DeWayne&CeCy

How long??

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

does anybody know..... we recieved our noa2 on 7-2-2013 how long before we get notice from nvc?

I'm just guessing it will be at least 3 weeks before you will receive a paper snail mail notice (because of the 4th of July holiday and weekends)... but if I were in your situation, I'd begin to call the NVC this Monday, the 15th. They will probably ask what your current case number is and when you received your NOA2, and perhaps some other identifiable information, and then they will either tell you that you need to wait longer or they will ask you what is it you wish to know? Hopefully they will ask you what you wish to know and that is when you "politely" ask if they can tell you your new case number... I only called them 2 times... first time they said, "wait longer", then I called back, a few days later, and I got our new case number... The paper notice arrived a week later... it's your choice to wait for the mail or to be "politley proactive". wink.png ... Good luck on your journey smile.png

Edited by TravelingFrog6476

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm just guessing it will be at least 3 weeks before you will receive a paper snail mail notice (because of the 4th of July holiday and weekends)... but if I were in your situation, I'd begin to call the NVC this Monday, the 15th. They will probably ask what your current case number is and when you received your NOA2, and perhaps some other identifiable information, and then they will either tell you that you need to wait longer or they will ask you what is it you wish to know? Hopefully they will ask you what you wish to know and that is when you "politely" ask if they can tell you your new case number... I only called them 2 times... first time they said, "wait longer", then I called back, a few days later, and I got our new case number... The paper notice arrived a week later... it's your choice to wait for the mail or to be "politley proactive". wink.png ... Good luck on your journey smile.png

I know I have it somewhere but do you know that number?

DeWayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

does anybody know..... we recieved our noa2 on 7-2-2013 how long before we get notice from nvc?

Sorry to bust your bubble but what they are telling you would be correct, if your case was at CSC. If your case stayed at VSC and was not transferred, then you have a chance to get number in 3 weeks. If you were transfer from VSC to TSC, then you may have to wait up to 8 weeks. TSC only recently started forwarding approved cases to NVC. Some cases approved 4 weeks ago are still at TSC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sorry to bust your bubble but what they are telling you would be correct, if your case was at CSC. If your case stayed at VSC and was not transferred, then you have a chance to get number in 3 weeks. If you were transfer from VSC to TSC, then you may have to wait up to 8 weeks. TSC only recently started forwarding approved cases to NVC. Some cases approved 4 weeks ago are still at Tsc

True but some are not. just read of one transfer same as my date and noa2 abt same as well just got transfer notice to dos and have seen several others . Dont think I will be waiting another 8 weeks. perfer to see the glass as half full.one thing I have learned in this journey is it will happen when it happens. We all just look for positive things to help with the lonely wait. But thank you for your insight

DeWayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.