Falene

Administrative Processing

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, my visa( Cr1) case is on Ap from December 2012 its more than 6 months and Delhi embassy has my passport from past 6 months .

sometimes embassy returns the passport and when Admin. process finish, again ask for submit the passport no need to worry. and during Admin. process embassy do field investigation as they did in our case too immigration officer came at our home and asked questions from my mother and the neighbors too and they note down every thing on a paper, so its their way of investigation and when Ap will finish they will contact till then check status on line this is what all people are on Ap is doing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for reassuring about the passport. I am still worried though because ours is K-1 and the CO did not like that my fiance has not told his sisters about the marriage. Then he said it is a secret marriage. My fiance said no it is not a secret. CO asked if anyone in India knows about this marriage. He replied that yes his friends know about it. I don't think it should matter who knows about our marriage. We are both adults (in our 30s) and we should be free to decide who we want to marry and with who we want to share that information.

Also, is it normal for the CO to be an Indian? I'm not trying to be judgemental, but I think he viewed our marriage negatively because it is not the norm in India.

Edited by Falene

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

we were in AP for 2 months during which they kept his visa ( when we did k-1) they came back with our petition is expired, our final denial was for expiration of petition, so we got married and are even more prepared now. After intial interview which lasted like a minute(long story but I wish I had went with him) I wrote to EVERYONE.. I even wrote the president lol ( Actually got a reply too ) anyhow I have a few friends that have been on VJ who have been on AP for k-1 delhi embassy and things went fine with them after abt 2 months or even a few weeks and some were denied.. there is no way to know .. it depends on what they discover during there investigation and if that convinces them they could very well contact your fiance and ask him to resubmit his passport, I'm sorry if this doesnt help much, but no one can really tell you what is going to happen since every case and situation is different. I still wish you two the best.. catknit on VJ was very helpful as well as a few other people with advice!

Met 10/2009Married 9/13/2012 in indiaFiled I-130 12/4/2012Assigned MSC case # 12/6/20122/14/2013 called uscis and on 1/30/2013 case moved from MSC to Chicago local office.4/17/2013 letter from senator durbin's office that a inquiry will be made on my case and to allow 30-60 days6/7/2013 NOA2 !!!!! while I am visiting my baby!!!!7/12/2013 letter from senator and copy of USCIS email to them stated our case heading to NVC 7/23/2013 NVC # assigned!!!!!!7/25/2013 called for Invoice identification number and had them add yash's email( Yash sent DS3032 via email nex day)7/29/2013 rec'd email from NVC with DS3032 and AOS invoice, paid today $88 mailed hardcopy of DS 30328/1/2013 AOS pkg mail via fed ex8/6/2013 AOS rec'd @NVC8/12/2013 DS3032 accepted IV invoiced8/15/2013 IV fed ex'd9/9/13 dreaded checklist asking for DS260 b/c DS230 obsolete<p>9/11/13 electronic submission of DS260 accepted
9/17/2013 called NVC case was completed as of today

10/1/2013 rec'd interview letter and date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

11/12/2013 email to pick up visa!!!

09/09/15-12/2016 ROC +interview= appproved in over a year

12/21/2016 fedex'd N-400 application and per fedex was rec'd

Timeline

Wow, so they can deny it because the petition has expired? Our petition expires on Aug 8th and I was told most cases are resolved in 60 days. So it will expire before the 60 days have passed which is Aug 18th. Should I try to get an extension on our petition? Is that even possible? I don't think there is anything to discover during the investigation. We have been honest about everything.

Thanks for sharing this with me. I just hope it doesn't drag on too long if they are going to deny it. In that case, we might also get married in India. Of course, I would prefer to get married here and that he gets the visa. It's just very stressful right now.

Timeline

I can totally understand your stressing abt this.. its not easy but yeah the petition with the k-1 visa can expire but fortunately if u do decide to marry and refile (worst case scenario of course) the I-130 for CR-1 doesnt. Unfortunately with all the fraud the Delhi embassy gets they question anything that doesnt follow a certain pattern ( not sure the best way to put that. ) I am older than my husband and regardless of the proof we had they put it in AP and then allowed the petition to expire and that was why it was denied. We went through so much.. and had I know then what I knew now.. I TOTALLY would have just married him there and filed... I mean seriously you can always have another wedding in the US but at least you will have made the commitment we all are looking for and that is a great peace of mind... at least it is for us now as we go for it once again.. oh and BTW we had a lawyer the first time (waste of money) I ended up doing a better fight then my lawyer Deborah Weber( FYI to anyone reading never use this lady!!! she is in minnesota) anyhow I never tried for an extension because it seemed pointless to us .. however if u like go for it.. but to us we wanted to be together permanently and so we got married and now we are doing the best we can going on with life and are ready for whatever the process throws at us ( sorry if that sounds like some lame fairytale) If you have any questions feel free to message me or ask here..

