I AM NOT THAT GUY

Does the NRA Really Have 4 Million Members?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Only 4 million?

Imagine if only 4 million Chinese paratroopers landed this afternoon.

A target rich environment. That was almost the exact scenario we war gamed every spring at Camp Roberts and Hunter Liggett - Millions of Chinese, Russians, or North Koreans landed somewhere in Monterey County, and were working their way down along US Hwy 101 toward Paso Robles, and it was up to us to stop them.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

A target rich environment. That was almost the exact scenario we war gamed every spring at Camp Roberts and Hunter Liggett - Millions of Chinese, Russians, or North Koreans landed somewhere in Monterey County, and were working their way down along US Hwy 101 toward Paso Robles, and it was up to us to stop them.

Don't worry. Traffic alone will stop them one way or another as soon as they hit the PCH...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

At least one user here keeps talking about all the gun owners being brainwashed by the NRA. If only 5% of gun owners are members, not many listed to them. And all of the gun talk here is about personal use, not military.

Address that one person then because it definitely isn't anything I have ever posted or something that I believe.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Address that one person then because it definitely isn't anything I have ever posted or something that I believe.

Believe it or not, there are gun owners that want universal gun registration, smaller magazines, and limits of the sale of certain military looking weapons, as well as banning the sale of "Saturday Night Specials", and strictly limiting who can carry or transport a weapon, in what manner, for what purpose. The less weapons out in public and in easy access, the safer I feel. Edited by The Patriot

Only 4 million?

Imagine if only 4 million Chinese paratroopers landed this afternoon.

12.7x99

Something tells me you hope for that to happen with every waking moment.

When the NRA was a selective organization, it felt that way as well. When the wackos took over the organization in the 70's or 80'a, that quickly changed, when increasing membership became more important than the morality of the members.

Believe it or not, there are gun owners that want universal gun registration, smaller magazines, and limits of the sale of certain military looking weapons, as well as banning the sale of "Saturday Night Specials", and strictly limiting who can carry or transport a weapon, in what manner, for what purpose. The less weapons out in public and in easy access, the safer I feel.

I am sure there are. It is this barmy idea that everyone needs a gun that bothers me more than anything else. Everyone doesn't need one and unless you have a good reason for owning one you should not get one. If you have very little real interest in guns you are going to endanger yourself and others.

The most cynical argument floated is that not only is gun ownership a right but some kind of citizen duty for public safety and I am deeply suspicious of anyone that floats this, regardless of whether they learned it from the NRA or came up with it on their own.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

That's a good read GandD.

The amount of money sloshing around in the political system is the main problem. Politicians can't get elected without billions and they rely on lobbyists to provide their campaign funds. It's a nonsense. When that's addressed a lot of this ####### will disappear. Did I say when? I meant if :(

So Congress is easily swayed?

Per linked article:

The NRA and its allies in the firearms industries, along with the even more militant Gun Owners of America, have together poured nearly $81 million into House, Senate and presidential races since the 2000 election cycle, according to federal disclosures and a Center for Responsive Politics analysis done for the Center for Public Integrity.

So $81 million in the past 12 years. How much did WE spend in Iraq? Afghanistan? Etc, etc. We know Iraq is well over a trillion. So these Congressman sell out for peanuts and have no problem spending trillions of OUR hard earned money. As far as I know, none of my tax dollars go to the NRA.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So Congress is easily swayed?

Per linked article:

The NRA and its allies in the firearms industries, along with the even more militant Gun Owners of America, have together poured nearly $81 million into House, Senate and presidential races since the 2000 election cycle, according to federal disclosures and a Center for Responsive Politics analysis done for the Center for Public Integrity.

So $81 million in the past 12 years. How much did WE spend in Iraq? Afghanistan? Etc, etc. We know Iraq is well over a trillion. So these Congressman sell out for peanuts and have no problem spending trillions of OUR hard earned money. As far as I know, none of my tax dollars go to the NRA.

You said you didn't think the NRA had much pull. I feel like that article says the opposite. 90% favored background checks. 54 voted in their favor. #######?

You said you didn't think the NRA had much pull. I feel like that article says the opposite. 90% favored background checks. 54 voted in their favor. #######?

I should clarify that when I said the NRA didn't have that much clout that I was referring to private citizen gun owners. Our beloved Patriot has made several posts implying that all gun owners were being swayed by the NRA and with only 1 in 20 being a member, this is obviously not the case. Congress is selling out. That's easy to stop. Don't vote for those who are being bought out.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015