Cha n Nel

CFO Cebu 08.12.13

15 posts in this topic

For Cebu, the addy for the CFO is:

2nd Floor, Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner

MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines

6D431A84-DB1C-4132-94A6-51D6D16DC09E-719

5:50AM - Arrived to get a priority number. Believe it or not an employee was already there (If you arrive later, you will have to deal with the lady guard and mind you she is not as accomodating). He asked if I had the ff.:

1. Passport and a photocopy of the biometric page

2. Visa and a photocopy of it

3. Birth Certificate and a photocopy of it

4. Marriage Certificate and a photocopy of it

5. 2 valid Ids and and their respective photocopies (they allowed both Id's back to back on the same page)

He gave me the priority number and write my name on the log book told me to come back before 8:00 AM

7:45 AM went back after eating breakfast and killed time in Mcdonald's

7:50 AM We were allowed inside the CFO office, lots of chairs and the office is airconditioned (don't bring entourages especially kids, CFO wont like that)

25EA36B0-C7D9-48CE-A3B1-A033140630BC-719

9:00 AM my priority number was called, lady check my documents again and gave me a form to fill up

9:30 AM got called by name by another lady who checked my form if there are missing information

10:30 AM got called by name for picture taking and was asked to come back by 1:00 PM

1:00 PM back at CFO office

1:30 PM got called for the seminar and paid 400php (we were mixed with the immigrants for other countries)

2:30 PM Watched videos

3:30 PM Group counselling with USA and Canadian immigrats

4:45 Interview with the counselor. My interview was more of a casual conversation.

How did your wife migrate?

What was her course/major ?

How come it took her that long to get married ?

How come she got her citizenship after 12 years

Asked to show photos

It was pretty fast and easy. Mind you I think what they were looking for are immigrants who are timid and who don't know their partners well. It is part of their lecture that you have to be confident and assertive . It also helped that I am a callcenter trainer and is exposed to the American style workplace and clients plus I did go to the US back in 2011 for training.

5:00 Got the certificate and sticker

It was long day, not to mention I had to attend a company party the night before and only had 2 hours of sleep.

Honestly I really thought the CFO thing is a bunch of malarkey and bullcrap of added redtape. But after bunched with immigrants who are not as educated and is also a bit naive and timid...I now come to appreciate its purpose to educate...my only wish is that they made the whole process more efficient.

Being that women give the colorblind gene to their sons does the mother have to be a MAC user then?

Are all mothers with the colorblind gene colorblind?

For Cebu, the addy for the CFO is:

2nd Floor, Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner

MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines

6D431A84-DB1C-4132-94A6-51D6D16DC09E-719

5:50AM - Arrived to get a priority number. Believe it or not an employee was already there (If you arrive later, you will have to deal with the lady guard and mind you she is not as accomodating). He asked if I had the ff.:

1. Passport and a photocopy of the biometric page

2. Visa and a photocopy of it

3. Birth Certificate and a photocopy of it

4. Marriage Certificate and a photocopy of it

5. 2 valid Ids and and their respective photocopies (they allowed both Id's back to back on the same page)

He gave me the priority number and write my name on the log book told me to come back before 8:00 AM

7:45 AM went back after eating breakfast and killed time in Mcdonald's

7:50 AM We were allowed inside the CFO office, lots of chairs and the office is airconditioned (don't bring entourages especially kids, CFO wont like that)

25EA36B0-C7D9-48CE-A3B1-A033140630BC-719

9:00 AM my priority number was called, lady check my documents again and gave me a form to fill up

9:30 AM got called by name by another lady who checked my form if there are missing information

10:30 AM got called by name for picture taking and was asked to come back by 1:00 PM

1:00 PM back at CFO office

1:30 PM got called for the seminar and paid 400php (we were mixed with the immigrants for other countries)

2:30 PM Watched videos

3:30 PM Group counselling with USA and Canadian immigrats

4:45 Interview with the counselor. My interview was more of a casual conversation.

How did your wife migrate?

What was her course/major ?

How come it took her that long to get married ?

How come she got her citizenship after 12 years

Asked to show photos

It was pretty fast and easy. Mind you I think what they were looking for are immigrants who are timid and who don't know their partners well. It is part of their lecture that you have to be confident and assertive . It also helped that I am a callcenter trainer and is exposed to the American style workplace and clients plus I did go to the US back in 2011 for training.

5:00 Got the certificate and sticker

It was long day, not to mention I had to attend a company party the night before and only had 2 hours of sleep.

