JoseOr NJessica

Joint Sponsorship for I-864.. HELP!!

8 posts in this topic

I have a few questions about the guidelines. In my last three years of income I do not meet the guidelines mostly because I live out of the country. But I started a new job in October of last year and exceed the minimum by a few thousands. Do i still need to do a joint sponsorship?? If so, can anyone who has done so walk me threw it... I would really appreciate any input.

They will just look at you most recent income. Take a look at this link http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

~* GodsGift225*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's up to the discretion of your approving officer at interview.

As it's been several months since your employment, you should be good, but always have a backup plan just in case someone isn't feeling very generous.

Make sure you include a letter as to why you were not required to file taxes.

oldlady.gif

Also be sure to include an employment verfication letter, which states your currently salary, and a copy of a pay stub, just to be on the safe side.

~* GodsGift225*~

It is up to the CO but my husband started working last year in Sept and we were okay but every case is individual as others have said. Have a back up plan just in case.

Remember to be at the interview with your spouse, in the DR it is a requirement.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

They will just look at you most recent income. Take a look at this link http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

It's up to the discretion of your approving officer at interview.

As it's been several months since your employment, you should be good, but always have a backup plan just in case someone isn't feeling very generous.

Make sure you include a letter as to why you were not required to file taxes.

What kind of letter? I was still able to file me Tax returns but the income was not very high because i was living mostly in the Dominican Rep. and Pregnant for 10 months.

Also be sure to include an employment verfication letter, which states your currently salary, and a copy of a pay stub, just to be on the safe side.

It is up to the CO but my husband started working last year in Sept and we were okay but every case is individual as others have said. Have a back up plan just in case.

Remember to be at the interview with your spouse, in the DR it is a requirement.

Thank you all very much for your replies. But you are all still saying that i should do a Joint Sponsorship Just in case, better safe then sorry. Do any of you know if i need their last three years as well??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What kind of letter? I was still able to file me Tax returns but the income was not very high because i was living mostly in the Dominican Rep. and Pregnant for 10 months.

Thank you all very much for your replies. But you are all still saying that i should do a Joint Sponsorship Just in case, better safe then sorry. Do any of you know if i need their last three years as well??

Supply them with your tax return transcripts to show you are a lawful tax paying citizen.

No one is telling you to joint sponsor.

I would never request someone to take on that responsibility when you have the chance of being approved.

Just have someone in mind if they deny you at the interview.

They will tell you then to get another sponsor and you'll have time to do so and come back with one.

oldlady.gif

Supply them with your tax return transcripts to show you are a lawful tax paying citizen.

No one is telling you to joint sponsor.

I would never request someone to take on that responsibility when you have the chance of being approved.

Just have someone in mind if they deny you at the interview.

They will tell you then to get another sponsor and you'll have time to do so and come back with one.

Thank You

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.