6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm sure there's been a question similar to this, but I thought I'd refresh and throw it out there again.

We submitted our AoS package early in July. We triple checked everything, signed everything, made sure we didn't paperclip or what have it for the Chicago Lockbox... We sent it.

I had my biometrics appointment last Tuesday, and everything went smoothly.

I checked our progress online a few days afterwards, and it said that they had sent a letter to request more evidence. We received it on Saturday, and they're wanting us to resubmit our I-864 (Affidavit of Support) with the most recent federal tax transcript? What.

That's all it said. No reason, no more information; just that I have 83 days to submit the required documentation to them, or my application would be terminated.

We submitted this form, along with 2012, 2011, and 2010 tax transcripts (three years of tax transcripts) and five of my husband's pay stubs (he gets paid every two weeks so this is almost three months worth), to ensure there was evidence that he made well over the required minimum ammount of income. We attached it after the I-864 forms.

So, what gives? A mix up of forms? Or is it really impossible to properly know? Has this happened to anyone else? (I'm sure it has, but it's a relatable question).

Edited by Snag

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

What they are asking is not completely unjustified. You should have filed your 2012 taxes by now, so just order the transcripts and send it to the USCIS. There's no reason for concern.

You can order your transcripts online and FOC from teh IRS website.

Check out this link: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Good luck!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

What they are asking is not completely unjustified. You should have filed your 2012 taxes by now, so just order the transcripts and send it to the USCIS. There's no reason for concern.

You can order your transcripts online and FOC from teh IRS website.

Check out this link: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Good luck!

Thank you, but I guess I should've clarrified a little more. My husband already filed for his 2012 taxes (back in March) and we included the transcripts with our application. :) But, I guess I won't worry - thanks, again.

Timeline

This happens quite often. No real reason to it. Just resubmit it and everything will be good.

Whew - I think I worried for no big deal. New to this. :) Thanks a lot.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Thank you, but I guess I should've clarrified a little more. My husband already filed for his 2012 taxes (back in March) and we included the transcripts with our application. smile.png But, I guess I won't worry - thanks, again.

My bad. Sorry! I reread your post and you said you have already submitted the transcript for 2012.

All the same I would not worry. For all you we know the transcript may have been lost in someone's inbox or something of the kind. Frustrating as it is just send in the docs again. You should be ok.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.