EAS

Filipina working and living in SG. Will interview be at USEM SG or USEM MNL?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

This post: #155 appears to indicate that a Filipina who is working and living in Singapore still must hold PR status in order to have her interview at the United States Embassy in Singapore. Is this true in all cases or is it something that is decided on in some other way?

Edited by EAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

This post: #155 appears to indicate that a Filipina who is working and living in Singapore still must hold PR status in order to have her interview at the United States Embassy in Singapore. Is this true in all cases or is it something that is decided on in some other way?

Hi EAS, we are in the same page..I am also Filipina working here in sg for 3 years already yet im not a pr.. I read some post that they were some that interviewed here and some that their papers was sent to USEM MANILA. We are hoping to be done it here in sg.. still waiting for my case number. How bout you?

Timeline

Hi EAS, we are in the same page..I am also Filipina working here in sg for 3 years already yet im not a pr.. I read some post that they were some that interviewed here and some that their papers was sent to USEM MANILA. We are hoping to be done it here in sg.. still waiting for my case number. How bout you?

foxy05:

The I-129F petition for my fiancée was just approved on 22 May 2013 so it hasn't even made it to the NVC yet. Tomorrow, Monday, is a holiday here so there will be no progress then. I suspect it will be early June before the NVC even has the paperwork. I am hoping that the process won't take as long once it is in the hands of the Department of State. In short, we are still waiting for the case number.

I am hoping that she can do the interview in Singapore. But if it comes down to the interview being in Manila then we will obviously do it there.

Timeline

Ohh wow..glad that we finally see a couple who has the same situation as we have. My fiance got our NOA2 hardcopy 22may as well. We will try to call NVC tmr if its open. Lets hope for the best and fastest outcome..

Lets keep each other posted.. nice to meet you EAS.

Timeline

Ohh wow..glad that we finally see a couple who has the same situation as we have. My fiance got our NOA2 hardcopy 22may as well. We will try to call NVC tmr if its open. Lets hope for the best and fastest outcome..

Lets keep each other posted.. nice to meet you EAS.

Nice to meet you also.

It is just now 03:30 AM on Monday, Memorial Day here. So your fiance will not reach anyone in a Federal Government office as they are all closed for the holiday. Tuesday in the USA is when he will be able to reach someone, hopefully.

You guys are probably a few days ahead of us as I only have the electronic notification of the approval of the petition. I have yet to receive the hard copy of the notice.

Good luck with the rest of the process and do keep in touch, as will I.

Timeline

Nothing as of yet. The last time I called NVC they still said the files had no come from USCIS. How about with you?

My fiance called today, we got our case number but they still have to process it.

Just keep calling ours took 15days.

Timeline

To answer my own question for starting this topic. In our particular case not having PR status did not prevent the assignment of an SGP case code. I guess it still remains to be seen if the United States Embassy in Singapore will accept and process the case but I am hopeful that they will do so. I was advised to wait about a week to see if the case has been processed by the NVC.

Timeline

As always it is a case to case basis. I guess if a case needs more verification that only your country of citizenship can process it efficiently then they will forward it to that place. Good luck

Timeline

As always it is a case to case basis. I guess if a case needs more verification that only your country of citizenship can process it efficiently then they will forward it to that place. Good luck

foxy05:

Did your case file go to the USEM Singapore yet? Did you get an email from them listing the requirements? Do you know if the CENOMAR, NBI clearance and Singapore Police CoC have to be sent directly to the USEM Singapore IV Unit or if they can be hand carried by the applicant?

Timeline

foxy05:

I called the NVC today and was told that the case file had been sent to the USEM SG two days ago. So, it looks like things are moving along. I sent an email to the IV Unit at the USEM SG to ask about the documents. The reply was:

Dear Sir,

Please refer to then instructions contained in Packet 3 which we will send you when your file is with us.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Singapore

6476-9100

Timeline

Packet 3 contains all the Instructions. You and your fiance should be helping each to gather all the required docs

We have all of the required documents except:

1. CENOMAR
  2. NBI Clearance
  3. SG Police CoC

We don't have those documents because we don't know if the USEM SG will accept and process the case or if they will forward it to the USEM MNL. And because we don't know if the documents have to be sent directly to the USEM [sG or MNL] by the originating agency or if the applicant can hand carry the documents to the USEM [sG or MNL].

I sent an email to the USEM SG asking which method of delivery they expected/desired. The response was to follow the instructions in Packet 3. Since the applicant has not yet received Packet 3 we can not follow those instructions at this point in time. We will have to wait for Packet 3 to arrive just to read the instructions for the last 3 documents that we need to acquire/have sent, whichever one it turns out to be for each document.

I posted the information about the case being sent to the USEM SG because I typed here that I would keep you updated as to the progress and share information as if became available.

Timeline

We have all of the required documents except:

• CENOMAR
  • NBI Clearance
  • SG Police CoC
We don't have those documents because we don't know if the USEM SG will accept and process the case or if they will forward it to the USEM MNL. And because we don't know if the documents have to be sent directly to the USEM [sG or MNL] by the originating agency or if the applicant can hand carry the documents to the USEM [sG or MNL].

I sent an email to the USEM SG asking which method of delivery they expected/desired. The response was to follow the instructions in Packet 3. Since the applicant has not yet received Packet 3 we can not follow those instructions at this point in time. We will have to wait for Packet 3 to arrive just to read the instructions for the last 3 documents that we need to acquire/have sent, whichever one it turns out to be for each document.

I posted the information about the case being sent to the USEM SG because I typed here that I would keep you updated as to the progress and share information as if became available.

Our case haven't got here in sg.. we are waiting for the instruction from packet 3 too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.