larymiriam

Vaccination age requirements/costs Australia

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know the age requirements for the vaccinations?My fiance is 28 years old.

Also, she lives in Australia, so she's going to have her vaccinations done in advance there before her medical exam in NZ, does anyone know how much they will all cost?

And will they be valid in NZ ? (We're getting married, doing the medical exam and DCF all in NZ)

2010 Sydney DCF Timeline:

May 29- Emailed US consulate in Sydney requesting appointment to file I-130 petition

May 30- Received email from consulate with appointment and instructions to file petition for June 3rd

June 3- Filed I-130 petition at consulate

June 15- Email from consulate with Packet 3 instructions

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

Does anyone know the age requirements for the vaccinations?My fiance is 28 years old.

Also, she lives in Australia, so she's going to have her vaccinations done in advance there before her medical exam in NZ, does anyone know how much they will all cost?

And will they be valid in NZ ? (We're getting married, doing the medical exam and DCF all in NZ)

Dear Visa Applicant,

Medical Examination Procedures ‑ American Visa

** PLEASE READ THIS **

The Consular requirements can seem complicated, but if you follow these instructions exactly, the procedures will be easy. LEAVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME!

STEP ONE:

Make sure you have:

• Your current PASSPORT

• Three (3) PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOS

• Your MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTION LETTER, which you have received from the American Consulate. Fill in the applicant details under “Section I: Applicant to complete this section.” Do not mark the questionnaire sections.

STEP TWO:

Ring Joan on 8267 5600 (Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm) to arrange a time to bring all the above items to the following office address:

Dr David Miller

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (see map) – 1st floor, suite 8

Appointments (08) 8267 5600 (phone Joan, Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm)

You will there be given request forms for a chest x‑ray and blood test. If you are over the age of 14 you must undergo a chest x-ray and a blood test for HIV and syphilis. The results of these tests are later forwarded to Dr Miller for review on the day of your physical examination. Be aware that they take up to a week to be received by Dr Miller.

STEP THREE:

Book and have your chest x-ray at the same address. Appointments (8367 4100) are required.

Dr Jones

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide (same building as Dr Miller) – ground floor X-ray Department.

Appointments (08) 8367 4100

Fee is $60.50 each inc. GST. Provided you book, waiting time is minimal.

STEP FOUR:

Have your blood test. No appointment is needed. Just go with your request form and Medicare card during working hours (to check open times you can ring (08) 8222 3000) to:

¨

I.M.V.S. Laboratory

Corner of Walter and Archer Streets, North Adelaide (see map)

If you bring your Medicare card no fee will be charged. Otherwise there will be a fee. Other laboratories can do the tests instead if you prefer, but they will charge a fee.

STEP FIVE:

Read the immunisation schedule provided. You must have certain immunisations - depending on your age - done or renewed, unless you bring written evidence of past immunisation with your documents. If you believe you are immune but don’t have written evidence, you may in some instances be able to have a specific blood test to prove immunity instead. You will have to pick up a special lab. Request from Joan in that case.

Generally if you are aged 18 to 64 you will only need MMR, Td and Varicella vaccines, but do study the full schedule.

Make an appointment for immunisation with:

Dr B J Gilbert

182 Ward Street, North Adelaide

Appointments (08) 8267 3544

There will be a fee. Dr Gilbert will give you a letter of verification, which you must put with your documents.

If you prefer, your own doctor can do the immunisations. You must then get a letter of verification from that doctor.

STEP SIX:

Make an appointment for the medical examination with:

Dr David Miller

Appointments (08) 8267 5600 (phone Joan, Mon to Wed 9 am to 4.30 pm)

183 Tynte Street, North Adelaide – 1st floor, suite 8

No other doctor in S.A. is authorised to perform this examination. Generally an appointment will be available within two to three weeks.

STEP SEVEN:

Keep the appointment. Bring your PASSPORT and all documents. You must bring cash to pay the standard fee for the consultation, as follows:

$140 + $14 GST = $154.00 total (one adult)

$105 + $10.50 GST = $115.50 total (each additional person aged 15 and over in family)

$70 + $7 GST = $77.00 total (each child under 15 years)

FEES MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF THE EXAMINATION IN CASH ONLY;

STRICTLY NO CREDIT CARDS, EFTPOS OR CHEQUES.

