dinasnyder

any one who got approved on July 2013 already get case number or interview schedule?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

we got approved on July 24, 2013, but until now we didnt get case number or interview schedule..does any one who approved on July already get case number and interview schedule?

Same approval date, still waiting. I am gonna ask my fiance to call NVC on this coming 24th since I'm planning to do the medical check up at the end of this month and they need the case number.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get an email saying that it left TSC and was being forwarded to NVC before you got the case number? Was just wondering cause I haven't gotten my case number yet, but also no email

Hi,

We got approved July 24th and had been transferred to Texas beforehand. Got the email to say its been despatched to the NVC yesterday. Will give it a few days and will then start calling for that case number......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on July 28th; I just got off the phone with NVC and they gave the same "up to eight weeks, but can often be sooner" spiel. From what everyone else is saying, though, it sounds like we should expect some movement next week (as the folks from around July 22 had things received at the end of last week, around August 8th).

Filed: Timeline

Same approval date, still waiting. I am gonna ask my fiance to call NVC on this coming 24th since I'm planning to do the medical check up at the end of this month and they need the case number.

My fiancé never called the NVC cuz he said that if we get the approval then it means they are working on our case and also I didn't want him to wait on the phone line for hours just to get numbers. I got packet 3 (by email) from embassy a month (four weeks) after the approval and it contains the Case Number. Have you received the hardcopy of NOA2? You need it for the medical as well.

Don't worry, you'll get the case number soon. Just give them time.

Edited by ButterflyAngelo

we got approved on July 24, 2013, but until now we didnt get case number or interview schedule..does any one who approved on July already get case number and interview schedule?

I got packet 3 (by email) from embassy a month (four weeks) after the approval (NOA2) and it contains the Case Number. Have you received the hardcopy of NOA2? You need it for the medical as well. And when you have all the requirements they ask you will email them to ask for an interview date.

In my opinion, it is better to call DOS to check your case and ask for case number ( waiting time is approximately about 3 minutes). Because you never know what happens to your case file. For example, I have heard someone file got shipped to NRC instead of NVC. That is the good thing to call DOS to check if NVC has received your file yet. Dont assume it already received by Embassy because it could delay your process because the file has shipped to wrong place.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

You only get the enail if you were in tsc i staye in vsc so i got no email.

We got our approval on the 26th from TSC and we did not get anything from them after that. Our NOA2 did not show up in the mail yet nor have we been received by NVC. :(ClockWatch2.gif

event.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

i had the NOA2 letter from uscis, but didn't get any case number from nvc or confirmation letter from nvc. My friends who got approved on 15 july already get the case number+packet 3 from indonesian us embassy on 8 aug,its 3 weeks after noa2. And as she didn't get case number from nvc, but they get from indonesian us embassy.

i had the NOA2 letter from uscis, but didn't get any case number from nvc or confirmation letter from nvc. My friends who got approved on 15 july already get the case number+packet 3 from indonesian us embassy on 8 aug,its 3 weeks after noa2. And as she didn't get case number from nvc, but they get from indonesian us embassy.

True, in my case, we didn't also get the case number from NVC cuz the case number was in the packet 3 given by the US embassy Jakarta (by email). Embassy will email the petitioner first before they email the packet 3 to the beneficiary. I think yours is on its way.

Timeline

We hopes so as we don't know where are we case now, and its 20 days after noa2 and still no news..we use lawyer and they didn't notice anything too..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi,

We got approved July 24th and had been transferred to Texas beforehand. Got the email to say its been despatched to the NVC yesterday. Will give it a few days and will then start calling for that case number......

Thanks for the update. We were transferred to Texas as well, and got approved on July 23rd but still haven't gotten any email that they sent it to NVC. Now I'm starting to get paranoid that we'll be one of those cases that get lost and sent to NRC or something

engaged happy.png - February 2013

129F NOA1 receipt date- March 11, 2013 (NOA1 sent March 13, 2013)

Touched - Name spelling correction - March 20, 2013

Transferred to TSC - July 10, 2013

NOA2 - July 23 smile.png

Shipped to NVC - August 15

NVC Received - August 22

Auckland Consulate Received- August 28

Packet 3 Received - September 7

Medical - September 9

Packet 3 Sent - September 9

Packet 4 Received - Sept 11

Interview - Sept 19

Visa received - Sept 26

POE - 25 December luv.gif

Wedding - 11 January heart.gif

Thanks for the update. We were transferred to Texas as well, and got approved on July 23rd but still haven't gotten any email that they sent it to NVC. Now I'm starting to get paranoid that we'll be one of those cases that get lost and sent to NRC or something

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then....hopefully you'll get that email soon. There seems to be no pattern to follow while going through this....someone gets approved before you etc.

Are you going to start calling the NVC anyway in a few days?

I just want this all sorted and to see my fiance's face as I come through arrivals :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then....hopefully you'll get that email soon. There seems to be no pattern to follow while going through this....someone gets approved before you etc.

Are you going to start calling the NVC anyway in a few days?

I just want this all sorted and to see my fiance's face as I come through arrivals :-)

Thank you :) We tried calling NVC yesterday and they said they don't have it yet. We'll wait until the end of this week and then will start calling again next week

Yes, anticipating seeing my fiance again is all that gets me through all this waiting!! All the best to you and your fiance. Im sure that all will go smoothly from now and that you get to see him very soon! :)

engaged happy.png - February 2013

129F NOA1 receipt date- March 11, 2013 (NOA1 sent March 13, 2013)

Touched - Name spelling correction - March 20, 2013

Transferred to TSC - July 10, 2013

NOA2 - July 23 smile.png

Shipped to NVC - August 15

NVC Received - August 22

Auckland Consulate Received- August 28

Packet 3 Received - September 7

Medical - September 9

Packet 3 Sent - September 9

Packet 4 Received - Sept 11

Interview - Sept 19

Visa received - Sept 26

POE - 25 December luv.gif

Wedding - 11 January heart.gif

Timeline

My fiancé never called the NVC cuz he said that if we get the approval then it means they are working on our case and also I didn't want him to wait on the phone line for hours just to get numbers. I got packet 3 (by email) from embassy a month (four weeks) after the approval and it contains the Case Number. Have you received the hardcopy of NOA2? You need it for the medical as well.

We did, but he didn't send me the original just a copy should be fine right? please say yes, i have enough with Indonesia postal service.

Luckily one of his friend visited here so he gave all the docs I'll need for the interview to his friend and hand over the docs to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.