Edited by ArianneChris

engaged happy.png - February 2013

129F NOA1 receipt date- March 11, 2013 (NOA1 sent March 13, 2013)

Touched - Name spelling correction - March 20, 2013

Transferred to TSC - July 10, 2013

NOA2 - July 23 smile.png

Shipped to NVC - August 15

NVC Received - August 22

Auckland Consulate Received- August 28

Packet 3 Received - September 7

Medical - September 9

Packet 3 Sent - September 9

Packet 4 Received - Sept 11

Interview - Sept 19

Visa received - Sept 26

POE - 25 December luv.gif

Wedding - 11 January heart.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

our NOA2 on july 24, We got case number when my fiance called nvc on aug 12,and in the same day we received letter from nvc content our case number and says within a week our case will forwarded to usem in jakarta, but today we received email from usem embassy they not received yet our case (we send email to usem on aug 20), so confused per as nvc officer says on phone call our case already sent to usem on 9 aug (even the letter date on 12 aug)..any one has the same issue like us too?

Timeline

My fiance just got an email today with our case number. He emailed the NVC a few weeks ago, and today they answered with our case number!

So it doesn't hurt to email NVC as well, looks like they do eventually answer. Just thought I'd let people know :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.