missypatrick14

I need help,please can someone help? :(

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please can someone suggest a number to call where I can possibly find out something about finding out about what is happening with my visa. I'm absolutely fed up from not hearing a thing for the last 3 weeks after being told i should receive my passport back in 2-3 working days. I have got to the point where no matter what number i call i get an automated message or someone who passes me on to someone else or tells me they cannot help. I have sent e-mails to get no response,my fiance has tried leaving messages and had no response too. I'm frustrated at not getting through,stressed,not sleeping well and getting me down so much. I need help :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

If you fill in your timeline others will know what point of the process you are at and who you are trying to deal with, USCIS,NVC or US Embassy? You may also want to ask for help in the UK section.

Edited by southernman

OUR K-1 JOURNEYMET ONLINE 2011MET IN BELARUS 2012SHE SAID YES!! 2012NOA1 06/22/2012WENT TO GREECE TOGETHER 08/01/2012VISITED HER IN BELARUS 11/07/2012NOA2 VIA EMAIL 12/05/2012EMBASSY INTERVIEW 02/13/2013VISA ISSUED 02/14/2013ARRIVED IN THE U.S. 02/26/2013MARRIED 03/16/2013AOS,EAD,AP FIled 04/02/2013NOA1 04/10/2013Biometrics completed 05/07/2013EAD card sent for production 06/13/2013EAD/AP card arrived in mail. 06/21/2013AOS approved 10/21/2013Green card arrived via mail 10/31/2013Removal of conditions mailed 08/04/2015 10 year card approved 06/08/2016 <p>

Timeline

If you fill in your timeline others will know what point of the process you are at and who you are trying to deal with, USCIS,NVC or US Embassy? You may also want to ask for help in the UK section.

Thankyou,Which numbers/websites can you recommend i try for help in the U.K?

I'm currently in waiting for the k1 visa.I had my interview at the US Embassy London on the 2nd August. I was told the visa had been approved and I would receive it in 2-3 working days yet even now I'm still waiting so i'm concerned as to what is happening with it. :( I check the CEAC website for the visa status everyday and it's always "Ready" but my last update was the 12th August,I wouldn't mind waiting if i knew there was a long wait but i think as they told me it would be 2-3 days i assumed it should be with me by now and looking at others timelines who had their interview after me and already have their visa's i can't work out what is wrong. :( I'm struggling to contact anyone who can help me. :(

Please can someone suggest a number to call where I can possibly find out something about finding out about what is happening with my visa. I'm absolutely fed up from not hearing a thing for the last 3 weeks after being told i should receive my passport back in 2-3 working days. I have got to the point where no matter what number i call i get an automated message or someone who passes me on to someone else or tells me they cannot help. I have sent e-mails to get no response,my fiance has tried leaving messages and had no response too. I'm frustrated at not getting through,stressed,not sleeping well and getting me down so much. I need help sad.png

Did you check your status online ? if you havnt then you can check your visa status on here www.ceac.state.gov/ceac/ you can also call dos.. good luck :)

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Timeline

Did you check your status online ? if you havnt then you can check your visa status on here www.ceac.state.gov/ceac/ you can also call dos.. good luck smile.png

Thankyou,I have been checking the CEAC status everyday but it still remains "Ready",last update was on the 12th August. I am yet to call the DoS,I work mon-fri 8am-6pm and i know the hours are 9-3 to call the DoS. I also know they aren't open on weekends so it makes it tricky to have the time to call them.

Thankyou,I have been checking the CEAC status everyday but it still remains "Ready",last update was on the 12th August. I am yet to call the DoS,I work mon-fri 8am-6pm and i know the hours are 9-3 to call the DoS. I also know they aren't open on weekends so it makes it tricky to have the time to call them.

you welcome sis! we all are here to help out eachother! so did you call courier company maybe you can consdr to pick up your passport frm their office directly.. try to call courier nd ask them if they have your passport

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Calling DOS is really your best (and perhaps only) option. They usually answer pretty quickly, so even if you have a half hour lunch break to step out and call them, it would probably be worth your while.

