erenfro

Concerns of job changes during processing -- Needing advice

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm into 6 months now waiting for USCIS to approve my petition to have my Japanese fiance come over on a K-1 Fiance Visa, and I'm wondering about a possible problem that may be caused, or if I shouldn't worry.

Main thing is, I'm looking to change jobs from what I'm doing now which is a highly technical, a Linux Systems Engineer, to another job exactly identical without any down time, just the only difference is my start date will of course change.

Does anyone think that this may become a problem for when processing continues on to the NVC, or should I be relatively safe in this regard?

The main reason I'm looking into this is because the company I work for kinda decided to stop supporting the main product I support, which means in about a year, or less, this job will be cut pretty extensively.. More so, Linux stuff will be cut extensively more leaning on Windows, which I don't care to professionally support, nor have the time to try to catch up with what they've done in the past 20 years.

Any advice is appreciated.. If there's no concerns regarding the manner of this, it's also good to know.

Eric

Filed: Timeline

I'm into 6 months now waiting for USCIS to approve my petition to have my Japanese fiance come over on a K-1 Fiance Visa, and I'm wondering about a possible problem that may be caused, or if I shouldn't worry.

Main thing is, I'm looking to change jobs from what I'm doing now which is a highly technical, a Linux Systems Engineer, to another job exactly identical without any down time, just the only difference is my start date will of course change.

Does anyone think that this may become a problem for when processing continues on to the NVC, or should I be relatively safe in this regard?

The main reason I'm looking into this is because the company I work for kinda decided to stop supporting the main product I support, which means in about a year, or less, this job will be cut pretty extensively.. More so, Linux stuff will be cut extensively more leaning on Windows, which I don't care to professionally support, nor have the time to try to catch up with what they've done in the past 20 years.

Any advice is appreciated.. If there's no concerns regarding the manner of this, it's also good to know.

Eric

From one engineer to another...

if(employed && making_enough && first_world_country_like_japan)

{

return approval;

}

As long as you make enough money to support her, they will issue the visa. Especially considering it is Japan, where the visa interviews are extremely easy and the fraud rates extremely low. I wouldn't worry.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

From one engineer to another...

if(employed && making_enough && first_world_country_like_japan)

{

return approval;

}

As long as you make enough money to support her, they will issue the visa. Especially considering it is Japan, where the visa interviews are extremely easy and the fraud rates extremely low. I wouldn't worry.

Heh, nice way to put it. But yeah, I was hoping that would be the case, because, yes... I do make well enough to support her and myself together, comfortably enough in the state I live in anyway. Florida's cost of living is not high, but wages are also less than that of the west coast or north along the east coast, but regardless.. Reasonably comfortable to be able to save money and not live strictly just paycheck to paycheck.

I'm in the US, she'll be coming from Japan, having currently even a job right now to this day while she continues to save money for her side of the process, to help insure coverage of finances for the government involvement. ;)

I was more worried about the start date of my new job may end up being less than a month once I change over since their due date for to "come to a decision" is supposed to be June 1st.. I may be at the new job by then, depending on how things continue to go as they are. I'm already getting screening paperwork, but no actual official offer of the job, just yet, let alone pay to determine if I'll even accept it or not. hehe

I'm sure they factor somewhat in longevity in the workplace, and I've worked where I am for 2 years now, before that I've held 2 1~1.5year jobs in a row with only a month lapse between.

That's why I was concerned, mostly.

Eric

Eric

I always tell people to live their lives as they see fit and not to satisfy the USCIS. As long as you have previous proof of sufficient income--paystubs, tax returns, bank account statements showing deposits, etc--and the new job will have sufficient income you will be fine. The I-864 is when you really need to prove the income which comes at the AOS phase. People move and change jobs all the time. My assumption is that you are well above the poverty guideline currently and with the new job so this will not be a problem.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: Timeline

I should also say, I work in a Japanese company, speak Japanese at work all day, live in a very Japanese community, and have seen tons and tons of situations where Japanese apply for visas.

No Japanese person I have ever heard of has been denied for a visa. It's insanely easy there to get the visa.

As long as you make enough to fulfill the guidelines, I seriously doubt you will run into any issues.

What would Xenu do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.