candiizz

Vaccination Records

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went to my doctor yesterday to get my vaccination record; my doctor took over the practice of the physician that delivered me so all my shots and booster records were there from my early years. He gave me a vaccination for polio yesterday and is sending me for the Titer test...I called my local public health unit and given my age; they no longer have my records. I am not sure what else to do to support my vaccinations etc....at the medical examination will the panel physician recommend or give the vaccinations required ?

If the titre tests come back negative for antibodies, then your doctor can give you the vaccines at no charge.

There's no point in waiting until you medical exam which costs money for the shots if they even do them at all.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

If the titre tests come back negative for antibodies, then your doctor can give you the vaccines at no charge.

There's no point in waiting until you medical exam which costs money for the shots if they even do them at all.

thanks....much appreciated :)

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

I went for my Titer blood test yesterday; the nurse at my doctor's office said it may take 4+ weeks to come back...I will likely have my medical exam booked by then.....does it really take this long ? DANG !!

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

I went for my Titer blood test yesterday; the nurse at my doctor's office said it may take 4+ weeks to come back...I will likely have my medical exam booked by then.....does it really take this long ? DANG !!

Was about 10 days for my results.

They had long since destroyed my vaccination records when I went hunting for them, so I also got by on just a titers tests.

You can still book your appointment, you will have the results and the requisite boosters you need by the time you have to go, the doc can give them to you when they go over the results of the tests with you, the shots are a stocked item.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That seems like a very long wait. Maybe there's a run for school, but I doubt it. Can you press the office to expedite it?

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Timeline

Can someone give me the list of vaccinations required? Sounds like my hubby is going to need all of them as I am pretty sure he has had none since HS. He will be seeing his doctor next week, I am assuming he could give him the list and go ahead and take care of this now. We are still waiting for our i-130 to be approved so I figure this is one thing we can work on getting in order as we wait.

Timeline

Can someone give me the list of vaccinations required? Sounds like my hubby is going to need all of them as I am pretty sure he has had none since HS. He will be seeing his doctor next week, I am assuming he could give him the list and go ahead and take care of this now. We are still waiting for our i-130 to be approved so I figure this is one thing we can work on getting in order as we wait.

http://panelphysicians.com/Pages/Age6.htm

oldlady.gif

Timeline

most of those he would have gotten when he was a kid.. he should look into getting the blood titers done..

Depends on age.

If he's like 30, there's really no point.

MMR wears off and you'd be out of date on TD.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on age.

If he's like 30, there's really no point.

MMR wears off and you'd be out of date on TD.

well, I was 31 and I did the titer and the MMR showed up..

I never had a tetanus shot so I had to get that anyways. but I am not sure the titers can check for that anyways.

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Actually the nurse told me the only reason measles or mumps wears off is because at my age (32) they tended to only give one MMR when we were children vs the 2 that children receive now. It's really just that particular age group (people early to mid 30's RIGHT NOW.) Titres can check for almost anything, but I agree, unless you remember getting the TD in the last 5-10 years, you might as well get a new one. Better safe than sorry when it comes to those rusty nails! ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Actually the nurse told me the only reason measles or mumps wears off is because at my age (32) they tended to only give one MMR when we were children vs the 2 that children receive now. It's really just that particular age group (people early to mid 30's RIGHT NOW.) Titres can check for almost anything, but I agree, unless you remember getting the TD in the last 5-10 years, you might as well get a new one. Better safe than sorry when it comes to those rusty nails! wink.png

Oh now I wish I still had hubby's records to see what his said but the stupid receptionist lady took them all.

Even the history sheet which didn't matter.

He's 33 so it would make sense then too.

HOWEVER, I think I really remember him having more than one.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As a 30ish male in April 2009, I needed 3 vaccines: Varicella, MMR, and TDap (and it had to be specifically TDap. No other TD vaccine would do). I couldn't get my immunization records easily, and of course my paper copies were buried or long gone, so I got the titers blood tests for Varicella and MMR, free from the province. The immigration medical clinic accepts those blood tests with no problem at all.

Unfortunately, there is no blood test for TDap. I tried to get it from my Manitoba Health doctor, but he wouldn't give it to me because A ) Manitoba uses a different Tuberculosis/Diptheria shot, and B ) because I was out of the age range for it. I notified the immigration medical clinic of this. they said they see this situation all the time, and arranged for me to be able to get TDAp at a travel medical clinic in downtown Vancouver on the morning of my immigration medical, for an extra $50 or so.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.