applicantctg

Awaiting Interview date at Dhaka Embassy

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

My CR-1 processing seems to have completed and received an e-mail from NVC saying the case has been completed in their end. Now they suggested in e-mail, they will schedule interview and will notify petitioner/applicant/agent when it is time.

I want to know how long does it take to get a Interview date in case of Dhaka Embassy? My case completed on 16 May'2013.

Thank you in advance for sharing :-)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My case completed on May 10th, 2013 and I'm still waiting. I'm excited we're on the same timeline! Hopefully we'll hear back by the end of this month. We'll probably get a July interview date.

Add your name to the end of this thread and follow it to see when other people are getting their interview dates scheduled: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428289-june-2013-interviews/

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

Hi ainsn,

Thank you for sharing your status. I was wondering if i'd get a reply from anyone related to Dhk embassy! I searched some pages here and got an idea that they usually schedule interview within 50 days of case completion, at Dhaka Embassy, which matched with your prediction as well.

Keep Sharing your status here and let us know if you receive any update from NVC.

Our case was completed at NVC on Feb 25th and we waited until Mar 7th to find out our interview date was scheduled for Apr 17th.

Marriage : 2012-08-24 In Bangladesh

USCIS
2012-09-11: I-130 Sent
2012-09-14: USCIS Received
2012-09-14: I-130 NOA1
2013-01-11: I-130 NOA2 Approved (118 days)

NVC
2013-01-14: NVC Received
2013-01-31: NVC Case # issued/IIN issued
2013-01-31: E-mailed Completed DS-3032
2013-02-06: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill (AOS)
2013-02-06: Pay AOS Bill
2013-02-07: AOS Bill Shows Paid
2013-02-08: Sent Completed I-864
2013-02-11: NVC Received I-864 Package
2013-02-13: NVC Accepted DS-3032
2013-02-14: Received IV Bill
2013-02-14: Pay IV Bill
2013-02-15: IV Bill Shows Paid
2013-02-15: IV Packet Sent
2013-02-15: AOS Package accepted
2013-02-19: NVC Received IV Packet
2013-02-25: IV Accepted
2013-02-25: Case Completed at NVC
2013-03-07: Received Instruction Package/Interview Date
2013-03-22: NVC Left

Embassy
2013-03-27: Embassy Received
2013-04-04: Medical
2013-04-17: Interview Date
2013-04-18: Visa Received
2013-04-28: US Entry
2013-xx-xx: SSN Received
2013-05-16: Green Card Received

abp4kt.png

Applicantctg: my lessons learned from this is: this may take 2 weeks to 7 weeks. NVC does not set up appointments and the embassy does. What NVC will do is they will send a bulk of approved cases to Dhaka on a bi-weekly basis. To give an example, if your case was approved on day 1 and the bulk goes on 14th, guess what you will be behind 14 days from the one whose application was approved on day 14th.

Once Dhaka embassy receives this bulk they will start assigning the cases for that month. If they cannot accommodate them all, it will be moved on to the next month (in addition to the next bulk they will receive from NVC). In that case you may get pushed back by 2 weeks as well. however good thing is its first come first serve basis, so your case will be handled before an by the serial number. Hence 2-7 weeks is a standard guess.

At this time you should be all good and make sure you prep your spouse for a bullet proof interview :-). 2 - 7 weeks would not feel anything compared to going in to an AP which could then take 2 weeks to an year. Good luck and I am sure you are well prepared with the interview docs and papers.

Good luck and best wishes for you two.

;-)

Thanks sic2005, mina90 for sharing.

hellraiser: Thanks a lot. Im feeling good now that i signed in to VJ, your experience really helps a lot, thank u once again. I was actually following mina90 and sic2005's timeline above and i thot i would get an email by June-01/02, but according to your theory our case will be transferred to Dhk Emb on May'30th, and chances are to get the mail by 1st/2nd week of June! Well lets see how it works in my case.

and AP, yes i heard about it, really horrible when it takes indefinite time for some people!

We would appreciate any bullet proof interview tips of any sort from you guys :-)

Ho Ho Ho. There isn't a silver bullet for an interview with the embassy on an immigration matter. My experience reading many thread is; be prepared and consistent with the information provided. It is all matter of credibility in the eye of the CO (interviewer) and is important that your spouse isn't saying conflicting things. There can always be mistakes or wrong information an if such thing happens, not to panic and admit the mistake (if it is a mistake). That doesn't mean you take everything as your mistake. I've seen interviews where the could had a baby and there were differences on the DOB of the baby.. Now this may trigger an alert (just an example). Similarly use judgemet to detetmine what you should or should not acknowledge, admit or even agree during the interview as common sense and calm manner usually prevails on the interviews.

However understand this, your spouse will be really nervous regardless how tough you are. So be supportive to him/her and be there for the moral support regards less of the outcome.

Good luck, be positive and hope for the best. That's the only thing we/you can do.

Again good luck for you two.

By the way, when my wife took the interview I picked on her memory and tried to find some of the questions. Tried to put those somewhere on my profile, so if you can find them, just go over them. Though she got away easy, it's better than speculation :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My wife also waiting for interview from dhaka consulate . we have recived email from NVC last 14th May . please let us know if anyone recived any from NVC recently with interview date

Hi farhansay,

You can see it in a thread name "July Interviews". Our case completed at 16th May and we received (p4) Interview notification e-mail on 5th June. If your case was completed In May, you should get the mail by now for a july Interview date.

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.