sdchargers

Received RFE for police clearance, how do we answer?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We received a RFE today for police clearances because my wife's fingerprints were unreadable... The same thing happened at AOS.

I anticipated this already, so we got a police clearance in April from the city police department of where we live now as well as the California state department of justice. I also had a police clearance letter from 2011 from the two other cities we lived in California. We never lived or returned there since the date on those letters.

Can we go ahead and submit these documents or is there going to be an issue because the date of the police clearances isn't current?

Thans for your help!

I am the US citizen, my wife is the applicant.

Adjusting from J1 Trainee visa:

August 25th, 2010: Filed AOS package to USCIS

August 27th, 2010: Package received by USCIS

September 2nd, 2010: Received I797 for I-130, I-485, I-765

October 14th, 2010: Received biometrics appointment letter (will be on Nov 5th)

AOS interview will be on January 13th, 2011!

January 13th, 2011: Approved at the day of the interview

Next step, removal of conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We received a RFE today for police clearances because my wife's fingerprints were unreadable... The same thing happened at AOS.

I anticipated this already, so we got a police clearance in April from the city police department of where we live now as well as the California state department of justice. I also had a police clearance letter from 2011 from the two other cities we lived in California. We never lived or returned there since the date on those letters.

Can we go ahead and submit these documents or is there going to be an issue because the date of the police clearances isn't current?

Thans for your help!

I just did sent in my RFE last week. I would say that the police check from april should still be good as long as it is statewide.

If yours reads like mine did, I sent in a cover letter, the notice of evidence,a affidavit stating no criminal history, and the state criminal check.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent my police check in on the 17th so lets see how fast they process these ?

Mine was delivered to the uscis on the 14th! hopefully a reply soon

Hi Stranger !!

Edited by Canadiandggal

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.