mivingon

Non moving Violation HELP!!

7 posts in this topic

Ok so I am getting ready to submit my N400, I printed off the 50- some paige guide.

In there it states that if a traffic fine was above 500 Dollars, you have to claim it.

I was speading, going 25 over the speed limit. No alcohol or drugs invloved of course.

I was going to work and was late LOL!

This was my first offence and I was "so much over the speed limit" that I had to show in court.

I ended up hiring an attorney because the case was just plain stupid to go to court.

The attorney got me out of it and it was dimissed as "defective equiment", no point on licence etc.

I called the lawyer that did this for me and it was classed as a "non moving violation".

Is this something I should claim on my N500/ at the point of my interview?

I am stuck, I don't want them to not grant me citzenship because of this ticket and I don't want them to think I am lying either.

The fine was a total of 300 Dollars.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, you have to report it. and it's not a big deal.

Defective Equipment happens all the time but the responsibility of the driver.

There was a fine involved and $300.00 sounds like they really screwed you over.

As long as there was no one hurt, injured due to carelessness, no drugs or alcohol infraction. Your OK.

Get paperwork to show the case is completed and show proof you paid the fine in full.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don’t think you got to do anything but if the case was dismissed why were you required to pay the fine? From your description it seems there must be 2 charges and they did charge you for a non-moving violation on the moving violation your attorney got you out based on defective equipment.

So all you have to is mention it on your n400, you do not need any other documentation as the fine was less than $500 and you can put the non-moving violation was mentioned on your ticket as the charge.

Ok thanks that makes me feel better, so you don't think that when I report it that it will cause problems with my citzenship?

I know not telling them about it would.

It's just that if not needed I don't really want to give that info, makes me feel like a criminal for speeding.

I ended up paying a total of 300 for the court fees and 500 for the lawyer.

The cop was not the nicest guy ot there, something must of crawled up his rear lol!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok thanks that makes me feel better, so you don't think that when I report it that it will cause problems with my citzenship?

I know not telling them about it would.

It's just that if not needed I don't really want to give that info, makes me feel like a criminal for speeding.

I ended up paying a total of 300 for the court fees and 500 for the lawyer.

The cop was not the nicest guy ot there, something must of crawled up his rear lol!

If you just paid the court fee than there is nothing to report.

You were not charged with nothing and there was no fine, court fee is not fine but if you paid fine for non-moving violation that has to be reported.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might add it on the N400, I was charged and it was defective equipment".

If I do list it I am submitting a copy of proof of payment etc.

I just want them to know I am of good moral character.

On the N400 Part 10 I checked yes on number 15 and 17 although I was not charged I guess it was still a crime.

I am so worried of getting denied when they see I checked number 15 and 17.

What do you think????

I think I might add it on the N400, I was charged and it was defective equipment".

If I do list it I am submitting a copy of proof of payment etc.

I just want them to know I am of good moral character.

On the N400 Part 10 I checked yes on number 15 and 17 although I was not charged I guess it was still a crime.

I am so worried of getting denied when they see I checked number 15 and 17.

What do you think????

You need to chill but though I understand the worry. Just include the disposition from the court and you will be approve 100%. You would come out saying you have been worrying yourself about nothing. Only a conviction can stop you or a plea deal but it would have to be a serious and real crime. Go drink a beer.

Naturalization

04/08/2013 - N-400 Mailed

07/22/2013 - N-400 Recommended for approval

08/13/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Officially a US citizen.

08/20/2013 - I-130 for Mom mailed

09/02/2013 - NOA received

03/04/2014 - I-130 Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.