Santos19

Reschedule Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

The embassy in Santiago, Chile has had our case since the beginning of June. I sent them an email asking for an expedite because I had orders to go to Afghanistan, however, I am here now (they had me come sooner). Anyway, we received no email from them. However, on August 16th, 2013, our case was updated on the CEAC website, but nothing really changed.... So I emailed the embassy in Santiago yesterday saying this:

"

We are sending this email in regards to our case. On the CEAC website it gives a status of being ready for the interview and being updated as recently as August 16th, 2013. We were wondering when we should receive our package with the papers and also the appointment letter for the interview. This is just so we know when to schedule the medical as well so that it is done at the same time as her going to Santiago for her interview. Thank you for your time and hopeful response.  -Santos, Joshua 

and recieved this email this morning when I awoke:

"

Thank you for your email.  Yes her interview was already scheduled for August 14, 2013.  The instructions packet was send a month in advanced.  Due to Correos de Chile Strike, she might have not received it. In case you want to re-schedule her interview, she is welcome to come in person any Wednesday morning from 08:30 to 10:00 to the immigrant visa unit at the U.S. embassy.  Sincerely,  Immigrant visa Unit Santiago, Chile  "

It is quite difficult for her to go to Santiago just to schedule an interview. She lives in Punta Arenas and it costs $450 just fly there and back. Can they not schedule an appointment through the email correspondence and if the mailing system is on strike, can they not email her the papers instead of sending them via courier????

Just seeing if anyone has had this happen to them or if anyone knows what to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The us embassy send your fiancee all paper need it for interview by mail not email?

Its almost the same with us, we got noa2 on 24 july and case number letter on 9 augt and nvc said on 9 aug our case already send to indonesia US embassy on 9 aug. After that we check our case number on CEAC and its shown our case ready for schedule the interview,once they contact us, we need to provide all docs need it. The problem is we didn't receive any packet 3 content list paper we need to complete.is almos a month on 24 aug, still no news from uas embassy in indonesia..do you think my fiance need to send email us embassy in indonesia to ask about our case? My friend can reschedule the interview by email..

Timeline

Yes, they were suppose to send my fiancee her packet 3 and 4 at the same time, that is how they do it in Chile. They sent the packet, however it did not arrive because of the strike from the courier service. I am wondering if they could send it via email if the courier service is on strike. and yes, I would send them email just to check on it, it doesn't hurt. And you said your friend could reschedule their interview by email?

Timeline

Well I sent this email to them:

"

Thank you for your quick reply. Now, if she wants to reschedule it, she has to come in person any Wednesday morning to reschedule it or to just walk in for an appointment. My only concern with her having to come in person to reschedule is that she will is that if she gets an interview a month later, she must travel once again to Santiago.Is there anyway to schedule an appointment through email correspondence? It seems a little excessive for her to fly from Punta Arenas to Santiago and spend a good deal of money to only come up and schedule an appointment and not actually attend one. If it is possible, could she have one scheduled for the end of September? Also, for the paperwork that was sent to her, but has not yet arrived due in part to the strike by Correos de Chile, could we get the tracking number for that package in order to see where it is currently? Or, because of the strike, would it be at all possible to receive the paperwork needed through an email attachment? I am currently in Afghanistan and would like to resolve this prior to my return in October/November time frame if at all possible. It would be nice to marry upon my arrival back from deployment. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.  -Santos, Joshua 

and was given this

"

In order to re-schedule the interview for a fiancee she must come in person.  We will coordinate with her a convenient date , and give her the instructions.  Sincerely,  Immigrant Visa Unit Santiago, Chile  

"

This just seems ridiculous to just reschedule an interview.

Timeline

That does seem rather ridiculous that you can't speak to someone over the phone....most likely it was their error not notifying you about the interview..The same thing happened to us but luckily I started all the paper work from the online forms ahead of time. I also told her to go down and do the doctor stuff cuz they are very disorganized down there at the embassy. The doctor told my fiance she could schedule an appointment with her passport, 2 passport style photos, and her NVC number. The I-134 was the most time consuming... Don't wait for the forms to come to you start them now. All the other forms I 156, I 156 K, and DS 230 you can find on line. If she has to go to Santiago to schedule an appointment make sure that she schedules the doctor visit at the same time she is there. Have her take care of all that stuff while she is there. it takes 1 or 2 days to do that. That way when she returns she can pick up the medical packet from the doctor at 12:00 prior to the interview. Try calling 56-225856989 and speak to the person that schedule the appointments. Maybe they can put you in touch with the people that schedule the interviews. Explain your situation that you never were notified by the Embassy of your interview. I am willing to bet that they forgot to send your the packet. I have proof they didn't send mine and when I complained by e-mail a packet was sent out the next day but I had to investigate that, they didn't tell me. Three days before the interview they sent the packet? We still have not received it. She had her interview already and because I planned ahead everything went well but very stressed...hope this helps...good luck on your journey..

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I already did the forms for this back in April for my fiancee, so she has them. I had her call the doctor to set up an appointment a few days ago for the end of September. She is going to go do this on a monday, schedule the interview on that wednesday and then stay with her friend until her interview. Yeah, when I asked for a tracking number on the package they told me that they do not get tracking numbers on packages with the mail courier. However, I know that is not true because 1. my fiancee sends packages to the family and they have tracking id on them and 2. all mail services put tracking id's on packages regardless of if it is in country or out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.