Cami94

Waiting on NOA2, what now?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Like many others I was transferred to the Texas service center. NOA1 is Jan 17 and my fiance just got the letter of transfer in the mail. (Didnt get any email updates though.) We've yet to see any approvals and it seems like VSC has moved on with the petitions that stayed behind. I'm worried all us transfers have just been shoved in a corner to collect dust :/

Still hoping for the best, praying there are approvals soon... So while I wait on my NOA2 I'd like to start getting things ready. Be prepared for whats next. I've looked at the costs to be expecting
$275 medical -Vancouver,BC
$ ?? Police certificate
$240 for visa
$300 for one way ticket from Vancouver airport once visa is approved

1 .Anything else I'm missing money wise? Between now and visa approval?

2. I've heard we need police certificates and that the wait is long but how do I go about doing this, can I apply now so I have it ready?

3. I keep reading about packet 3 and packet 4 once visa petition is forwarded to the embassy but what does that include?...Its kind of confusing. What exactly needs to be sent before I can schedule and have an interview done

4. How can someone be a co-sponser for the affidavit of support? My fiances mom is willing to be, so does he just fill out a form and include tax returns and his mother do the same?

5. What does my fiance mail to me once we get our NOA2? Affidavit of support, new signed letter of intent to marry, Copy of I-129f package...what else?

Also one thing I'm worried about is the medical. I know there's only one clinic in BC to do it and I believe the doctor is male, and apparently the medical test has a physical exam as well?? I've never had that done and I don't exact feel comfortable with someone looking at my *ahem* parts

Whew...thats a lot of questions! Big thanks to anyone who can help!

K1 VISA

01/15/2013-I-129f sent
01/17/2013-NOA1 date
02/01/2013-NOA1 hardcopy received
06/19/2013-NOA2 APPROVED!
07/11/2013-Case forwarded to DOS (took them long enough)
07/30/2013- Case received by Vancouver. Received packet 3 via email
08/16/2013-Received packet 4
09/09/2013-Medical
09/11/2013-Interview APPROVED!
09/23/2013-POE YVR airport
10/22/2013-Marriage

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/23/2014-Filed for Greencard
02/10/2014-NOA1 received
03/12/2014 RFE :(

03/18/2014-Biometrics
05/20/2014 Work permit received
July 2014 interview and approval! Received green card!

August 2014 found job!

and the journey continues....

Like many others I was transferred to the Texas service center. NOA1 is Jan 17 and my fiance just got the letter of transfer in the mail. (Didnt get any email updates though.) We've yet to see any approvals and it seems like VSC has moved on with the petitions that stayed behind. I'm worried all us transfers have just been shoved in a corner to collect dust :/

Still hoping for the best, praying there are approvals soon... So while I wait on my NOA2 I'd like to start getting things ready. Be prepared for whats next. I've looked at the costs to be expecting

$ ?? Police certificate

$240 for visa

2. I've heard we need police certificates and that the wait is long but how do I go about doing this, can I apply now so I have it ready?

3. I keep reading about packet 3 and packet 4 once visa petition is forwarded to the embassy but what does that include?...Its kind of confusing. What exactly needs to be sent before I can schedule and have an interview done

4. How can someone be a co-sponser for the affidavit of support? My fiances mom is willing to be, so does he just fill out a form and include tax returns and his mother do the same?

5. What does my fiance mail to me once we get our NOA2? Affidavit of support, new signed letter of intent to marry, Copy of I-129f package...what else?

Also one thing I'm worried about is the medical. I know there's only one clinic in BC to do it and I believe the doctor is male, and apparently the medical test has a physical exam as well?? I've never had that done and I don't exact feel comfortable with someone looking at my *ahem* parts

Let me do the questions I can:

1. You don't get the visa back right away. You have to wait for it to be sent to you. I'm unsure on the wait times for Vancouver right now but they generally say 5 days (business days.)

2. You need a police certificate, you can get one from the commissionaires. They're normally good for 6 months to 1 yr. You only need to do fingerprints if you have a record.

