Allie Wabbit

Form of Affidavit of Bona Fide Marriage

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJ fam!

Where do I find a sample of a bona fide marriage affidavit? I dont mean sample as to content - I figure this would vary on a case by case basis, but sample as to what it should like on paper..... Do they look like a letter addressed to USCIS and contain the word Affidavit in the re. line or do they look like court submitted Affidavits (I am familiar with the way Canadian affidavits (e.g. affidavit of service) look like)?

Thanks!!!

Hello VJ fam!

Where do I find a sample of a bona fide marriage affidavit? I dont mean sample as to content - I figure this would vary on a case by case basis, but sample as to what it should like on paper..... Do they look like a letter addressed to USCIS and contain the word Affidavit in the re. line or do they look like court submitted Affidavits (I am familiar with the way Canadian affidavits (e.g. affidavit of service) look like)?

Thanks!!!

I am going thru same thing see if this helps.

Affidavit.pdf

y8c98r5.png

Filed DCF March 31 2014

I-130 Approved April 7

MNL Case number April 10

Filled out DS-260

Medical Passed

Made appointment at USEM for interview

INTERVIEW PASSED!! 8/25/14

CEAC WEBSITE SAYS VISA ISSUED

VISA IN POSSESSION 8/29/14

CFO DONE 9/10/14

POE Dallas 9/17/14

Finally Home!

Timeline

Do you not have sufficient evidence?

To begin with, they are mostly useless, but you being a Canadian, pretty much makes them even more pointless.

He lives in the States and I in Canada. We just got married in NJ. We met on a cruise, have taken another 10 day cruise together, been to Istanbul on vacation and have 3 more holidays planned and prepaid (September, December and February of next year). We have a server's worth of chats on Skype and Whatsapp and FB and pictures from here to infinity as despite the distance we have managed to be together every second week for a week (he is a nurse so he makes his own schedule so that it works to our advantage - very costly but oh so worth it). So we dont have joint bank accounts or any of the rest of it... yet.

I was thinking of getting an affidavit from 2 people whom we are friends with and whom we both met on the cruise we met on (one is a law student and the other a policeman) - both are USC. Then we figured affidavits from his family - mom and dad and brother may be helpful. Not sure if I should do one or if my mom should...

I guess am thinking on how to front load so that there is no delay in processing our application once we submit it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, your affidavits will hold no value in the greater scheme of things.

Turn them in if you want, but you don't have to.

They also don't have to be notarized.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Yeah, your affidavits will hold no value in the greater scheme of things.

Turn them in if you want, but you don't have to.

They also don't have to be notarized.

That is too bad... I am not sure what other proof of the marriage we could possibly supply. We wont be able to have one address or bank account until we are approved for the CR-1...

So is the form that was attached above acceptable? I guess I can just take out the part about notarization completely out.

I had heard they had to be notorized. So who knows what gives. I suggest that people like you and I should call the NVC or UCSIS for the straight . JMO.

y8c98r5.png

Filed DCF March 31 2014

I-130 Approved April 7

MNL Case number April 10

Filled out DS-260

Medical Passed

CFO DONE 9/10/14

POE Dallas 9/17/14

Finally Home!

Timeline

Affidavits are barely looked at.

So, do you really think anyone cares if they are notarized?

A notary confirms the person signing it is the person they say they are.

It does not confirm what they write in the letter is true.

Anyone could put anything in those letters.

I had heard they had to be notorized. So who knows what gives. I suggest that people like you and I should call the NVC or UCSIS for the straight ######. JMO.

There's no point in calling NVC for anything in regards to this.

And I'd be curious to see what USCIS told you just purely on laugh factor.

That is too bad... I am not sure what other proof of the marriage we could possibly supply. We wont be able to have one address or bank account until we are approved for the CR-1...

So is the form that was attached above acceptable? I guess I can just take out the part about notarization completely out.

I don't know what you mean 'that's too bad' my point was you have plenty of evidence w/o the letters.

oldlady.gif

I don't know what you mean 'that's too bad' my point was you have plenty of evidence w/o the letters.

So the "funny" thing is that we come here for help. This is supposed to be a site that helps people. So when you say you'd like to know purely on a laugh factor it comes off as offensive. Not sure if you meant it as a bit of sarcasm. Thats how it sounds. If it is supposed to be sarcasm it sucks and because I enjoy this forum so I will keep my comments to that.

y8c98r5.png

Filed DCF March 31 2014

I-130 Approved April 7

MNL Case number April 10

Filled out DS-260

Medical Passed

CFO DONE 9/10/14

POE Dallas 9/17/14

Finally Home!

Timeline

So the "funny" thing is that we come here for help. This is supposed to be a site that helps people. So when you say you'd like to know purely on a laugh factor it comes off as offensive. Not sure if you meant it as a bit of sarcasm. Thats how it sounds. If it is supposed to be sarcasm it sucks and because I enjoy this forum so I will keep my comments to that.

My laugh factor is on what USCIS would possibly tell you.

They are not known for being the smartest.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Oh... I completely misunderstood you. Need another coffee I guess oops8rh.gif

I don't have affidavit of bonafide marriage too. We don't have joint account, too but we managed to got approved NOA2 in 3 months.. All I sent to them are pictures of us and with family and friends and passport stamps of him visiting me..

Thanks! Let's hope we go as fast :)

My laugh factor is on what USCIS would possibly tell you.

They are not known for being the smartest.

I will apologize for not knowing that since I am quite the newbie.

y8c98r5.png

Filed DCF March 31 2014

I-130 Approved April 7

MNL Case number April 10

Filled out DS-260

Medical Passed

CFO DONE 9/10/14

POE Dallas 9/17/14

Finally Home!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.