trumble88

Anyone waiting for/recently received interview appointment at London embassy?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am looking to find out average/approximate timings from the date of your medical to when you receive an appointment letter and then the interview date?

I am currently in the US and flying to the UK for this and obviously want to be in London for as short a time as possible. ( On that note, is it possible to have the medical in the US??)
Is it also an option to call embassy once you have your appointment and let them know you are available on short notice in case of any cancellations? Has anyone done this - and has it worked?

Thanks!

Hi - you're going to struggle with this one a bit because they won't schedule the interview without the medical results. And you can only get the medical done in London if you're applying thorough London.

I too though of heading to the US but realised it just wouldn't be practical unless I came back twice - once for the medical and once for the interview. Or came back just once and waited out the time between both, which is about 4-6 weeks.

It's going to need a stint back in the UK to get it done I'm afraid....

When you return your DS2001 with cover letter, you can state in the letter any travel plans you have and London will try to accommodate you. You shouldn't bet on a cancellation slot though, and assume it's likely to be a number of weeks between your medical and interview.

Also, be aware London does not issue same-day visas. They'll take your passport at interview and courier it back a few days later.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

When you return your DS2001 with cover letter, you can state in the letter any travel plans you have and London will try to accommodate you. You shouldn't bet on a cancellation slot though, and assume it's likely to be a number of weeks between your medical and interview.

Also, be aware London does not issue same-day visas. They'll take your passport at interview and courier it back a few days later.

From submitting packet 3 and having my medical before the 10th of the same month my appointment was scheduled at the end of the same month. I also stated reasons without evidence for an expedited interview.

Timeline

I had my medical on 24th June and sent my DS-2001 form off, which was received at the Embassy on 1st July. I am just waiting to hear of an interview date now.

Looking at others signatures of the time between the medical and the interview I really hope not to be waiting too much longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I sent Packet 3 along with my cover letter (wedding date included) and DS-2001 28th of June. The embassy was due to receive my medical today (8th July) and my case has been updated today on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?, so I'm assuming they have everything now.

Is there a Phone number or any point of contact to the Embassy which we can call to find out if they have everything, and if they have issued an appointment date?

Thank you

I sent Packet 3 along with my cover letter (wedding date included) and DS-2001 28th of June. The embassy was due to receive my medical today (8th July) and my case has been updated today on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?, so I'm assuming they have everything now.

Is there a Phone number or any point of contact to the Embassy which we can call to find out if they have everything, and if they have issued an appointment date?

Thank you

Yeah, you can call either of two numbers, probably depending on what's cheapest for you... :)

There's the Department of State line (US, can't remember the timezone they're in, cheaps to call from US): 202 663 1225 Option 1 then 0, I believe.

And the London embassy line (£1.23 a minute, goes to a call centre): 0904 245 0100

Both lines should be able to see if they've had all your forms/medical results and whether an interview date has been issued (and if so, what it is). They'll need your LND number, beneficiary full name and likely want to confirm a birthdate or mailing address for security.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Thank you for the quick response lost_at_sea smile.png .

Ill get on to that tomorrow, for now I'm going to go back outside and make the most of the weather we are having here in the UK good.gif

Thanks again, Karl.

Thank you for the quick response lost_at_sea smile.png .

Ill get on to that tomorrow, for now I'm going to go back outside and make the most of the weather we are having here in the UK good.gif

Thanks again, Karl.

Good call! I would too, if I were not stuck at work. ;)

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

What ID number do you use for that tracking website?

I have put in the original WAC number and the LND number and neither seem to work?

Thanks

What ID number do you use for that tracking website?

I have put in the original WAC number and the LND number and neither seem to work?

Thanks

CEAC uses LND. Make sure you pick the right drop down option (k1 is non-immigrant, cr1/ir1 are immigrant).

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

CEAC uses LND. Make sure you pick the right drop down option (k1 is non-immigrant, cr1/ir1 are immigrant).

Sorry Lost At Sea, you're wrong there - K1, for the purposes of the CEAC website, is classed as Immigrant. You must check the "Immigrant" option in order for your LND number to work.

Sorry Lost At Sea, you're wrong there - K1, for the purposes of the CEAC website, is classed as Immigrant. You must check the "Immigrant" option in order for your LND number to work.

Fair enough. I bet they kept getting phone calls from people and moved it to that drop down. I wouldn't be surprised if K1 codes just worked with either drop-down selected.

K1 is a non-immigrant visa, though, technically. Just incase that further confuses anyone. :P

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

Click on the IMMIGRANT VISA in the drop down box, then input your LND number, you should then get a little pop up on the website stating your case status and when it was last updated.

Deanna, decided to phone/call the american number yesterday, and they confirmed they had all the paperwork, but no assigned interview date yet!

We are just going to call everyday this week and be like flies around and not leave them alone :)

How long does it take roughly for an interview to be assigned? a week, two weeks?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.