3, 4, 5, In the Canada forum there is a detailed post about K1 visa. Beyond that I'm not much help as I'm CR1 (just used the portal feature.. LOL)

EXTRA: There is only one place in BC that does the exam. They may have a nurse check you to see if you're a girl but it's not an actual physical exam in that sense. When I talked to another CR1 who had the exam there she didn't even have to change into a gown. The doctor felt her stomach and listened to her heart beat.

(BTW, you SHOULD find a gyno once you move and get that done. I was 22 when I had my first scare with cervical cancer which was ONLY detected by having my pap done. It was caught pre-cancerous but very close to going beyond. I had to have some special procedures afterwards and a bunch more paps, but now I'm very religious about it. Every year without fail! My mom has a hysterectomy at 38 even with yearly exams. My doctor was male and honestly, he was gentler than some female doctors I've had.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

$ ?? Police certificate

$240 for visa

I just wanted to address a couple of things for you. I’m not sure about your expenses so much as we are a CR-1/CR-2 however the police certificate we got from the Commissionaires. They were cheaper for me than the local police department ($37.50 each) and fast (2 business days). I believe they’re good for a year.

The medical - you need to either obtain your vaccination record and get your boosters and/or titre tests done. Dr. Cheema’s site has a list of required vaccinations on it for you. For our medicals which we had in Toronto, the nurse just lifted the gown up a little and peeked for girl parts. No touching, just visual and very quick. My teen said the nurse seemed more uncomfortable than she was about this part. I’m thinking Vancouver will be similar.

Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

EXTRA: There is only one place in BC that does the exam. They may have a nurse check you to see if you're a girl but it's not an actual physical exam in that sense. When I talked to another CR1 who had the exam there she didn't even have to change into a gown. The doctor felt her stomach and listened to her heart beat.

(BTW, you SHOULD find a gyno once you move and get that done. I was 22 when I had my first scare with cervical cancer which was ONLY detected by having my pap done. It was caught pre-cancerous but very close to going beyond. I had to have some special procedures afterwards and a bunch more paps, but now I'm very religious about it. Every year without fail! My mom has a hysterectomy at 38 even with yearly exams. My doctor was male and honestly, he was gentler than some female doctors I've had.)

Thanks for your reply! Doesn't sound like the exam will be too bad, I've been so nervous about that haha. You're right, last time I was at the doctor they suggested I get that done soon. My mom also had a cervical cancer scare not too long after I was born.

I just wanted to address a couple of things for you. I’m not sure about your expenses so much as we are a CR-1/CR-2 however the police certificate we got from the Commissionaires. They were cheaper for me than the local police department ($37.50 each) and fast (2 business days). I believe they’re good for a year.

The medical - you need to either obtain your vaccination record and get your boosters and/or titre tests done. Dr. Cheema’s site has a list of required vaccinations on it for you. For our medicals which we had in Toronto, the nurse just lifted the gown up a little and peeked for girl parts. No touching, just visual and very quick. My teen said the nurse seemed more uncomfortable than she was about this part. I’m thinking Vancouver will be similar.

Good luck smile.png

Thanks! The price for the certificate is not bad, I thought it'd be a lot more for some reason so thats good. I guess if they are good for about a year I might as well go ahead and get it so I'll be prepared for the next step.

K1 VISA

01/15/2013-I-129f sent
01/17/2013-NOA1 date
02/01/2013-NOA1 hardcopy received
06/19/2013-NOA2 APPROVED!
07/11/2013-Case forwarded to DOS (took them long enough)
07/30/2013- Case received by Vancouver. Received packet 3 via email
08/16/2013-Received packet 4
09/09/2013-Medical
09/11/2013-Interview APPROVED!
09/23/2013-POE YVR airport
10/22/2013-Marriage

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

01/23/2014-Filed for Greencard
02/10/2014-NOA1 received
03/12/2014 RFE :(

03/18/2014-Biometrics
05/20/2014 Work permit received
July 2014 interview and approval! Received green card!

August 2014 found job!

and the journey continues....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.