abraxuss

AP approved but AOS EAD pending RFE review

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I filed AOS/EAD first and then AP separately.

My AP was just approved and went into production.

Does anyone know if this means my EAD may be approved soon also?

I desperately need to get my EAD asap!

FYI, my timeline is as below.

6/5/13 (1) AOS/EAD application submitted

6/7/13 (2) receipt confirmation email from USCIS

6/15/13 (10) receive NOAs

6/17/13 (12) biometric schedule notice

7/2/13 (27) AP application submitted

7/8/13 (33) biometrics as scheduled

7/10/13 (35) RFE issue notice on website

7/15/13 (40) RFE received via mail

7/17/13 (42) RFE response sent back

7/24/13 (49) RFE pending review status change

8/1/13 (57) AP approved and in production web update

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I belive they are issuing combo EAD/AP cards. But yes the other should be right behind.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from Family-Based AOS Process to Family-Based AOS Progress Forum~~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you for the response.

I have read in other threads that EAD is dependent on the AOS RFE review.

But if the AP is approved, do you think that means the RFE response was satisfactory?

Thanks again.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I received an RFE for my AOS and had to send back more evidence for the I-864. My EAD was put on hold until the RFE response was received by USCIS. Shortly after they received my RFE response, I received my EAD card in the mail. I am yet to hear back as to whether the RFE response I sent was satisfactory, it is still sitting on response review and just outside of the 60 days they say they will contact me with a response. I called USCIS to find out more info, but all they could say was my application is within processing times and I can assume that the RFE response was accepted as they haven't requested further information. So now I guess I just have to wait and find out whether my GC is processed at the Benefits Centre or transferred to my local office, who are currently working on cases from December 2012.

I think if they have approved your AP then you will probably get the EAD combo. Good Luck!

Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

I just received a hard copy of the AP papers by mail. No combo card as expected.

No sign of EAD which is what I really need:-(

The web status is still RFE review pending.

It's the 62nd day so maybe I can inquire about it at the uscis?

Don't they have to respond about its status within 75 days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.