Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

USC wants to petition for parents who are visiting the US

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Question, USC’s parents are visiting the US on a visitor’s visa (one-year validation, 6 months duration). If USC files for green cards for parents, and do the parents need to go back to home country, have the interview there, flight back to US after getting the visa?

Or it is possible (legally) for the parents to stay here for the duration of the petition? If so, what they the petition process is longer than 6 months? Do the parents need to leave the US and come back in a day or two?

I have heard two cases of friends and families did this, not sure they are just blowing smoke or for real.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read about other folk with China flags in their accounts here,

filing the big AOS packet and getting approved.

Why? It's a family preference for USC petitioners, and as such, is no barrier with USCIS.

There's a big AOS package (I-130 + I-485 + other forms) to file on each human, and they'll need a medical exam from a civil surgeon.

Once this big AOS package is filed, a new period of authorized stay starts.

Coupla caveats:

1. not go back to China till greencard in hand (4 to 10 months after filing)

2. be wary at immigration control points across the southern USA border.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.