Breathe a sigh of relief. That’s all.

Thinking above prices are current as this is posted,

and should be a basis for consideration when saving for Medical.

Cheers

Paul..

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
STEP FIVE:

Read the immunisation schedule provided. You must have certain immunisations - depending on your age - done or renewed, unless you bring written evidence of past immunisation with your documents. If you believe you are immune but don’t have written evidence, you may in some instances be able to have a specific blood test to prove immunity instead. You will have to pick up a special lab. Request from Joan in that case.

Generally if you are aged 18 to 64 you will only need MMR, Td and Varicella vaccines, but do study the full schedule.

please note, that if you get the MMR, there is a reasonable chance you might have some reactions to the shot somewhere between 7-12 days after the shot. if you are going to get this shot, try to get it done atleast 14 days prior to your interview, you don't want to be feeling bad during the interview.

That is right -- at her age she should only need MMR, Tetanus and Varicella (chickenpox). If she's had chickenpox as a kid, she can get a bloodtest verifying her immunity, otherwise she'll need to get the vaccination done.

As long as she has a signed record from her doctor in Australia, that will be fine to use as evidence of her vaccination status in NZ when she has the medical. (I had all my vaccinations taken care of in the US, then used my records from there when I applied for my visa in Australia).

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

I got any vaccinations I needed at the time of my medical....repeat MMR and tetanus. They checked for chicken pox immunity with the blood test.

married Dec '03 in US

Feb 04...... I 130 filed......................approved August 04

March 04... I 129F filed....................approved October 04

August 04...I 130 for children filed....approved September 04

Interview: Jan 19 2005 in Sydney

~~~~K3/K4 Visas granted~~~~~

Leave for New Hampshire 27 January 05

We are Home!!!!! :o)

AOS timeline....round 1

2/16/05 I-765 mailed to Chicago

5/24/05 EAD approved

7/11/05 Started work!!

AOS....round 2 (to finally finish things off)

10/25/06 NOA1 for AOS/EAD

11/16/06 Transferred to CSC

11/17/06 Biometrics appt

11/27/06 Touched "Case now pending at CSC"

1/12/07 EAD "touched"

1/16/07 EAD "touched"

1/17/07 EAD approved "Card production Ordered"

1/20/07 I 485 "touched"

1/22/07 EAD card received

6/13/07 Transferred back to Missouri....grrrrrrr

7/23/07 Interview date! FINALLY!

7/23/07 AOS APPROVED!!! :o) 10 yr Greencard I 551 stamp in passport.

7/28/07 Welcome letter received

7/28/07 Card production ordered.

8/1/07 Approval notice senT

8/3/07 Greencards received in mail!

~~~WE ARE DONE~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
I got any vaccinations I needed at the time of my medical....repeat MMR and tetanus. They checked for chicken pox immunity with the blood test.

you didn't have any reactions to the MMR?

you didn't have any reactions to the MMR?

No....I was fine.

married Dec '03 in US

Feb 04...... I 130 filed......................approved August 04

March 04... I 129F filed....................approved October 04

August 04...I 130 for children filed....approved September 04

Interview: Jan 19 2005 in Sydney

~~~~K3/K4 Visas granted~~~~~

Leave for New Hampshire 27 January 05

We are Home!!!!! :o)

AOS timeline....round 1

2/16/05 I-765 mailed to Chicago

5/24/05 EAD approved

7/11/05 Started work!!

AOS....round 2 (to finally finish things off)

10/25/06 NOA1 for AOS/EAD

11/16/06 Transferred to CSC

11/17/06 Biometrics appt

11/27/06 Touched "Case now pending at CSC"

1/12/07 EAD "touched"

1/16/07 EAD "touched"

1/17/07 EAD approved "Card production Ordered"

1/20/07 I 485 "touched"

1/22/07 EAD card received

6/13/07 Transferred back to Missouri....grrrrrrr

7/23/07 Interview date! FINALLY!

7/23/07 AOS APPROVED!!! :o) 10 yr Greencard I 551 stamp in passport.

7/28/07 Welcome letter received

7/28/07 Card production ordered.

8/1/07 Approval notice senT

8/3/07 Greencards received in mail!

~~~WE ARE DONE~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.