Honestly I really thought the CFO thing is a bunch of malarkey and bullcrap of added redtape. But after bunched with immigrants who are not as educated and is also a bit naive and timid...I now come to appreciate its purpose to educate...my only wish is that they made the whole process more efficient.

Hi congrats for attaining your CFO sticker already...my husband still on the process of attaining one..but got a few confusion..and hope you will be able to help us. Just wanna ask about bringing the visa..does it mean bring the whole thing from 2go? my husband said theres like a note that says "do not open" so I wasn't so sure exactly what he needs to photocopy..Please helphelpsmilie.gif

event.png

event.png

06/08/2006 - Bf & Gf

04/25/2011 - Married

10/22/2012 - I-130 sent

10/26/2012 - receipt# txt & email (MSC)Priority date 10/26

10/27/2012 - check cashed in

01/22/2013 - NOA2 hoorayyy!

01/23/2013 - Email Post Decision Activity

02/18/2013 - Received by NVC

03/11/2013 - Received email from NVC with DS-3032 &

AOS bill generated

03/13/2013 - Pay AOS bill ($88)

04/01/2013 - Received Email DS3032 accepted

04/01/2013 - Received Email IV bill been generated

04/02/2013 - Pay IV bill ($230)

04/06/2013 - IV bill shows Paid

04/10/2013 - Mailed AOS package

06/05/2013 - Mailed IV bill

06/21/2013 - Case Complete (via phonecall NVC)

06/28/2013 - Receive Confirmation Case complete (via Email)

07/15/2013 - Receive Email of Packet 4 (Interview date)

08/06/2013 - Scheduled Interview

~*~*APPROVED~*~*~

On my end, I just took out my passport from the packet and left everything else as is. They would need to see the passport and of course the visa in it. You need to photocopy information page of the passport and of course the visa. You will also need to photocopy the Immigrant data summary sheet that is attached to the sealed envelope. DO NOT REMOVE THAT. You can still have the Immigrant data summary sheet photocopied even with the plastic wrapped around the whole packet. Hope that helps.

Hi congrats for attaining your CFO sticker already...my husband still on the process of attaining one..but got a few confusion..and hope you will be able to help us. Just wanna ask about bringing the visa..does it mean bring the whole thing from 2go? my husband said theres like a note that says "do not open" so I wasn't so sure exactly what he needs to photocopy..Please helphelpsmilie.gif

On my end, I just took out my passport from the packet and left everything else as is. They would need to see the passport and of course the visa in it. You need to photocopy information page of the passport and of course the visa. You will also need to photocopy the Immigrant data summary sheet that is attached to the sealed envelope. DO NOT REMOVE THAT. You can still have the Immigrant data summary sheet photocopied even with the plastic wrapped around the whole packet. Hope that helps.

Oh thank you..I'll relate this info to my husband...Is the visa the sticker attached to the passport? if so..does is says the visa number on it? My husband is a bit concerned about the package from 2go that said "do not open"..he said it was ripped on the side about an inch or so...maybe because of rough handling. I told him to leave it as it is..so custom wont think that it has been tampered. Thanks again for all your helpsmile.png ..we're almost done with the journey.

event.png

event.png

06/08/2006 - Bf & Gf

04/25/2011 - Married

10/22/2012 - I-130 sent

AOS bill generated

~*~*APPROVED~*~*~

yes the visa is a sticker attached to the passport, the visa number is found on the lower right and written in red.

Oh thank you..I'll relate this info to my husband...Is the visa the sticker attached to the passport? if so..does is says the visa number on it? My husband is a bit concerned about the package from 2go that said "do not open"..he said it was ripped on the side about an inch or so...maybe because of rough handling. I told him to leave it as it is..so custom wont think that it has been tampered. Thanks again for all your helpsmile.png ..we're almost done with the journey.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the envelope is torn at POE that can cause issues. If the DO NOT OPEN envelope is ripped or torn contact the embassy, explain how its torn and see what the embassy wants to do. The corner cut off is normal and not an issue.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If the envelope is torn at POE that can cause issues. If the DO NOT OPEN envelope is ripped or torn contact the embassy, explain how its torn and see what the embassy wants to do. The corner cut off is normal and not an issue.

thanks hank...yeah my husband said..its just on the side of the envelope...not on the actual sealed part..so I think were still safe.

event.png

event.png

06/08/2006 - Bf & Gf

04/25/2011 - Married

10/22/2012 - I-130 sent

AOS bill generated

~*~*APPROVED~*~*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.