SLV

Help getting a B-2 Visa for sister inlaw

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Just a little back ground first.

Im a US citizan and my wife is a Permanent Resident. She will be applying for her US citizenship in Aug. We have been married for a little over 3 years and we are expecting our first baby in Jan. She was hoping that her sister could come to the US for a period of time after our child's birth the help her out. However, her sister lives with her parent in Vietnam, so does not own a home. They run a store out of their house so even though she has a job running the store, she is not looked upon by our government as being employed. She is not married and does not have any kids. This all adds up to the US government thinking that there is nothing in Vietnam that would make her want to go back home. They can't believe someone would come to the US just visit. I understand that many people don't but it seems rather unfair for those that wish to come visit and then return home afterwards. Does anyone a have any advise on how to get a B-2 visa for someone in my sister in-laws situation?

Thank

Sam

Edit- Will hiring a immigration law be of any value in this situation?

Edited by SLV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just a little back ground first.

Im a US citizan and my wife is a Permanent Resident. She will be applying for her US citizenship in Aug. We have been married for a little over 3 years and we are expecting our first baby in Jan. She was hoping that her sister could come to the US for a period of time after our child's birth the help her out. However, her sister lives with her parent in Vietnam, so does not own a home. They run a store out of their house so even though she has a job running the store, she is not looked upon by our government as being employed. She is not married and does not have any kids. This all adds up to the US government thinking that there is nothing in Vietnam that would make her want to go back home. They can't believe someone would come to the US just visit. I understand that many people don't but it seems rather unfair for those that wish to come visit and then return home afterwards. Does anyone a have any advise on how to get a B-2 visa for someone in my sister in-laws situation?

Thank

Sam

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do would guaranteed the B1/2.

Being a young, single woman would make is difficult for her to obtain the visa, same time your case might be true and she just might want to visit but numbers show otherwise and hence they are strict issuing B1/2 visa.

As per 2000 they have 2.3 million ppl who forgot to return back to their home country after their visa expired.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I can surely understand why they are skeptical of someone returning, but its sad when you are on the other side of things and trying to do things the right way and only meet rejection.

I can understand your frustration but there are ppl who have abused the system or have taken advantage of the system and unfortunately the later person has to pay the price.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I can surely understand why they are skeptical of someone returning, but its sad when you are on the other side of things and trying to do things the right way and only meet rejection.

It's sad, but there are consequences when there are people who are willing to abuse the visa system.

Did you know that a US consular officer in Ho Chi Minh City made over $10,000,000 selling non-immigrant visas for between $30,000 to $70,000?

That's a lot of Vietnamese who are willing (and could afford to) abuse the non-immigrant visa categories.

The number of visa abusers makes it hard for the legitimate visitor to get a visa.

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you know that a US consular officer in Ho Chi Minh City made over $10,000,000 selling non-immigrant visas for between $30,000 to $70,000?

What someone in the US government taking advantage of a situation to make a lot of money. I'm shocked to hear there is such corruption in the US government. << Sarcasm ;-0

Edited by SLV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.