Vicki&Nanuka

I'm in tears....EMS WAHALA!!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent package with documents through EMS on May 9, 2013 and up to now, the item can not be tracked on NIPOST or EMS Speed Post. I started an inquiry from my end here in U.S on May 16, 2013. I've also placed calls to EMS customer service and they are unable to locate package on their system. I have used EMS twice and never had an issue before. Last document was sent on a Thursday and he received in 5 days (same size package). My husband's birthday is tomorrow and I am just heart-broken because his birthday cards and immigration preps are included. He has called the local post office from his side and NIPOST/EMS Headquarters in Lagos. I don't know what else to do. We are getting closer to interview date and now this, I am in a SERIOUS state right now...cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gif

Timeline

Sorry to hear that, being just docs I think it'll show up.

Someone in Lagos/Ibadan stole my camera last year.

Not just documents, it's a package with documents included. I've sent documents and other items including a Tracfone for when he arrives including clothing and watches, and he's gotten said items without any issue.And I was able to track through NIPOST website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent an IPhone ( very risky ) to my fiancee but i insured it and also sent it using signature requirements. It made it safely but i could track it. Im sorry this has happened :( i would continue bugging the ####### out of where u sent it from. The mistake must b on the US end if u havent been able to track it at all .... I pray ur partner gets it!! Goodluck

Timeline

Thank you,I am beside myself. U.S says it was sent,Naija says it wasn't received. I have been calling and today is hubby's birthday. The last time I sent through EMS,I was able to track it in Nigeria, but this 1 is nonexistent. I pray to hear some good news by Friday.

Timeline

Thank you,I am beside myself. U.S says it was sent,Naija says it wasn't received. I have been calling and today is hubby's birthday. The last time I sent through EMS,I was able to track it in Nigeria, but this 1 is nonexistent. I pray to hear some good news by Friday.

hello!

I have been searching my archives to see if i have anything that could help. I experienced the sme issue few days to my mum's first interview date 2 years. i have always used(and still use) USPS/EMS and never had any issues until that time. once it left U.S, we could not track it and no one could give us an idea of the location either so I bugged the ####### out of EMS until this guy responded.

The issue was that they could not deliver to the address because my package had been classified as "merchandise" by them and they do NOT do "door step deliveries" for that. I asked how that could be when USPS and customs documents clearly stated "documents" on the envelop( i had included few pics so maybe they touched and felt that inside).

Anyway he asked me to send the addressee or someone else with letter of authorization to their festac post office at

22 Festac road.

The man's name is Mr Olajide( don't know if he still works there but you could try).

Their email is emsnigcsu@yahoo.com he was quick in responding to me also.

CUSTOMER SERVICES
EMS/SPEEDPOST NIGERIA
Tel: +23412713456, +23417401251, +23414801450.
Mobile: +2348023317053
Fax: +23412713545

Note: He also said my sister should be ready to pay extra when she gets there ( he was not at the festac office) before the package is released ( which didnt make sense as I felt I had paid for all that at my end here). Well she got there and aruged it out with them until they released it.I had heard people pay that extra fee and walk away.

I hope it works out for you.

Edited by ndu26

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

Thanks Ndu,I will work on this tomorrow. I've been @my wits end,and hubby is the same just trying to be strong for me.I marked package as gifts and have never had issues with him receiving but I will definitely try...Thanks again to everyone for your support.

Timeline

Ndu,to add to earlier comments.My husband has always picked up package "undeliverable ",and he's always had to pay abt $60 USD.Email response was sent @3a.m U.S time,so it was responded @8a.m Naija time.The response was prompt, but the issue was not investigated.I responded to the email with a lengtht response of my own.Does it just end here,with U.S sent and Nigeria saying not in System,and me stuck in the middle because no one wants to accept or take responsibility for locating a package with a tracking# ?

