Mike&Janssel

Visa approved but Administrative Processing?

35 posts in this topic

I was told that if they specifically informed you at the interview that you were approved, it will be ok. Just be patient. Don't worry about the website showing "administrative processing". Technically, they are " administratively processing" your visa. It takes time for them to print out all the paperwork to put in the envelope and also to add the visa onto your passport.

My husband got interviewed last week (Wednesday) and he was approved. At his (Morocco) consulate, they specifically told him to go back the following Tuesday to pick up his visa. (And he did! YAY!) But that very evening after his interview. I logged on to check the CEAC website, and the status had changed it to "administrative processing" and I freaked out. I guess from reading so much on this Visa Journey website, people has twisted the term AP into a negative thing. I was thinking...what the heck happened because my hubby was approved?

I confided with an experienced Visa Journey person and she reassured me that if at the interview, he was told he was approved, then don't worry about it. The computer system may be slow in updating. So sure enough, I checked the website the next night, the status was already updated to "issued".

In my opinion, I think the term "administrative processing" has gotten a bad rep from the years. I think it's just a term they use after the interview because it's like the last step to process the case file's paperwork. For other people who has been waiting for months and months, there has to be something more to their case. (ie background checks, missing important documents, inadequate financial support, or one of the 221g reasons)

I don't believe at the interview, they would tell the person they were approved and then they are put in "AP" for months and months with no explanation. There has to be something they need to remedy. But again in the MENA countries, it has been a common thing due to further background checks. But who knows...my husband is from a MENA country and we have a big age difference too. And we were approved. So I truly believe it all depends on each individual case and there is not a black and white answer on how everything is done. .

So my guess is that there are SO MANY petitions/approvals from the Philippines, it's just a backup on their workload. And we know how tough the Casablanca one is. So it took 5 days to get his. Overall, we already know there's no rhyme or reason to the US government...we already survive the visa process from the USCIS stage to the NVC stage and then to the Interview.

So be patient a little longer, you are almost there (final stretch). Good luck and best wishes! Let us know when you have it in your hot little hands! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if your senator inquires on your behalf they will respond in 24 hrs....yes consulate said 3 weeks deliver...yes were still in administrative processing

Oh I see. When we learned that we are in AP, he told me something about that senator and for me its just confusion because I dont know if the senator can help but who would like to just sit around and do nothing, right? The consulate didnt say any exact time when I will get it. I just based on what usually the embassy is issuing. Please tell me if you get the visa. I hope we all survive this.

Timeline

I was told that if they specifically informed you at the interview that you were approved, it will be ok. Just be patient. Don't worry about the website showing "administrative processing". Technically, they are " administratively processing" your visa. It takes time for them to print out all the paperwork to put in the envelope and also to add the visa onto your passport.

My husband got interviewed last week (Wednesday) and he was approved. At his (Morocco) consulate, they specifically told him to go back the following Tuesday to pick up his visa. (And he did! YAY!) But that very evening after his interview. I logged on to check the CEAC website, and the status had changed it to "administrative processing" and I freaked out. I guess from reading so much on this Visa Journey website, people has twisted the term AP into a negative thing. I was thinking...what the heck happened because my hubby was approved?

I confided with an experienced Visa Journey person and she reassured me that if at the interview, he was told he was approved, then don't worry about it. The computer system may be slow in updating. So sure enough, I checked the website the next night, the status was already updated to "issued".

In my opinion, I think the term "administrative processing" has gotten a bad rep from the years. I think it's just a term they use after the interview because it's like the last step to process the case file's paperwork. For other people who has been waiting for months and months, there has to be something more to their case. (ie background checks, missing important documents, inadequate financial support, or one of the 221g reasons)

I don't believe at the interview, they would tell the person they were approved and then they are put in "AP" for months and months with no explanation. There has to be something they need to remedy. But again in the MENA countries, it has been a common thing due to further background checks. But who knows...my husband is from a MENA country and we have a big age difference too. And we were approved. So I truly believe it all depends on each individual case and there is not a black and white answer on how everything is done. .

So my guess is that there are SO MANY petitions/approvals from the Philippines, it's just a backup on their workload. And we know how tough the Casablanca one is. So it took 5 days to get his. Overall, we already know there's no rhyme or reason to the US government...we already survive the visa process from the USCIS stage to the NVC stage and then to the Interview.

