Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Birth certificate in 'Forma Literal'

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am an American citizen that has done a 129F petition for my fiance in Honduras. It was approved and we are moving into the interview phase. I noticed it says BOTH the applicant AND the petitioner need to have a birth certificate in 'forma literal'. My fiance (from Honduras) got hers, but I have no idea where to begin to get a 'forma literal' in the states. Anyone have any ideas about this? Is the certified birth cert from the state not enough? help!

Also, it says I need a marriage cert AND a divorce decree from my previous marriage. I have the cert divorce decree, but the original marriage cert? Do I really need that? I have no idea where to even get it! I may be misunderstanding that part...that maybe for someone who married their fiance in the other country and filed a 130. Any info would be greatly appreciated!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need a forma literal birth certificate. Forma literal is just for authentication purposes in Honduras. Your regular birth certificate will do :).

The marriage part in not sure of. But I'm guessing they need marriage and divorce papers but I'm maybe your divorce papers will sufice...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you don't need that. just your fiance.

I-129F Sent : 2012-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2012-08-17

RFE Reply(s) : 2012-09-27

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-18

NVC Received : 2012-10-25

NVC Left : 2012-10-29

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2012-11-08

Interview Date : 2013-01-07

Interview Result :

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.