Timeline

I sent package with documents through EMS on May 9, 2013 and up to now, the item can not be tracked on NIPOST or EMS Speed Post. I started an inquiry from my end here in U.S on May 16, 2013. I've also placed calls to EMS customer service and they are unable to locate package on their system. I have used EMS twice and never had an issue before. Last document was sent on a Thursday and he received in 5 days (same size package). My husband's birthday is tomorrow and I am just heart-broken because his birthday cards and immigration preps are included. He has called the local post office from his side and NIPOST/EMS Headquarters in Lagos. I don't know what else to do. We are getting closer to interview date and now this, I am in a SERIOUS state right now...cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifcray5ol.gif

I am sorry to hear abt yours too Vicki&Nanuka bocs mines also was sent through EMS on May 8, 2013 to Nigeria and it has not made it their yet either. I have called them to place an inquiry abt it, but they called me yesterday talking abt it just left ISC MIAMI, FL on May 21, 2013 at some darn 9:26p.m. I asked them why was my package still here in the USA when I paid so much money to have my husband's clothes and docements sent to him. The man claimed that it was back up and that is probably the reason for the package being late. I told them I want to file another inquiry bocs that is not right when I paid so much money to them to have it their when it was promised. I say pray abt it and just hope for the best, but I do understand all you saying abt your husband birthday cards and gifts plus his documents. I will keep you in my prayers.

Timeline

Ndu,to add to earlier comments.My husband has always picked up package "undeliverable ",and he's always had to pay abt $60 USD.Email response was sent @3a.m U.S time,so it was responded @8a.m Naija time.The response was prompt, but the issue was not investigated.I responded to the email with a lengtht response of my own.Does it just end here,with U.S sent and Nigeria saying not in System,and me stuck in the middle because no one wants to accept or take responsibility for locating a package with a tracking# ?

Baiscally what it all boils down to Vicki&Nanuka is yes bocs neither one of them cares abt the package as long as they got our money. Just keep praying for the best and plz keep me informed when your hubby gets his package and I will do the same too.

Timeline

nosa4eva,my dear @least the where about of your package is known for now.I pray it reaches Nigeria. Track it on Nipost website,by the Grace of God it will reach.My own by all accounts has vanished into thin air.I would most definitely be upset sending on May 8th and having it just leave on May 21st.I pray my package was rerouted and was sent with your package...that would be a miracle....

Edited by Vicki&Nanuka

Timeline

nosa4eva,I forgot to ask..when you tracked the package from U.S,what was the comment?,did it say it was in transit and are you located near Miami region for your package to leave ISC MIAMI?

Timeline

nosa4eva,I forgot to ask..when you tracked the package from U.S,what was the comment?,did it say it was in transit and are you located near Miami region for your package to leave ISC MIAMI?

Vicki&Nanuka that sent it through two different service in MIAMI...first it was processed through the USPS sort facility and departed from there on May 14, 2013 and shipped to the MIAMI ISC and it arrived on May 15, 2013 at that place and just been processed through sort facility on May 21, 2013 @ 9:26pm. So I don't truly don't know if it is exactly left the USA or not? But all I can do is trust GOD and let HIM work things out. I encourage you to just pray and keep the FAITH my friend because GOD has everything in control.

To answer the question am I near Miami, yes I am I live in Alabama! But it has never taken this long either for anything of mines to get to my husband, so I'm gonna just pray and hope that it reaches him by next week. I will keep you informed of things.

Edited by nosa4eva

Timeline

Vicki&Nanuka that sent it through two different service in MIAMI...first it was processed through the USPS sort facility and departed from there on May 14, 2013 and shipped to the MIAMI ISC and it arrived on May 15, 2013 at that place and just been processed through sort facility on May 21, 2013 @ 9:26pm. So I don't truly don't know if it is exactly left the USA or not? But all I can do is trust GOD and let HIM work things out. I encourage you to just pray and keep the FAITH my friend because GOD has everything in control.

To answer the question am I near Miami, yes I am I live in Alabama! But it has never taken this long either for anything of mines to get to my husband, so I'm gonna just pray and hope that it reaches him by next week. I will keep you informed of things.

but when you checked the tracking system from beginning til now, did the information change or remain the same?...Hopefully, you will start tracking in Nigeria.I pray for both of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.