Indomex

Still No Oath Letter!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My online status updated to "we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice..." 9 days ago. I still have not received this notice in the mail.

For every other notice I have ever received from USCIS, the time lag between an online update saying they have mailed a notice to my receiving it has never been more than 4 days even when a weekend has come in between.

Has anyone else experienced such a long time lag between an online update that confirmed oath had been scheduled and receiving the letter? I am afraid I am going to miss my ceremony because USPS has lost my letter.

For what its worth, my local office is San Francisco.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Call USCIS to see if you can find out anything or schedule an infopass. You should be able to get a copy of the letter even if it was lost in the mail. Congrats and good luck.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Its been 3 weeks for me so 9 days is nothing.

You cant call them until 45 days are over from your date of approval.

Just keep patience.

My online status updated to "we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice..." 9 days ago. I still have not received this notice in the mail.

For every other notice I have ever received from USCIS, the time lag between an online update saying they have mailed a notice to my receiving it has never been more than 4 days even when a weekend has come in between.

Has anyone else experienced such a long time lag between an online update that confirmed oath had been scheduled and receiving the letter? I am afraid I am going to miss my ceremony because USPS has lost my letter.

Sorry I didnt read your status correctly. Yes you should call them NOW to see what happened. 9 days is too long.

Timeline

Thanks Jamerican and iamwhatiam

So, I did call and the Tier2 officer gave me my oath location and date! She also said that I can show up without the notice and with my green card and they will take care of it at the venue.

Advise for others: If it's more than a week since your online update that you've been scheduled and haven't received a letter, call USCIS and ask for a Tier 2 officer. The Tier 1 misinformation people will try to tell you that you need to wait 30 days for the letter. If you do that you will definitely miss your ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on getting through! You did the right thing by calling right away. All the best for your future as a USC!

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Indomex!

How did it work out? Did they let you in with just your green card? I am in the same boat. Letter was mailed 11 days ago according to online status and the next LA Oath ceremony is Sept 27th. I don't know where or what time.

I have made an infopass appointment bu tthe next available one is Sept 23rd. Evertime i call USCIS Customer service they will not pit me through to a second tier officer. How did you get through?!

i am very worried.

Please give me any insights. All the best.

Timeline

Hi Indomex!

How did it work out? Did they let you in with just your green card? I am in the same boat. Letter was mailed 11 days ago according to online status and the next LA Oath ceremony is Sept 27th. I don't know where or what time.

I have made an infopass appointment bu tthe next available one is Sept 23rd. Evertime i call USCIS Customer service they will not pit me through to a second tier officer. How did you get through?!

i am very worried.

Please give me any insights. All the best.

I had no problems. They just made me fill out the oath letter questions when I arrived. And they are not allowed to deny you access to a Tier 2 officer on the phone if you insist on speaking to one. You have to do this of course because otherwise you will not know when and where your ceremony is. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your quick response and CONGRATULATIONS. This makes me feel so much better.

I will get back on the phone with them. I also have my infopass as a back up on Sept 23rd before the Sept 27th LA ceremony.

Roughy how many people were at your ceremony? I hear LA has up to 3,000 people.

And did they tell you a time over the phone or just the date and location?

Filed: Country: El Salvador
Timeline

In my experience they sent me 2 different text messages stating that they scheduled me for oath. the first message didn't really do anything, but a week after i got a second message stating the exact same thing. I was confused.

2 days after the second text I got a letter in the mail with the time and date.

My suggestion is to call the 1800 number and ask them what's up. Ohh, and don't forget to ask to speak to a Tier 2 representative if you don't get the answer you're looking for.

Its been 3 weeks for me so 9 days is nothing.

You cant call them until 45 days are over from your date of approval.

Just keep patience.

Sorry I didnt read your status correctly. Yes you should call them NOW to see what happened. 9 days is too long.

It's been 3 weeks since they scheduled you for the oath? CALL THEM RIGHT NOW! or schedule an INFOpass appointment. Your letter might had been lost in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.