Mike & Weng

Interview before Embassy receives file?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Had a question:

We received our case Manila case # on the Aug 15th and it was shipped out that same day as well. As soon as getting our case # my fiancee also paid the visa fee at BPI. I scheduled our interview online for Aug 26th and she passed her medical on Aug 20th.

When tracking our file with DHL express, I still see it with them because of the flood. I also see the CEAC website showing our case is in transit.

My question is: what happens when she goes to her interview on Monday morning and the case file isn't there yet. I already sent her all my paperwork 3 weeks ago and we have everything we need for the interview. I'm just curious would they turn her away or do they already have an electronic copy? Is the case # generated with the beneficiary's embassy? Would they still interview her and then go into AP until they received and looked over her case files?

Thanks in advance.

The Embassy must have the physical case file in order for a consular officer to conduct an interview. Without the physical case file there will be no interview.

You can call the IV Unit on Friday (Manila time) to find out whether they have the physical case file. If they don't, you could either reschedule the interview or, if she lives in the Manila metro area, she could take a chance on Monday and go to the Embassy.

Timeline

Thank you very much for the info.

Ok, i guess we'll take a chance. She just lives in Pasay City and works in Ecomm building next to MOA. So it's pretty near. We're in a hurry because my parents are booked to go to the US on Sept 8. They retired in the Philippines and they all want to be together on the same flight. Lol, my mom and fiancee were stranded for 3 days in a hotel across St. Luke's because of the flood.

It's going to be a close call, but since she lives in Pasay, it's worth taking a chance.

Let us know how it went. Good luck!

Timeline

Oh Embassy is open on holiday? It's holiday on 26 National Heroes Day

Feb. 2013 - First conversation ( we met through a friend )
Mar 26, 2013 - First meeting in person, Manila
April 06, 2013 - He went back to US
April 15, 2013 - I-129F sent to USCIS
April 17, 2013 - I-129F delivered
April 19, 2013 - NOA1
April 23, 2013 - Alien Registration Number was changed
June 17, 2013 - Second Visit
July 31,2013 - RFE
August 06, 2013 - Return to US
August 08, 2013 - RFE reply sent. ( next day delivery service)
August 09, 2013 - RFE response received
August 13, 2013- APPROVED!
12nn - Received an email from Representative Staff that our petition is approved already. ( w/ email from USCIS officer )
8pm - Received email confirmation about the approval & Online Status Updated.
August 14,2013- got my BC & Cenomar ( waited 5mins for BC & almost 1 1/2hr for Cenomar)
August 15, 2013 - got my NBI ( total processing time from step 1 to releasing 1 1/2hrs)
August 23,2013 - CFO Attended, Got GCC. Sticker to follow.
Sep 18, 2013 - Got MNL Case # via Phone & Paid Visa Fee @ BPI
Sept 23, 2013 - Medical PASSED - 1 Day Only

Sep 24, 2013 - Case status " READY"
Oct 07, 2013 - Interview - APPROVED
Oct 08,2013 - Status changed AP then ISSUED

Oct 10, 2013 - Status @ 2go site - HOLD for Pick up

Oct. 16, 2013 - US Entry @ LAX

Oct. 18, 2013 - Printed I-94

Oct. 29,2013 - Applied Marriage License & SSN
Nov. 25, 2013 - Wedding @ San Diego

s-event.png <p>

s-event.png

event.png

Timeline
I guess they were able to receive my case. Case status was changed this morning. Thanks for the responses. I really have to learn patience.
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: MNL#&@^#*@ 01 MNL Case Creation Date: 15-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 22-Aug-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

Please take the medical exam at St. Luke’s Extension Clinic in Manila at least one week before your interview. You are encouraged to register online at the St. Luke’s website: www.slec.phprior to your medical exam. The medical exam may take more than one day to complete.

I guess they were able to receive my case. Case status was changed this morning. Thanks for the responses. I really have to learn patience.
U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: MNL#&@^#*@ 01 MNL Case Creation Date: 15-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 22-Aug-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

Please take the medical exam at St. Luke’s Extension Clinic in Manila at least one week before your interview. You are encouraged to register online at the St. Luke’s website: www.slec.phprior to your medical exam. The medical exam may take more than one day to complete.

Congrats and goodluck! Our says In Transit, I guess they really waited for the Embassy to open back up before they touch or send in petitions. We're gonna schedule an interview tomorrow. I'm excited! :D

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Timeline

Thanks!

Good luck to you too as well. Have you tried tracking your Files using the DHL refrence method? We're really hoping she gets her Visa before Sept 8th, my parents are heading down here and they all want to be on the same flight. My parents would be able to help her out a lot since they are from here.

We also need CFO sticker still. Ugh

Thanks!

Good luck to you too as well. Have you tried tracking your Files using the DHL refrence method? We're really hoping she gets her Visa before Sept 8th, my parents are heading down here and they all want to be on the same flight. My parents would be able to help her out a lot since they are from here.

We also need CFO sticker still. Ugh

Our file is already at the embassy! I'm so excited. I told my fiance, not to be nervous.. he knows me well, so there's no point in being nervous. I'm so excited! Lol. Well, no >.< They said that if you went to pick it up instead of them delivering it to you, you can get it after 2 days. Just ask the CO and they said that the CO will give you the instructions on picking it up. Hope it goes well!!! And I hope she gets to travel with your parents!!! That'd be fast, Sept 8 is just around the corner. Lol!

I know, right?! We're kinda annoyed by that CFO thing, but oh well, you have to have that sticker.

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.