DOS: 202-663-1225 (from US...not sure about from UK)

London Embassy: 703-439-2367 (US)

020-3608-6998 (UK)

You should check out the UK Consulate page on VJ. It has all of their contact info there, too. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Kingdom&cty=London

You should also check out the DOS website for information.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

wht did CO told,did he say courier company 'll contact you to pick up your passport (wth brown envelope) frm there????

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Timeline

you welcome sis! we all are here to help out eachother! so did you call courier company maybe you can consdr to pick up your passport frm their office directly.. try to call courier nd ask them if they have your passport

Aww,That's a lovely thing to say thankyou :) I have tried many times to contact the courier service but i get the automated service asking for the tracking number which i don't have. They make it so hard to just speak to a real person.

Timeline

Calling DOS is really your best (and perhaps only) option. They usually answer pretty quickly, so even if you have a half hour lunch break to step out and call them, it would probably be worth your while.

DOS: 202-663-1225 (from US...not sure about from UK)

London Embassy: 703-439-2367 (US)

020-3608-6998 (UK)

You should check out the UK Consulate page on VJ. It has all of their contact info there, too. http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Kingdom&cty=London

You should also check out the DOS website for information.

Thank you for the numbers,I think i will give the US number to my fiance and see if he can call the DoS from the U.S. He may have more luck with it. :) Thank you so much for the contact numbers.

Thank you,I have been checking the CEAC status everyday but it still remains "Ready",last update was on the 12th August. I am yet to call the DoS,I work mon-fri 8am-6pm and i know the hours are 9-3 to call the DoS. I also know they aren't open on weekends so it makes it tricky to have the time to call them.

DOS are open 8:30am until 5pm EST - equivalent to 1:30pm until 10pm London time. Can't you phone today - they will be open for another 40 minutes? I phoned from the UK whilst I was going through the same stage as you are.

Edited by Anna Grant

Aww,That's a lovely thing to say thankyou smile.png I have tried many times to contact the courier service but i get the automated service asking for the tracking number which i don't have. They make it so hard to just speak to a real person.

Dont worry sis courier conmpany'll contact you soon, nd keep checking the ph too, make sure you wont miss the call frm anybody these days especialy frm courier company..nd try to contact with their consulate in us to ask if they already sent your passport to the courier company... i pray you will get your visa soon..i knw sis how you are feeling at the moment just 1/2days more thn visa will be in your hands InshaAllah smile.png

Edited by @@mirpeArL

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Timeline

DOS are open 8:30am until 5pm EST - equivalent to 1:30pm until 10pm London time. Can't you phone today - they will be open for another 40 minutes? I phoned from the UK whilst I was going through the same stage as you are.

Thanks Anna,I didn't actually know that but thats great news if it's true!:D I can contact them tomorrow then,i only haven't yet because i thought they were open until 3pm and i finish work at 6pm every weekday. Also it's 10.30pm here so they will be closed but will try tomorrow and i hope so much to get through. Thank you again.

Timeline

Dont worry sis courier conmpany'll contact you soon, nd keep checking the ph too, make sure you wont miss the call frm anybody these days especialy frm courier company..nd try to contact with their consulate in us to ask if they already sent your passport to the courier company... i pray you will get your visa soon..i knw sis how you are feeling at the moment just 1/2days more thn visa will be in your hands InshaAllah smile.png

Thank you i will. :) I hope so much that it is with the courier or at least still being processed because i then know what is happening with it,it's the not knowing that i don't like,it makes me worried that something has happened to it. Thank you for your help,it's very kind of you. :)

Thanks Anna,I didn't actually know that but thats great news if it's true!biggrin.png I can contact them tomorrow then,i only haven't yet because i thought they were open until 3pm and i finish work at 6pm every weekday. Also it's 10.30pm here so they will be closed but will try tomorrow and i hope so much to get through. Thank you again.

Yes - if you check here - http://travel.state.gov/visa/about/how/how_1463.html - they are open until 5pm EST (5 hours behind London time - sorry, they weren't open for another 40 minuets when I posted - I'm on CT!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.