27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

FYI, for anyone who must go the Ukraine Embassy. I have read on this site for 10 months how easy the Medical and Embassy Interview is in the Ukraine. We passed the Interview, but my Elena was a wreck after leaving. She was interviewed for 1 1/2 hour. Asked 10 questions, answered all correct....when most are asked 3. They read many letters we exchanged, read many pages of Skype, read many pages of Face Book. Looked at every picture she took with her. The lady interviewing her even left the room twice. Yes, we passed, but this was no cake walk....Be prepared for anything.

Thanks for the info. Our medical is Monday and Visa interview is next Friday at THE Ukraine Embassy. (sorry for the jab- I always wondered why they call it "THE Ohio State University" I do know that correctly stated, the people of Ukraine prefer to leave off "the". This info is good. I Skype today with my fiancé and told her NOT to print out a lot of emails. Thankfully I will talk to her tomorrow and tell her to print out more emails, etc.

BTY What were the 10 questions they asked?

Timeline

is anybody could give me an advice on how to make a follow up regarding our NOA 2 ? until now we're still waiting. its already been one year since my fiance received the NOA 1. whom should we contact and inquire regarding the status of of our NOA 2? anyone could help me would be a great help and highly appreciated sad.png

1) do a service request with USCIS

2) schedule an info pass at a local USCIS office, and there you will find out more than calling

3) Call uscis and ask for Tier 2. They may be able to help

4) get your congressman and both Senators involved!

5) contact USCIS ombudsman.

Edited by batallion9

Timeline

Thanks for the info. Our medical is Monday and Visa interview is next Friday at THE Ukraine Embassy. (sorry for the jab- I always wondered why they call it "THE Ohio State University" I do know that correctly stated, the people of Ukraine prefer to leave off "the". This info is good. I Skype today with my fiancé and told her NOT to print out a lot of emails. Thankfully I will talk to her tomorrow and tell her to print out more emails, etc.

BTY What were the 10 questions they asked?

They asked 1) where I worked, 2)what was my job, 3)how many children I had, 4) what was their ages 5)what was their birth dates 6)how long I had been divorced 7)when did my x wife pass away 8) how did she die 9) my parents name 10)where do they live

Timeline

I am sorry they put her thru that, but it is done and I am happy for both of you. Now you can start your lives together in the USA.

It has been a year and the d-bags in VSC are still screw with us. I cannot wait to get to the emabssy. I will be going with her if they approve us in my life time. Any lawyers out there who want to start a class action suit agains VSC and USCIS?

Good to both of you and your future together Love will prevail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

After all the BS I have went through so far I wont be suprised at any other BS thats still to come ! and dont take the BS about THE UKRAINE or just Ukraine, its people who have nothing better to do then to make dumb remarks like that. personaly he is most likely one of those people who voted for Obama anyway ! LOL

I can assure you Baron did not vote for Obama

You ended your journey and I seriously doubt you had anything of the complications Baron and his lovely wife Alla had to endure. You simply do not know the man and should refrain from making judgements. He endured far more than 99.9% of VJ members to be together with his wife

There is more to it than "spelling" Ukraine legislatively made its name "Ukraine". There is NO "the" in Russian or Ukrainian, the word does not exist. The former name of the country which we translated to "THE Ukraine" can actually be a pejorative. At least a statement of inferiority.

Anyone cosidering marrying a womn from Ukraine should know that.

You are no longer considering marrying a woman from Ukraine, so it does not matter.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

They asked 1) where I worked, 2)what was my job, 3)how many children I had, 4) what was their ages 5)what was their birth dates 6)how long I had been divorced 7)when did my x wife pass away 8) how did she die 9) my parents name 10)where do they live

These are "identifying" questions. Alla was asked these in her green card interview. They are not realted to your relationship, per se.

There can be a thousand reasons for this...none of them they will tell you about. It has happened that something has fallen through with one person and they have tried to substitute another woman for an approved petition. These questions were taken directly off your petition and G-325 and if she knows the answers they know she is the "real deal"

Just a verification. It can happen again, be prepared.

Congratulations

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Oh a Spelling Bee Contest. Where exactly is the UCrain? protest6wz.gif

Funny Tim. I understand you are being humorous.

Maybe start calling your wife's country "The US Philippines Territory" That was its former name before it was an independent country. I am sure she won't care.

Or maybe "Philip Teens" rofl.gif

Thanks for the info Nate! My fiancée has an interview scheduled for a couple of weeks from now. You are right, to read the reviews of the embassy you would believe the interview is a cakewalk. We will prepare for a stressful and difficult interview and hope for an easy one smile.png

good.gif

That's how it is done!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Perhaps you had a lot of red flags?

Could have been a name match with someone. We had one case here where a woman was applying for a K-1 visa for her male Russian fiance. Unknown to them his EX wife in Russia was also applying for a K-1 at the same time! Oh, well, just imagine what they thought of THAT! Their case got put into AP for a long time and finally denied They just abandoned the petition and started over. The 2nd time he got approved and the consulate finally explained the issue. It was simply a strange coincidence.

There are more things in heaven and earth.

It could have been a training exercise, a name match to a known fraudulent applicant...anything.

No worries. You prepared and passed!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

offtopic45vn.gif

It's not UCrain.... it's You Crane! ranting33va.giflaughing.gif

Off-Topic2.gif

Not to make too big an issue...but each time I have visited the UK, there seems to be no shortage of people who need to ask me "How are things in 'the colonies'" Cute. I don't give a rats popah and no one is going to get a punch in nose for it from me...after all we kicked them back to the miserable little island...twice...and then saved their bacon...twice. So what would I concern myself with? Sometimes it is just in jest, but it is never respectful.

If you love the woman, learn a little about her country, Ukraine is a wonderful, fascinating country with as much "texture" as I can possibly stand in any one place. Better yet, learn her language. The differences of culture should not be missed as a BENEFIT in your relationship

I do like when the Brits ask me if I "have a gun in the glove box" Heck no! I carry it with me everywhere!rofl.gif "Bloody Hell!"

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.