kingofbanff

my kid gets a ssn before me!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got married in January. Did the K3 thing. Knocked the wife up in Paris in March. Baby due next week. Takes about 2 weeks to get a kid a SSN. Me...still can't get an SSN. Managed to get a bank account and a drivers license, but it sure would be nice to get a credit card instead of using my Canadian ones.

We make over a million bucks a year and got RFE'd cause we sent 3 years tax returns but not the one for 2005 because it it really complex and wasn't done at the time we applied for AOS.

As a single Canadian, I could just come and live here and they wouldn't give a rat's tail. I was already spending over 6 months a year here without any visa. But now that I'm married to one of their citizens, it becomes MORE difficult????

Shouldn't the guy wasting time on my file be looking for immigration fraud instead?

Oh well...we are very fortunate in so many ways and it really doesn't affect us much...but one does have to laugh...

"Never pet a burning dog." Euclid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Your kid will get a ssn first bc your kid is concidered an american citizen if being born in USA and the mother is the USC. biggest reason, is bc the birth place is USA. and the filing of the ssn is done at the hospital the day after or of the birth.

and as for the RFE, they dont care how much money you make, weather its a million or a hundred, they need the most recent and 2005 was the most recent, even if hadnt filed for it yet bc of complications, if they see that its not in there with the paperwork, then they will rfe for it.

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
and as for the RFE, they dont care how much money you make, weather its a million or a hundred, they need the most recent and 2005 was the most recent, even if hadnt filed for it yet bc of complications, if they see that its not in there with the paperwork, then they will rfe for it.

That isn't exactly true. It says that if the most recent is not available you can send a letter explaining why it isn't...which we did.

We also sent them copies of the money sent in advance to IRS for estimated tax payments for 2005 which was over $500,000. You think they could figure out that if we sent $500,000 in to cover our taxes, we might have made more than the poverty level?

"Never pet a burning dog." Euclid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

That isn't exactly true. It says that if the most recent is not available you can send a letter explaining why it isn't...which we did.

We also sent them copies of the money sent in advance to IRS for estimated tax payments for 2005 which was over $500,000. You think they could figure out that if we sent $500,000 in to cover our taxes, we might have made more than the poverty level?

for whatever their reason, they wanted the papers, so they sent an RFE. it sucks. i thought it was stupid that they wanted marriage cert for me and my husband before we were married and still engaged.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.