SaharaSunset

"Transit Visa" needed for layover in Paris enroute to Morocco?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So my husband is going to visit Morocco in 2 weeks, and his flight is direct to Paris, with a 2 hour layover at CGD airport, then on to Casablanca. I have been looking online for info about whether or not he needs a transit visa. The info I'm finding seems to point to No. I even read the France Consulate website, and if I'm understanding it right, I think he's okay.

He has a 2 year conditional Green Card (with just over a year left before we remove conditions). He's only staying for one month, and the ticket is round-trip. I have done this exact flight through Paris myself and for the life of me I can't remember if they make you go through customs, or exactly what happens. He's not planning to leave the airport obviously, he's gonna need to hustle to make his connection. So seems good to go.

But then of course, I read someone's response on a forum here, to a similar question (asked by someone from India), and they told some horror story about a friend passing through Paris and getting sent back to the US because they didn't have a transit visa, even though they just had a 2 hour layover. So now I'm second guessing myself. And now I'm also afraid he'll have trouble when he comes back, where once again he is connecting through Paris, then on to the U.S.

So I'm just wondering if anyone, or anyone's spouse, has gone through Paris on the way to Morocco, and can verify from personal experience that (with a Greencard) no transit visa is necessary? Thanks!

Edited by SaharaSunset

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/what-type-of-visa-do-i-need-to

This says holders of a residence permit from the US are exempt the transit visa.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To the best of knowlege, your husband does not need any transit visa as long as he stays inside the airport. I know many people who have done that and they didn't have any problems at all.

He should be fine as long as he stays in the international area of the airport. This would include, transit from one are to another via the train or bus, as long as he is the secured area.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.