Leafgal

Good Luck J&K

19 posts in this topic

Excellent news!! Congrats to you both!! :dance::dance:

Monique

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Ok...so John left this morning :( and I received my visa in the mail today, so I can finally tell you all about my interview.

John and I stayed at the Hyatt. Very nice hotel and literally a hop, skip and a jump to the embassy....if you are not very tired in the morning and can't seem to find it :lol: Thank goodness people have those rather large xrays in their hands. That's how we found the entrance! haha

So we arrive and Married My Love recognized John from our picture...John doesn't frequent this site so she freaked him out a bit lol.

And yes...the security lady with the curly black hair is a meanie! I don't think she had her morning cup of coffee. We discussed this might be the same mean lady who takes all of our calls haha.

So when we went through security (2 at a time) they said to go to window 9 (which was straight and to the right down a hall from the elevator.) Oh and forgot...don't let the security people use your letter to show who is supposed to go up in the elevator because you have to wait for them to give it back to you and you don't get on the elevator first! I ended up 4th in line at window 9. Not a big thing, but just more waiting.

So I chatted with Married My Love and another lady who was going the K-1 route. Helped to pass the time. Finally my name was called, went to window 6, gave her all of my stuff and then she says to me "Your letter says you have an appointment at 9:30am...how did you know to come early?" So I told her this website of course! Married My Love and I have a theory that the people at Montreal know allllll about this site and are trying to throw us off our games :lol:

Anyhoo...took my ticket and went and paid the cashier, we back to window 6 gave her the receipt and sat down for a little bit more, while the others went for their interview. Finally, I got called in to room 8 (the same as Married My Love) and it was just as she said, it was like I was having a conversation with a friend. He was very nice. He asked how we met, what John did for a living, about John's previous marriage, he also asked about our age difference (7.5 years)...but after I finished answering him about that he even said...well you're 24 you're not a child...haha...I guess he realiazed it was a dumb question lol.

He told me I would get the visa either Friday or Monday (actually it was Tuesday..but that's ok ;) )

I was out of there at just after 9am, went back to the Hyatt (where John returned to go to bed haha) and we left to go back home.

Now, just have to wait for John to come back up and get me in late January or February.

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Thanks for the update and congrats again :D

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.