DanielandNina

Waiting and Waiting for answer :/

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hello

well... we have sent our I-130 package (from Seattle) in January and on 23th we got answer that our package has recieved and gave us case number and also we got notification mail. since then nothing... i am checking my case status everyday and its says "Initial Review" almost 5 months.

How long usually its takes to get answer ? i read here that it 3 - 5 months but also people say they loose cases sometimes.

should i call and check or continue waiting ? how long ?

i start worry

cray5ol.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi There,

When we did our I-130 it took about 7 months, also from Seattle area. That was a bit over a year ago now, but it seems by the way things have been going 5 - 7 months would seem normal. 3 would be more along the lines of the oversea filers.

Unfortunately patience is the key especially during this step of the process as it usually is the longest wait. No need to worry yet, that's for sure!

Best of luck in your journey! star_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Georgia
Timeline

I have finally got approved few days ago and my husbands family in USA already received NOA2. its just one paper :/ which says they case is sent to NVC and they will contact to my husband soon

i dont really know what i should do next ?

should i print next step blanks already and fill them and make ready for sending to NVC or what should i do ?

will they send me any blanks ?

can anybody tell me please what should i do now ? just wait till they will send some documents or ... i should start moving and get some documents ready ?

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations!
I would start getting everything together now. You can always download the forms needed from the government website to get a head start. Also getting the police records, etc would be something you can get started on as well. If you prepare everything ahead of time you will be ready to send it in as soon as the fees clear payment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.