Dustin and Janen

Ticket booked MNL to ATL!

27 posts in this topic

Lol. I would love to move up North tho tongue.pngsmile.png

Seems to be the thing to do. I've only been here for 8 years and I've always lived on the north side, since it's close to my job. But, it seems like a lot of people that live around here used to live on the south side at one point.

Any tips for my fiancee as a Filipino in the Atlanta area? I don't personally know any Filipinos here. I'm not sure you are a Filipino, but just guessing from your photo.

I've found a Filipino group called Atlanta Pinoy, I've mapped out all the Asian markets in the area for us to try and find Filipino foods she might like, found a place called Kuyo Express, and there is a Filipino Food Truck now in Atlanta. I haven't tried it yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I booked the ticket this morning with Expedia.

Janen will arrive here Tuesday the 20th! Only 5 days.

Anyone else flying out on the 20th?

Your so lucky you are finally able to see your fiancee :) Wish my fiance was coming also but he will be doing his interview when your fiancee leaves. haha. Have a safe trip Janen :) Did you book a one way ticket?

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Seems to be the thing to do. I've only been here for 8 years and I've always lived on the north side, since it's close to my job. But, it seems like a lot of people that live around here used to live on the south side at one point.

Any tips for my fiancee as a Filipino in the Atlanta area? I don't personally know any Filipinos here. I'm not sure you are a Filipino, but just guessing from your photo.

I've found a Filipino group called Atlanta Pinoy, I've mapped out all the Asian markets in the area for us to try and find Filipino foods she might like, found a place called Kuyo Express, and there is a Filipino Food Truck now in Atlanta. I haven't tried it yet.

It has also been 8 years since I moved here, but from the Philippines. Yeah, it sucks living in the South. I know that no matter where you go, you're not safe anymore, but it would be nice to move. Lol. I don't even know what to tell you, the only Filipinos that I get to see and meet are my mom's friends, and they live all the way in McDonough. For Asian Markets, we go to H-Mart (Jonesboro) and Mega Mart (Duluth).. she'll find the Filipino seasonings and a lot of Filipino stuff over there. :) Haven't heard of the Filipino Food Truck, once my fiance gets here, we might just try it. :D

Just let her settle for a little bit though, then you can drag her everywhere you want. Lol! The jet lag will be pretty bad as well.

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Your so lucky you are finally able to see your fiancee smile.png Wish my fiance was coming also but he will be doing his interview when your fiancee leaves. haha. Have a safe trip Janen smile.png Did you book a one way ticket?

Thanks! Your fiance will be flying soon. I can't believe how fast everything went. Yes, I booked a one-way ticket. It's Delta airlines booked on Expedia.

It has also been 8 years since I moved here, but from the Philippines. Yeah, it sucks living in the South. I know that no matter where you go, you're not safe anymore, but it would be nice to move. Lol. I don't even know what to tell you, the only Filipinos that I get to see and meet are my mom's friends, and they live all the way in McDonough. For Asian Markets, we go to H-Mart (Jonesboro) and Mega Mart (Duluth).. she'll find the Filipino seasonings and a lot of Filipino stuff over there. smile.png Haven't heard of the Filipino Food Truck, once my fiance gets here, we might just try it. biggrin.png

Just let her settle for a little bit though, then you can drag her everywhere you want. Lol! The jet lag will be pretty bad as well.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFilipinoFoodTruck is their Facebook page. They are usually at the Midtown food truck park on Howell Mill.

I'm going to let her rest until Labor Day weekend. We are planning on going to Tybee Island (aka Savannah Beach) with a friend of mine and his girlfriend. Or if that doesn't pan out we are going to go to a beach in North Carolina (where I'm from) to stay at my uncles beach house and visit my family there. Got to get her a beach trip in before it starts getting cold here. I know the jet lag usually takes me about a week to get over.

Thanks! It's been a long 8 months haha.

So, you are in Atlanta too? What part? I'm in the Vinings area.

We are down in Macon...Make sure you carry here up to the Buford Rd farmers market

Also really good Pinoy food at Kuya's at the Asian mall in Duluth (Kuya's has great prices also)

Lot of Pinay live in your area and lot of little social groups. She will find her circle of friends quickly

Thanks! Your fiance will be flying soon. I can't believe how fast everything went. Yes, I booked a one-way ticket. It's Delta airlines booked on Expedia.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFilipinoFoodTruck is their Facebook page. They are usually at the Midtown food truck park on Howell Mill.

I'm going to let her rest until Labor Day weekend. We are planning on going to Tybee Island (aka Savannah Beach) with a friend of mine and his girlfriend. Or if that doesn't pan out we are going to go to a beach in North Carolina (where I'm from) to stay at my uncles beach house and visit my family there. Got to get her a beach trip in before it starts getting cold here. I know the jet lag usually takes me about a week to get over.

Sounds lovely! Would like to go to Myrtle Beach.. some beach before fall falls.. and I was planning to do that when my fiance gets here. We were trying to push for an interview towards the end of August, but it looks like it's not gonna happen.

Thanks for the info about the food truck. I'm looking forward to try that!! :D

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Darn I just posted to you about Kuyas yes it is very good

Use to be a place on Buford HWy near the Farmers Market Went out of Biz..It was called the FIL AM Star Cafe or something like that

I will in box you..We will hook her with some contacts in ATL.

Sounds lovely! Would like to go to Myrtle Beach.. some beach before fall falls.. and I was planning to do that when my fiance gets here. We were trying to push for an interview towards the end of August, but it looks like it's not gonna happen.

Thanks for the info about the food truck. I'm looking forward to try that!! biggrin.png

Things will move fast once you get the MNL# from NVC. Hang in there, you guys are a few months ahead of many people here. I can't believe how fast everything went once we got MNL#.

Darn I just posted to you about Kuyas yes it is very good

Use to be a place on Buford HWy near the Farmers Market Went out of Biz..It was called the FIL AM Star Cafe or something like that

I will in box you..We will hook her with some contacts in ATL.

Sounds good.

After a 3 hour delay in Manila she is finally on a plane to Atlanta! Delta delayed her connecting flight, so she was able to make it. I was worried she was going to be spending the night in Japan.

She is scheduled to land in Atlanta in 10 hours! I'm sure i'll be very productive at work today. I took the rest of the week off! So excited. But, I only slept 2 hours last night so it's going to be a rough day.

Oh wow... I guess... you are not sleeping anymore... waiting for Janenkicking.gif .

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

After a 3 hour delay in Manila she is finally on a plane to Atlanta! Delta delayed her connecting flight, so she was able to make it. I was worried she was going to be spending the night in Japan.

She is scheduled to land in Atlanta in 10 hours! I'm sure i'll be very productive at work today. I took the rest of the week off! So excited. But, I only slept 2 hours last night so it's going to be a rough day.

Ahhh the memories

My wife's Korean Air flight from Manila was also late 3 hours. Barely made the plane in Korea.

Ahhh the memories

My wife's Korean Air flight from Manila was also late 3 hours. Barely made the plane in Korea.

Heck, my wife missed the connector in JFK to Atlanta. I drove up from Warner Robins to meet a 7PM flight. She actually arrived at 1AM then next morning and was not a happy camper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.