Lucy_Nani

Filing DCF in Lima in a few days are pictures enough proof for a marriage???

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

We don't have a bank account together, we don't have children, we never got a lease, and don't have enough time to get affidavits. I also don't want to translate facebook messages. However I am planning on showing a bunch of pictures with dates on them. Do you think that will be enough evidence or will they want more? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I doubt pictures alone will be enough. If you are filing DCF, you are obviously living together. There has to be some proof you are living together as a married couple. Taxes filed, insurance with both of you on it, wills made out, IDs with the same addresses, etc. You said you did not want to translate Facebook pages, but if you have no other proof wouldn't it be worth it to put aside what you want or don't want and do what is necessary to get an approval?

Your pictures together is ok... but if you have anything to provide like copies of your plane tickets, copies of your passport stamps when you visit your spouse just include it as well.... copy of your emails, chats, text messages and record of your phone calls will do as well... your marriage certificate is also a great proof!

and I don't think you have to translate your words on you chats/ facebook messages... just try to print a copy of it too in various dates...

If you were recently married I dont think that they will expect you to have bunch of joint accounts... so I guess the above suggestions will help you.

Try reading more here in VJ you'll get more ideas regarding proofs from the more experienced VJ members!!

Good luck to you!

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

Your pictures together is ok... but if you have anything to provide like copies of your plane tickets, copies of your passport stamps when you visit your spouse just include it as well.... copy of your emails, chats, text messages and record of your phone calls will do as well... your marriage certificate is also a great proof!

and I don't think you have to translate your words on you chats/ facebook messages... just try to print a copy of it too in various dates...

If you were recently married I dont think that they will expect you to have bunch of joint accounts... so I guess the above suggestions will help you.

Try reading more here in VJ you'll get more ideas regarding proofs from the more experienced VJ members!!

Good luck to you!

hmmm... I am sorry I guess i miss read your post... my answer is not valid... hehehe..

anyways, Good luck to u!

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

Timeline

are you already married or getting married?

Yes we are already married. We have been married since February of this year.

Ok so I will get our lease, I was just really hoping not to have to translate it. What about an affidavit does that need to be notarized?

Timeline

because you are already married your going to need everything the people above listed except you WILL have to show joint accounts and if you have children you will have send their names

....but we don't have a joint bank account, and like I said we don't have children. Does anyone know if the affidavit needs to be notarized?

Filed: Timeline

you should probably get a joint account then and make several transactions using that account. you may not like it but chances are your going to have to do it eventually.

and i am unsure about notarized affidavits considering i dont know why you need them. but your definitly going to need more then just pictures. that alone doesnt prove anything other then you know each other. a copy of your marriage license would be a good one. and like stated before any evidence of you living together insurance bank accounts(which you dont have together, they most likely wont bother with those and will request a joint account) any bills with both your names on it. they may even request you put your spouses name on your house if you own one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

If you are using affidavits from family and friends to support your relationship then they should be notarized. Are you both on the same cell phone plan? do you have any paperwork/bills stating both of your names on it? Since your filing DCF i'm assuming you're living in Peru... do you have mail addressed to the both of you? Christmas/Birthday cards sent to your address in Peru that could prove you do in fact live together?

For a spousal visa they may want to see the joint account/insurance policy... if you have time to spare you may want to try to get these things in both of your names and hold off on filing until after. If you are set on filing now then try to come up with more evidence of the relationship. My fiance and I lived together for a while in Lima and although our lease was only in his name we pointed out that the stamps in my passport and boarding passes proving the time I had lived in Peru corresponded exactly with the dates the apartment was rented. Also if you've gone on trips together try to show boarding passes/bus tickets both of your names and seats next to each other?

sorry, i just re-read the original post... disregard the suggestion about the lease... but any mail addressed to both of you at your residence may help

Edited by jenni17

Timeline

We don't have a bank account together, we don't have children, we never got a lease, and don't have enough time to get affidavits. I also don't want to translate facebook messages. However I am planning on showing a bunch of pictures with dates on them. Do you think that will be enough evidence or will they want more? Thanks!

also, if the facebook messages are in spanish they shouldn't need to be translated...in the instructions my fiance and I received from the Lima embassy about evidence we provide at the interview it says that both english and spanish are fine... so print the fb messages and send those also

Timeline

If you are using affidavits from family and friends to support your relationship then they should be notarized. Are you both on the same cell phone plan? do you have any paperwork/bills stating both of your names on it? Since your filing DCF i'm assuming you're living in Peru... do you have mail addressed to the both of you? Christmas/Birthday cards sent to your address in Peru that could prove you do in fact live together?

For a spousal visa they may want to see the joint account/insurance policy... if you have time to spare you may want to try to get these things in both of your names and hold off on filing until after. If you are set on filing now then try to come up with more evidence of the relationship. My fiance and I lived together for a while in Lima and although our lease was only in his name we pointed out that the stamps in my passport and boarding passes proving the time I had lived in Peru corresponded exactly with the dates the apartment was rented. Also if you've gone on trips together try to show boarding passes/bus tickets both of your names and seats next to each other?

sorry, i just re-read the original post... disregard the suggestion about the lease... but any mail addressed to both of you at your residence may help

Thanks for the info. Yeah I asked the landlord for a contract and he got us one with both our names on it. However it is just a few months old because we just moved in. Also I have been here for so long and we have been living together for a long time, I am hoping that since we are putting the same address on the 325a for the past 2 years hopefully that will also be ok. I am glad I don't have to translate the FB messages, because that is great evidence, with dates and everything. Everyone on here seems to make out the visa application this crazy hard, horrible process but it really doesn't seem to be THAT hard. It was just as difficult if not more difficult to get married here, in Peru. (Well maybe I am speaking too soon?) Hehe well I will let you all know how it goes in a few weeks!

Timeline

Thanks for the info. Yeah I asked the landlord for a contract and he got us one with both our names on it. However it is just a few months old because we just moved in. Also I have been here for so long and we have been living together for a long time, I am hoping that since we are putting the same address on the 325a for the past 2 years hopefully that will also be ok. I am glad I don't have to translate the FB messages, because that is great evidence, with dates and everything. Everyone on here seems to make out the visa application this crazy hard, horrible process but it really doesn't seem to be THAT hard. It was just as difficult if not more difficult to get married here, in Peru. (Well maybe I am speaking too soon?) Hehe well I will let you all know how it goes in a few weeks!

Please do! My fiance and I have our interview scheduled at the embassy for next month so we'll also update all our fellow peruvians on here as to how it went... I think filing DCF you may have an easier time than most people who file through USCIS... it is a quicker process no doubt as to weather they're more lenient with the process I'm not sure but at least you're bypassing a lot of the waiting time by going through the embassy directly... good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.