So be patient a little longer, you are almost there (final stretch). Good luck and best wishes! Let us know when you have it in your hot little hands! smile.png

Awww Thank you Ismael&Blair. You know, I'm thinking that AP is what they are doing while reviewing and printing the visa. But can't blame me or to anybody who got it that complaining like this because some of our fellow applicants got theirs after 4 to 5 working days. And its frustrating because you got approved and you are expecting it so much in the world and it will turn out to be AP. Of all the people I know that they got AP, I'm a bit glad that they told me I'm approved on my interview day because that means on their 'initial review' on my papers, I passed. They didnt give me any follow up documents I need to send to them and that's what made it feel like everything is ok, everything went well. Also, they are slow in updating it because I last checked it awhile ago and it was updated yesterday and not today.

I'm also freaking out to reading much also here in VJ of some people are months and months of waiting so I'm really in the edge of my seat that what if it will happen to me. But reading also of all your comments and wonderful experience on this matter I'm so glad that some got them in just few weeks. Especially, to those who got approved but turn out to be AP in the end just like what your husband experienced.

I know this is the final stretch and all our hairs pulled out of our head screaming WE ARE ALMOST THERE. hahaha. We just can't wait to be together. That's what this waiting is a killer.

Thank you so much for this comment and Congratulations. Yes, I'll inform you all what will be next. Thank you again. :)

Wow..... I hear you guys... I'm on the same page just that I just got my approved visa last week 08th of August. So it is hard to tell my waiting period. But based on this link http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/our-case-status.html of Robb&Ann's page their status is almost the same as mine right now.

I'm not sure if there will be a change in my status today mine is "AP" since yesterday. We'll see normal waiting is two weeks, all fingers are crossed right now.. both my hands and feet (toes) hahahaha.....

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

Wow..... I hear you guys... I'm on the same page just that I just got my approved visa last week 08th of August. So it is hard to tell my waiting period. But based on this link http://philippinefiancevisa.weebly.com/our-case-status.html of Robb&Ann's page their status is almost the same as mine right now.

I'm not sure if there will be a change in my status today mine is "AP" since yesterday. We'll see normal waiting is two weeks, all fingers are crossed right now.. both my hands and feet (toes) hahahaha.....

We are all in the same boat. I just had mine days earlier but they are not yet updating it so still AP. Tell me if you guys get your visa or your status update to Ready. We are so READY to fly! Hahahha Goodluck to us....

CEAC Visa Status Check as of 2:30pm - ISSUED!!!dancin5hr.gif

Edited by dahlia0811

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

OMG!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! That's great news! YEHEY!

Thank you!!! I hope this is for real....well you'll never know.... CEAC status sometimes unpredictable!

Timeline

Thank you!!! I hope this is for real....well you'll never know.... CEAC status sometimes unpredictable!

Yeah... Tell me if you get your visa ha.... Again, Congratulations!

We just came out of ap also

Issued today

Only ap for 24 hours though. I hope your file gets to issued soon

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Granted, there's been an incredible number of approvals from PI over the past few months. It's like an exodus going on in the country. Still, it's another set of bureaucratic nonsense we have to deal with.

K1 -- 129F: 3/15/13 + NOA1: 3/22/13 + NOA2: 7/1/13 + NVC: 7/20/13 + MED: 8/4/13 + USEM: 8/23/13 + K1: 8/31/13 + CFO: 9/4/13 + POE: 9/7/13

AOS -- CIVIL: 9/14/13 + NOA1: 10/10/13 + BIO: 10/17/13 + INT: 7/8/14 + 131: 11/23/13 + 765: 12/13/13 + 485: 7/15/14

ROC -- NOA1: ? + BIO: ? + INT: + 751: ?

NAT -- NOA1: ? + BIO: ? + INT: ? + N400: ?

Timeline

We just came out of ap also

Issued today

Only ap for 24 hours though. I hope your file gets to issued soon

Thank you for updating us... And Congratulations!!!! I hope and pray it will be next week. Tell me guys if you get your visa. Thank you and congratulations again.

Timeline

Granted, there's been an incredible number of approvals from PI over the past few months. It's like an exodus going on in the country. Still, it's another set of bureaucratic nonsense we have to deal with.

Oh you are in AP too? For how long now? When was your interview? This is ridiculous, if everything you sent are perfect and they say you are approved then you will be put on AP for few weeks without informing you is a disaster. Hope you guys get that visa soon....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.