Adriana&Karel

K2 & I134 questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello guys!!

My fiance's daughter is 5 years old, i added her on the application because ideally we would love her to live with us, but since she lives in another state with her mom and her new family we believe she wont be coming along with him. The question here is: Do i need to show proof that i will be able to support her as well even if she doesnt come along with my fiance? and, If I do and she comes...does she need to stay and get an status adjustment too? or can she just come to visit and go back to her mom after an undetermined stay with us? and, in the event that her mom doesn't allow her to travel yet would we have to withdraw her petition or would it get automatically cancel? I am trying to stay positive here, but i don't see she would be coming to the US yet.

Also, I am currently working only part time, therefore my income is not enough to be a sole sponsor. My boss told me he is going to switch me to q full time position but due to other reasons that won't be happening just yet, maybe mid june. I already received my NOA2 and i was trying to get a co-sponsor but all the people who i had in mind are currently claiming someone else sad.png ...mind you, i came back from a 3 month stay with my sweetheart on May and didn't work all those months before so i had no proof of income since the beggining of the year but starting in May.....Would this job (10$ x hour full time) plus the Child Support i get (500$ monthly) be enough to cover the affidavit of financial support of a household of 3 if i don't get an sponsor??

I am worried i would get denied after all this effort. (When i started this journey i was employed full time at an attorneys office getting pay good but i was laid off, so it wasnt really poor planning)

Thanks for all the answers in advance yes.gif

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello guys!!

My fiance's daughter is 5 years old, i added her on the application because ideally we would love her to live with us, but since she lives in another state with her mom and her new family we believe she wont be coming along with him. The question here is: Do i need to show proof that i will be able to support her as well even if she doesnt come along with my fiance? and, If I do and she comes...does she need to stay and get an status adjustment too? or can she just come to visit and go back to her mom after an undetermined stay with us? and, in the event that her mom doesn't allow her to travel yet would we have to withdraw her petition or would it get automatically cancel? I am trying to stay positive here, but i don't see she would be coming to the US yet.

Also, I am currently working only part time, therefore my income is not enough to be a sole sponsor. My boss told me he is going to switch me to q full time position but due to other reasons that won't be happening just yet, maybe mid june. I already received my NOA2 and i was trying to get a co-sponsor but all the people who i had in mind are currently claiming someone else sad.png ...mind you, i came back from a 3 month stay with my sweetheart on May and didn't work all those months before so i had no proof of income since the beggining of the year but starting in May.....Would this job (10$ x hour full time) plus the Child Support i get (500$ monthly) be enough to cover the affidavit of financial support of a household of 3 if i don't get an sponsor??

I am worried i would get denied after all this effort. (When i started this journey i was employed full time at an attorneys office getting pay good but i was laid off, so it wasnt really poor planning)

Thanks for all the answers in advance yes.gif

This needs to begin with the understanding that the mother will have to agree to sign a statement indicating her permission to allow the child to emigrate. If that cant be done there rest isn't relevant.

If the mother allows her to move to the USA the process to get her a visa is the same as the fathers. You then become responsible for her support as well.

If you file the petition for her and don't go thru the procedure you will simply lose the fee and can notify USCIS you want to withdraw the petition.

Timeline

This needs to begin with the understanding that the mother will have to agree to sign a statement indicating her permission to allow the child to emigrate. If that cant be done there rest isn't relevant.

If the mother allows her to move to the USA the process to get her a visa is the same as the fathers. You then become responsible for her support as well.

If you file the petition for her and don't go thru the procedure you will simply lose the fee and can notify USCIS you want to withdraw the petition.

Yeah we knew it, It was supposed to happen but it hasnt been done yet and i have the feeling it just wont happen any time soon. sad.png

If I withdraw hers would that hinder his K1 as well? Should i start doing that now or at the time of the interview? or should i leave it as "Join to Follow" to buy more time for the permission? if we do that and she would come later, do i have to still prove that i am going to support her even if that petition is ok for a whole year? i mean, by then my fiance would probably be working and we would be more than able to support her with both incomes.

Thanks for the answers and sorry there are so many questions.

Edited by Adriana&Karel

---------------------------------------------------------heart.gif KAIDEM heart.gif----------------------------------------------------------------------

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yeah we knew it, It was supposed to happen but it hasnt been done yet and i have the feeling it just wont happen any time soon. sad.png

If I withdraw hers would that hinder his K1 as well? Should i start doing that now or at the time of the interview? or should i leave it as "Join to Follow" to buy more time for the permission? if we do that and she would come later, do i have to still prove that i am going to support her even if that petition is ok for a whole year? i mean, by then my fiance would probably be working and we would be more than able to support her with both incomes.