Met 10/2009Married 9/13/2012 in indiaFiled I-130 12/4/2012Assigned MSC case # 12/6/20122/14/2013 called uscis and on 1/30/2013 case moved from MSC to Chicago local office.4/17/2013 letter from senator durbin's office that a inquiry will be made on my case and to allow 30-60 days6/7/2013 NOA2 !!!!! while I am visiting my baby!!!!7/12/2013 letter from senator and copy of USCIS email to them stated our case heading to NVC 7/23/2013 NVC # assigned!!!!!!7/25/2013 called for Invoice identification number and had them add yash's email( Yash sent DS3032 via email nex day)7/29/2013 rec'd email from NVC with DS3032 and AOS invoice, paid today $88 mailed hardcopy of DS 30328/1/2013 AOS pkg mail via fed ex8/6/2013 AOS rec'd @NVC8/12/2013 DS3032 accepted IV invoiced8/15/2013 IV fed ex'd9/9/13 dreaded checklist asking for DS260 b/c DS230 obsolete<p>9/11/13 electronic submission of DS260 accepted

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

Timeline

oh 1 more thing.. whatever you decide to do WAIT UNTIL YOU FIND OUT EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DENIAL IS FOR. You will have to resolve that issue before moving forward. With all that said I am reaaaaaaally hoping your AP is not that long and you get the answer you are looking for!!

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

Timeline

It's really nice to hear that others can understand and that I'm not alone. I think our only options now is to wait and see what happens. Thanks for all your advice!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you have a court marriage or hindu marriage or some other type of marriage? I would like to do a hindu marriage, but I'm not sure if it's possible as a foreigner.

Timeline

It's really nice to hear that others can understand and that I'm not alone. I think our only options now is to wait and see what happens. Thanks for all your advice!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but did you have a court marriage or hindu marriage or some other type of marriage? I would like to do a hindu marriage, but I'm not sure if it's possible as a foreigner.

Sure... no problem.. lets hope for the best!! We did a hindu marriage, you will need to go to the embassy and get a permission to marry affidavit, but its definitely possible.

Edited by sherryandyashpal

11/4/2013 INTERVIEW

RESULT....APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone have experience with AP in India? Also, they did not keep his passport and I'm worried that this is bad news. Should I be concerned about this?

We're u also given same white letter like my wife which states as follows:

We have retained your passport to more quickly process your visa when the processing has been completed.

Please create your profile in by logging on to ustraveldocs.cpm/in in order to pick up your passport from one of the 33 blue dart locations listed in the website.

You may also check the status of your application at http://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

But her passport were not retained & they were returned back to my wife.

Edited by raosaab0202

Timeline

That's what his paper said also even though they did not keep his passport.

Nothing to worry even they did not keep his passport. Remember - this is not the end even if they can not issue the visa for whatever reason. Your chances are not over. But you guys would have to make your case stronger.

During my interview, my passport was returned, and was required to submit some docs thru VFS, and was specially told that not to submit my passport with documents. Then after submitting docs at VFS, few days later, VFS guy called me to submit the passport, then US consulate sent one more 221g and returned my passport. I submitted my docs again with passport, and then within few days, my visa was granted. Big relief!

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Nothing to worry even they did not keep his passport. Remember - this is not the end even if they can not issue the visa for whatever reason. Your chances are not over. But you guys would have to make your case stronger.

During my interview, my passport was returned, and was required to submit some docs thru VFS, and was specially told that not to submit my passport with documents. Then after submitting docs at VFS, few days later, VFS guy called me to submit the passport, then US consulate sent one more 221g and returned my passport. I submitted my docs again with passport, and then within few days, my visa was granted. Big relief!

How long did the process take? I'm willing to give them anything they want. They didn't take any of our relationship evidence. I'm worried that they are not going to give us a chance to make our case stronger.

Timeline

How long did the process take? I'm willing to give them anything they want. They didn't take any of our relationship evidence. I'm worried that they are not going to give us a chance to make our case stronger.

You may check my timeline to get an idea for process timeframe.

Remember even if they may not grant the visa this time, it does not end your chances for future. It does not ban you from re-filling. If things do not work out this time, then make your case very stronger, then re-file. If your case has solid evidences for bonafide relationship, they can not deny your visa ( no matter how odd circumstances are there ). More red flags you have, more solid evidences you would need.

XrVRp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.