Jewels562

I-601A waiver success stories or timeline?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Our waiver was filed on March24 & had biometric appt on May2... We received RFE on June25 & turned evidence in by July25 and still no response!! Has anyone had any success stories or a timeline leading to approval of the

I-601A? Wondering if RFE is a bad sign for our case :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Still havent heard anything on our papers yet. Ours was filed in May and i doubt i get any response by October. Called in July and were told that they are only processing papers from Feburary. So I just hope you the best and all you can do is wait.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I filed my husbands i601 on may 17 and got the notice in mail 10 days later I have yet to hear anything since I called yesterday 9-12-13 and they said they are on cases from march 2 and that I should give them another two to three months it seems like it's taking forever. My husband has been separated from me and our children for 1 yr and 9 months now really would like to hear if anyone from may time has heated anything yet

Timeline

You guys should be hearing something some time this month since they are on cases from march good luck I still have another two months

Timeline

I filed my waiver in February 27th and received the notice on March 7th. I was approved on September 12th. I hope this helps GOOD LUCK to all of you!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I had mine approved in Auatria,Viena verry fast,but i had a 5 years stay...i had 2x10 years ban,and one forever ban. Writed the HSL without lawer.....i got all this bans removed,you got to write all hardships you can think of,be shure to have document or third parties affidavids to support it ....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Good luck to all.. I got 10years green card and start with I-130 again ,i went to US ,got divorce and remarry again.....We will survive this one too... You all be strong and never give up

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I filed several I-601A, but here is one of my cases, I submitted form I-601A in May 07,2013 and it was approved in August 09,2013(no RFE).All cases that I filed in April and May,2013 were approved.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filed I601-A on April 3rd. Called on 8/9/13 to check status & was told they were processing Feb 10th applications. Then on August 20th received a letter that it was approved. They had told me it was going to be another 2 months? So just a note to others that not all the information you get from USCIS is totally true. I guess some applications are easier then others.

My wife is from Brazil & has been living in the US for over 8 years & we have been married over 2 years. She did enter the country EWI too. My question is though does anyone know how long it will be until we get an interview appointment? I've been told anywhere from 4 weeks to 4 months.

Thanks. Any information on similar cases would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

uscis updates their website once a month. next update is scheduled AROUND october 15. for sept they updated on sept 17.

My husband's i-601 receipt date is March 5. I'm hoping I will hear something soon. so far wait time for us is 7 months :((

Timeline

Rosymnoz what office is your paperwork at my husbands is also just a i601 and his paperwork is in the nabraska office a m d have they sent you anything yet even just requesting more evidence

Timeline

Rosymnoz what office is your paperwork at my husbands is also just a i601 and his paperwork is in the nabraska office a m d have they sent you anything yet even just requesting more evidence

It's at Nebraska.

They've been working on applications with receipt date of March 2 for almost two months now. My husband's receipt date is March 5...so its eeeeeeeeek! almost there!

The only thing that happened since I mailed the waiver is I changed the mailing address. I originally wrote my husband's address in mexico (his aunt's address) but since no mail was getting

delivered and come to find out I had to use a USA address. So back in May I changed the address to my home address in Chicago.

I call the 800 number a lot to see whats going on and to try to put a service request but they keep telling me that its still under normal processing time, even though its been over four months.

I called about a week ago and the lady I talked to said that they update their website once a month and the next update is going to happen around October 15. So I'm just crossing my fingers and praying we get a update around that time. If I dont see any updates online then I'm going to call back the following week after the 15th.

what's your receipt date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.