Thanks for the answers and sorry there are so many questions.

I don't know by reading your post if you filed for the child or not. If you did and now don't want to try to bring the child, notify USCIS. If you aren't sure and have filed just wait until you are sure.

You need to check with the embassy to make sure they allow a co sponsor if your income isn't high enough to support your fiancé. You have to prove you can support the amount of people you are bringing to the USA.

Timeline

I don't know by reading your post if you filed for the child or not. If you did and now don't want to try to bring the child, notify USCIS. If you aren't sure and have filed just wait until you are sure.

You need to check with the embassy to make sure they allow a co sponsor if your income isn't high enough to support your fiancé. You have to prove you can support the amount of people you are bringing to the USA.

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I filed for my fiance and his daughter all together, back then we were going to get the approval from the mother, but now, it doesn't seem like that anymore. Also, when i filed 7 months ago i had a full time job that would allowed me to maintain both of them, but things changed for me and now the situation that i have is the one i presented above.

Can i call USCIS and notify them the withdraw of my step daughter or should i just change it to join to follow? I mean, I already received my NOA2 and i dont know if its too late now, we still don't know if the mom would change her mind and would allow her to come and we just want to buy time to work it out but we don't know if would be a problem when the interview comes and we didn't wothdraw her from the petition.

The main problem here is that i dont know if by leaving her as join to follow i have to still prove that i can support her, by the time she gets here my husband to be would prob be working already and both of us together can easily support her needs. I hope i'm making sense, if you need more info to provide me with a suggestion or answer feel free to ask.

PS: Venezuela's embassy allows co-sponsors.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Adriana&Karel

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I filed for my fiance and his daughter all together, back then we were going to get the approval from the mother, but now, it doesn't seem like that anymore. Also, when i filed 7 months ago i had a full time job that would allowed me to maintain both of them, but things changed for me and now the situation that i have is the one i presented above.

Can i call USCIS and notify them the withdraw of my step daughter or should i just change it to join to follow? I mean, I already received my NOA2 and i dont know if its too late now, we still don't know if the mom would change her mind and would allow her to come and we just want to buy time to work it out but we don't know if would be a problem when the interview comes and we didn't wothdraw her from the petition.

The main problem here is that i dont know if by leaving her as join to follow i have to still prove that i can support her, by the time she gets here my husband to be would prob be working already and both of us together can easily support her needs. I hope i'm making sense, if you need more info to provide me with a suggestion or answer feel free to ask.

PS: Venezuela's embassy allows co-sponsors.

Thanks in advance!

The concept of support is about providing support for people that are in the USA so they don't become a problem for the tax paying citizens of the USA.

If you petitioned for two you have to provide support for those people. If they don't come you wont be supporting them. If they join to follow you would have to submit a 134 at the time of the interview for that person.

Since you paid the fee already I would attempt to change it to, join to follow. You can always cancel it later in the process.

Timeline

The concept of support is about providing support for people that are in the USA so they don't become a problem for the tax paying citizens of the USA.

If you petitioned for two you have to provide support for those people. If they don't come you wont be supporting them. If they join to follow you would have to submit a 134 at the time of the interview for that person.

Since you paid the fee already I would attempt to change it to, join to follow. You can always cancel it later in the process.

Ok thank you, that answered my question good.gif

Edited by Adriana&Karel

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Can a petitioner (sponsor) with limited financial resources sponsor only the principal applicant and not his/her spouse and eligible children?

Yes, the sponsor can limit the number of sponsored immigrants to the number of people who actually intend to immigrate at that time. The principal applicant must be one of the sponsored immigrants. The petitioner can reduce his/her household size by limiting the number of sponsored applicants. This reduces the minimum income requirement. The sponsor can file another Affidavit of Support for the principal applicant's dependents later when the petitioner and the principal applicant have more income. The principal applicant and any of his/her family members who may have already immigrated must be included in the household size for the new Affidavit of Support.

I found the official answer on: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

Thank you all for the help and i hope this is useful.

Edited by Adriana&Karel

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yes, the sponsor can limit the number of sponsored immigrants to the number of people who actually intend to immigrate at that time. The principal applicant must be one of the sponsored immigrants. The petitioner can reduce his/her household size by limiting the number of sponsored applicants. This reduces the minimum income requirement. The sponsor can file another Affidavit of Support for the principal applicant's dependents later when the petitioner and the principal applicant have more income. The principal applicant and any of his/her family members who may have already immigrated must be included in the household size for the new Affidavit of Support

http://travel.state..../info_3183.html

I found an official answer i hope it can be useful to others as well, Thank you all!

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.